Avram Grant to leave Pompey?

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K

Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Reports today are that Avram Grant has received a job offer from an un-named premiership club. Obviously I am taking into account that the article is from The Sun but I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that he could get a job at a big club.

I for one think he is massively under-rated, within a few points of the Premiership, a posts width of a Champions League winners medal and now taking the mighty Portsmouth (That one was for you max (H)) to an FA Cup final. And if truth be told, I wouldn't mind him at Liverpool if/when he goes - Depending on which news sources you believe. I think he would do a cracking job and am a big fan of the Isreali.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2929610/Avrams-got-Prem-job-offer.html

Based on the articlue, if true of course, would you like to see him at your club?

And also who do you think this un-named club is?

It is from The Sun but I don't think he will stay at Portsmouth next season. Maybe leave on a high after getting to the FA Cup final?

I'd love him to stay but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't. :S

If this came from the Daily Mirror then I would of written it off as a load of bull. The job might even be a director of football at a club yet. It dont say the job is a managerial one.

To be honest it probably is false, but as I said - He is very under-rated and if it is a managers job, I certainly wouldn't object to him coming here.

Avram Grant is probably one of the Prem's finest managers personally, he is fab at managing the lower prem teams as he never looks happy XD

Can't see it being Bolton, only just hired Coyle.

WHU - Hmmm now that is a good shout

Its from the sun and based on their previous (namely, but not exclusive to) Hillsbrough, its a load of bull anyway and they are a bunch of c***s.

No-one can blame him if he left and had he inherited a decent club that hadn't been ruined by pathetic lying arabs, mis-managed by greedy cheif executives or coached by a fraudulent cockney, im sure Pompey would have stayed up had he been there since june.

As for West Ham, its probably the most likely out of the potential possibilities (Liverpool, if they ever sort their finances out and don't start selling off players to pay of RBS by June / Man CIty, am sure i saw on Sky that Mancini was favourite for the axe in the summer regardless of 4th place and that he was a short term measure anyhow. However, 'The Special One' has got to be favourite for those two jobs. Most likely the Hammers but i'm not convinced he would work for Sullivan and Gold, after all they seem to be more driven on profits than they ever were at Birmingham.

And no im not slagging anyone's club off, incase people get the **** on, after all, look at who i support and this is just an opinion :P

*and thats not a dig in a racial sense at Arabs or the Middle East, thats a dig out the owners who have had no money to back their mouths when they've claimed to be the saviour of Pompey like Gadymark and the rest

hes recieved a job offer from Hull City due to Ian Dowie cant last 2 minutes in a job and is only there part-time

Could it not be Manchester City. Think about it, Rumours going around Cook is about to leave the role of director of football, or football co-ordinator whatever he does. Avram doesnt neccesay need to of had an offer for a managers role. I think it is more likely to be board level

Could it not be Manchester City. Think about it, Rumours going around Cook is about to leave the role of director of football, or football co-ordinator whatever he does. Avram doesnt neccesay need to of had an offer for a managers role. I think it is more likely to be board level

No Scott, it definatley won't be Man City. They have all the money in the world and would not hire Avram Grant when they have got Roberto Mancini.

No Scott, it definatley won't be Man City. They have all the money in the world and would not hire Avram Grant when they have got Roberto Mancini.

did you even read what i said. It could be as a director of football, he did that job for chelsea and portsmouth

Theres nothing Mancini has that Grant hasn't apart from looks. Manicni will never guide City to a CL Final imo.

You read the sun? Shame.

I will not click that link.

Grant would be a very good director of football/ CEO, cook is very good with finances but he knows nothing about football, grant does, doubt its him though, dont want him as manager ever though sam lol, mancini is 10 times better

It was in BBC Gossip Column and no matter what source, I'll have a look as it is interesting football news.

Back