Awaking a sleeping giant! The Leeds United tale

MrStu01

Reaction score
View attachment 353252

Leeds United appoint Chris Waterman

This thread follows my FM alter ego Chris Waterman on his first managerial outing of FM13! I am hoping to guide Leeds to be the best team in the world (infamous last words) this will follow the progress every month of the team performances and ups and downs. Enjoy and feel free to post suggestions support or anything! Let the challenge begin!

Leeds United have appointed 33 year old Chris Waterman ahead of the 2012/13 season. The simple aim for Chris is to make Leeds the once great power of English football that they once were!

View attachment 353253
View attachment 353254

Championship Aim
Top Half Finish - Play attacking football

Budget
£4.5million

Club Rivals
Chelsea, Manchester United, Galatasaray, Huddersfield Town

In a press conference announcing his appointment Chris Waterman stated "I can spark a revival of this team." This was followed by the startling announcement that the club has gone 20 years without a trophy which Chris addressed simply by nodding.

Cheers guys looking forward to this post. Always wanted to try a former prem club but its always a difficult one. Fingers crossed

Though in real life Im extremely happy with Leeds finding their true level between league 1 and the Champo, I ll wish you good luck. Will be following!

Pre-Season:
Olympiakos-Piraeus-icon.png

Leeds United 2-2 Olympiakos
Elland Road
View attachment 353947
A very even contest which saw both teams tested early on. Leeds showed their resolve and walked away with a respectable draw.

Ballymena United 1-0 Leeds United
Ballymena Showgrounds
A disappointing show all round from a more inexperienced Leeds United team. Despite creating numerous chances the visitors only found the target with 3 shots.

Glenavon 1-2 Leeds United
Mourneview Park
A better end to their tour of Northern Ireland but Leeds again had to come from behind with trialist Michael Manset (formerly of Reading) impressing before jetting off for Ipswich (gutted)

St. Mirren 2-0 Leeds United
Greenhill Road
A very professional performance from St.Mirren combined with some injuries and inexperience to the Leeds squad to produce a match which was decided by HT. Leeds will want to forget this game fast

Crawley Town 1-0 Leeds United
Broadfield Stadium
A very poor result from Leeds final pre-season game which saw an experienced core and star talent like Diouf and Lees fall to Crawley's determination and defensive tactics.
Overall not an ideal Pre-Season

Players to Watch

View attachment 353959
First Team: Steve Morison- No10 (Striker)

View attachment 353961
Youth Team: Tyler Denton- No48 (Centre Midfield)

The Season Begins...

League Cup

View attachment 356116
View attachment 356117 View attachment 356118
A performance to forget in a lackluster match for Leeds with Pearce being the stand out player for the hosts.
NPower Championship- August

View attachment 356119View attachment 356120 View attachment 356121View attachment 356122

View attachment 356123View attachment 356124

View attachment 356125

A hugely disappointing month in which Leeds not only failed to score but find themselves bottom of the league. Heading into the transfer deadline day there is much for Chris Waterman to consider. Also a review of tactics may be in order. Job already on the line?

Unfortunately my Steam has crashed recently and is not working so i am unable to make any more progress :(

Hoping this will be running again soon. Some exciting transfer news and my first win (long time coming). Hopefully my save games are safe.

Cheers