Away from home, what does this game want from me!!??

JamesGHull

Reaction score
I get that in real life, teams have a tendency to struggle away from home, and find more success with home comfort, but seriously, it's so unbelievably exaggerated in the FM series, none moreso than this years'.

Couple of examples for you:

An Arsenal save: Home WDL - 12-4-3. Away - 7-5-7

Hull save - Home - 10-3-6 Away - 0-6-13

Am I just being tactically retarded? Am I supposed to desperately try to cling on to a clean sheet away from home and hope for the best?

Depends, do you change your tactics depending on where you are? Say if you're playing as Hull away from home, for the most part you'd try to park the bus and hit them on the counter, being a weaker team. Depends on the team you're playing obviously, but I find that's the way to go. A game away from home is pretty much always going to be more difficult.

I've tried basically everything, I don't understand it at all.

I always try and go standard or lower. When I'm losing, I tend to go attacking in the final 20 and concede anywhere between 2-4 goals (but magically, this doesn't happen at home?)

And if I go standard or lower, I get absolutely destroyed all game long (e.g 40 shots to 5, no exaggeration) and lose by 1 or 2, with the (very rare) exception.

I'm in my second season with Hull now, finished 17th last season and it was so bad. Danny Graham was my main striker, I won 7 away games last season in all competitions. The home team would have about 30+ shots, and I would have about 4 or 5. It's incredibly frustrating.