shrimpercj

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the board, but not new to FM, playing southend in championship, have a pretty good squad.

My homes tactics are good using 4-4-2, but away from home i have an ***** record winning only 7 away games in just under 3 seasons, i have tried most things on the board. downloaded this read that etc etc, still have no joy.

Teamtalks are ok no one under motivated, asst man say all good, i dominate games have loads of possesion but silly things happen where the other teams score and my plans go to pot, pulling my hair out???

things that worked on 07 & 08 have no response on 09, pretty much think i have tried everything, can anyone help??

thanks guys

FM09 is actually out to get any players. Nothing works you just have to buy ridiculous players that are too good for that level and hope for the best.

FM09 is actually out to get any players. Nothing works you just have to buy ridiculous players that are too good for that level and hope for the best.

Seems that way, my squad never leaves the field with a rating under 6.4 some even on 8s, but no matter what the press the next day say, opposition strike lucky!!

maybe you can try playin 5 in the defence with counter attack

lol

Anyways, try restraining your team's mentality a little bit in away games. There is a built-in bias (relatively small but still there) in favour of the home team and as a result you need to play just a tad more cautiously - favouring either a counter-attacking approach or a possession based approach.

If you've not read it, the TT&F for this year is excellent to provide the groundwork for building tactics which work.

lol

Anyways, try restraining your team's mentality a little bit in away games. There is a built-in bias (relatively small but still there) in favour of the home team and as a result you need to play just a tad more cautiously - favouring either a counter-attacking approach or a possession based approach.

If you've not read it, the TT&F for this year is excellent to provide the groundwork for building tactics which work.

Thanks mate, where can i find the tt&f?

Try playing a deeper defensive line with a counter attack set up; depending on how you play you may want your entire defence on Ultra Defensive mentality. However, as I play down the flanks, I have my full backs with mentality of about 9. It depends on how you play. Keep experimenting and make sure you go less offensive and risky.

Yeah because that's going to help him.

I would suggest a 4-5-1, with 2 DM's and an AM.

not saying this will work but i try playing abit more direct away and although my away record is not brilliant it has improved since i started playing this way