simulacrum

Reaction score
On my previous Bayern save I always struggled away from home, and now with Arsenal it has become still worse.

It's so frustrating outplaying Man Utd 4-1 at home and then losing 2-0 away to Sunderland. I don't understand what it could possibly be, my team talks always motivate the team, my tactics so far have been a modified version of the Invincibles tactic and two spouts with JP's Germany tactic (both of which were awful, didn't pick up a single point using it, five goals against zero for).

So far this season my results are 5 wins at home, 3 losses away, zero draws.

How can my team be perfect at home and nothing away from home?

I'm either doing something wrong or fm 12 vastly overstates the difficulty of away matches.

Help please?

when you play at home you Would dominate, teams pick up on this and Drop deeper when they play you at their home, Pack the defence Hit you on the counter attack time and time again. it happens alot in fm now, Counter the counter by Droping deeper Exploit the flanks, Play a little more defencive away to encourage the other team to move to a more attacking formation,

Hopefully this helps.

going to OT is not easy , even in FM. Mu dominates possession like F*ck, and i sometimes cant bare to see it, and they score goal so easily.

my tip will be trying to go for a more defensive approach. by playing attack al the time, u sometimes get exposed, and get caught easily. i play a 4-2-3-1, but with 2 DM's. then in the second half, i deploy an attacking mentality using the same formation, (yeah attacking with 2 DMs XD). as for substitution, u put in fast players or i replace on of my DM with a ST.

Still lost

when you play at home you Would dominate, teams pick up on this and Drop deeper when they play you at their home, Pack the defence Hit you on the counter attack time and time again. it happens alot in fm now, Counter the counter by Droping deeper Exploit the flanks, Play a little more defencive away to encourage the other team to move to a more attacking formation,
Hopefully this helps.

For away game at Wigan I followed your advice (went from Attacking to Standard strategy, deepened defensive line by 4 notches, used "exploit flanks").

I Lost 2-1. Their first goal was on a counterattack where neither of my centerbacks closed down Di Santo who scored from the side-ish of my box, the second goal wasn't even from a shot, a challenge deflecting off my defender in the area. They had 4 shots on target (out of 8 attemtps), I only had five having 13 attempts.

going to OT is not easy , even in FM. Mu dominates possession like F*ck, and i sometimes cant bare to see it, and they score goal so easily. my tip will be trying to go for a more defensive approach. by playing attack al the time, u sometimes get exposed, and get caught easily. i play a 4-2-3-1, but with 2 DM's. then in the second half, i deploy an attacking mentality using the same formation, (yeah attacking with 2 DMs
rolf.gif
). as for substitution, u put in fast players or i replace on of my DM with a ST.

No no I beat Man Utd 4-1 at the Emirates, outpossessed them, outshot them (their goals was lucky) and thoroughly controlled the play. Next two matches I've lost 2-0 and 2-1 to far inferior teams (Sunderland and Wigan) because I wasn't in the Emirates.Season record is now 5 wins at home, 4 losses away. For the record I didn't spend big over the summer or unsettle my squad afaik. Bought Afellay, Vrsjalko, and Lars Bender (total cost: ~11 Million Euro) and offloaded Chamakh, Almunia, Mannone (earnings ~10 Million Euro). This makes no sense.

Hmm thats strange man. keep on going tho for changes make a new tactic from your original so its easy to change over for away games. it may take a while for it to Start working, but normaly playing slightly diffrent does the trick.