Away goals

vishal

Reaction score
After our terrible exit from Europa League, one question is haunting my mind. Its about away goals.

In the Liverpool-Atletico 2 legged tie, Liverpool gets only 90 mins to score an all important away goal while Atletico gets 120 mins for the same.

This is not fair for the team which plays away leg first.

I think away goal should not be counted if they are scores in extra time. What do u think people ?

I've never really thought about that...i guess it is slightly unfair, but and away is still an away goal, no matter when it was scored, and no matter that athletico had more time to score one...but you can't blame the system, it's liverpools fault for not getting an away goal themselves, and for not building a better lead at home...

may be unfair but i h8 liverpool so i don't mind. COME ON U BLUEs!

Liverpool shouldn't have been slacking then should they.. ;)

We paid the price. Thats true..
Thats why it made me think about this unfair system. Otherwise I agree I wouldn't have cared that much about it.

But they would also have the advantage of playing infront of a home crowd for an extra 30 minutes. So that should spur them on to win.

Its advantage for Liverpool. Atletico had only 90 mins to play at home whereas Liverpool had 120 mins. This is just a sorry excuse i tell you.

I said already that I am not telling excuses here. Home advantage is not a statistical entity which counts in the outcome in the match, but in FACT the away goal is the one.

So getting 120 mins to play at home cannot be counted as negating factor for getting 120 mins to score an away goal. Because the outcome is decided on goals, not the number of people who watched the game.

I said already that I am not telling excuses here. Home advantage is not a statistical entity which counts in the outcome in the match, but in FACT the away goal is the one.

So getting 120 mins to play at home cannot be counted as negating factor for getting 120 mins to score an away goal. Because the outcome is decided on goals, not the number of people who watched the game.

What have you been smoking, because i want some of that.

Of course playing 120 mins at home and 90 mins away is a lift. Yes, they have more time to score away goals, but you're more likely to score.

What have you been smoking, because i want some of that.

Of course playing 120 mins at home and 90 mins away is a lift. Yes, they have more time to score away goals, but you're more likely to score.

I think it wont help you because you are not getting the FACT that the only thing that matters is the Final Score and that is counted by GOALS....

Read Again !! G-O-A-L-S!!!!

You are more likely to score and H-O-M-E Goal not an A-W-A-Y goal... where the later one has more weight in the case of final tally.

got it?

But they would also have the advantage of playing infront of a home crowd for an extra 30 minutes. So that should spur them on to win.

This. ^

Vishal, this "problem" has been mentioned a ton of times on other forums. Home advantage is important, accept it.