FrankFizzle

Reaction score
My ground is currently being redeveloped for League One Football after I achieved promotion via the playoffs for St Neots Town. I've temporarily been located at a stadium with a capacity of 2,000, which due to my financial difficulties I would like to be filled at every home game. I currently averaged 1,200 for home games last season and around 1,500 for this campaign. Low gates I'm sure you'll admit!

Now here's the problem. My next home game was Peterborough United at home. Their last gate at home was 5,948 so they are well supported by League One terms. Looking at the geographical location between St Neots & Peterborough it's a mere 35 miles. One would consider it to be a localish derby. With long trips for Posh fans to Exeter, Plymouth, Leeds, York & Wrexham amongst others, surely this game would attract the maximum 2,000 due to the volume of away support.

Unfortunately, the attendance was only 1,689. I find this extremely unlikely that Peterborough wouldn't bring atleast 500 supporters. This brings me to my next point - I'm blowing money like it's going out of fashion & spending 20k out of 24k on wage budget. How can I drum up support or do I have to be patient & expect teams like Leeds to fill out the stadium when the fixture comes around?