Awesome Regista Tac, Great Results so far: tons of CC's and Clean Sheets

Josh Strong

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just recently started playing FM again, I was having a hard time winning with tactics I downloaded so I decided to try to make my own. It seems that it is working very well. I originally made it for Ajax but have found massive success with Man Utd. The Tactic is focused on possession and overall domination of the game. I wanted a tactic that was high pressing but didn't concede lots, also lots of possession but also lots of CC's. The formation is focused around the Regista, BBM, and AP. The regista provides cover for my defence while controlling the tempo of the game, the BBM joins the attack and helps retain possesion, and the AP creates tons of chances for my wide players and Advanced forward.

This is the first time posting a tactic, but I felt that I should since I was having such great success.

Note: I have only used this for about 2/3s of a season. In my first season I have achieved the Park the Tank achievement, and also have scored the most goals in the league. In a game against Liverpool I had 8 CC's and they had 0. I have linked all my best matches as well as the league table and my tactic with instructions.

I use my assistant for opposition instructions. If you have any questions or want me to post something please ask.

View attachment 365303 View attachment 365302 View attachment 365301

View attachment 365300 View attachment 365299 View attachment 365298 View attachment 365297

View attachment 365002

The link wasn't working earlier, this one should be working now.
Update: Won all trophies except FA Cup my first season.

Last edited:
Seems like this is a tactic that suits my plans for Atalanta so I will give it a go aswell :)

Awesome, tell me how it goes. I have updated the tactic as I put the wrong one in originally.

I usually only change shouts. I use retain possesion/lower tempo when I want to hold a lead. I rarely change mentality and never change fluidity. I only use shouts. I also use be more expressive if i need to break teams down.

Preseason I do all tactics Very High until about 1 or 2 weeks before season starts, then I switch to fitness until season starts. I only give rest after the match. During the season I put it to balanced average intensity and put the slider in the middle. During the season if we have lots of fixtures I will give my players a rest from training for 2-3 days per week depending on how many fixtures we have. For individual training I just train the specific role that the player plays.

I haven't really used many others, sometime I will use exploit the flanks or middle, depending on the opposing team's formation. Usually if I know the other team is playing defensive then I will lower the tempo and be more expressive. This way I can control possession and still make chances without being hit on the counter attack. Other than that I usually just go into the match with the shouts that are active by default and it works most of the time.