Awful Assistant Reports of Youth Trialists

think it was the same in fm13 thats why i use genie scout just for my youth intakes

Why is my assistant (With 18 Judging ability and 20 judging potential) rating my youth trialists so poorly, but when I sign them to a contract it shoots up?

For example, in my first season he rated this guy (See below) as just a half star potential. I thought he looked pretty good, so I signed him up anyway. He then shot up to 5 star, and has just made his debut (In my 2nd season now). He also said a regen GK was ****, but when I signed him he went up to 3 and a half stars.
View attachment 423058

Makes me wonder what players people have missed out on after letting them go because their assistant told them they weren't good enough?

this was supposed to be fixed in FM13... this bug would completely destroy my saves oO)

have you reported this to SI?

If you want to. If they ask for the save game I can give them it, although I doubt they will as it has already been a year in game since it happened.

Posted. Might as see what they say.

The assistant rates the players as to how they will progress in the future, at that club, at that level of football. So low reports for players in low leagues doesn't mean that the players are bad, it means that the league and club facilities are bad.

Yeah, but if you're scouting in the South Korean league, the standards and facilities are poor and your scout will rate those players worse. You yourself said that when they came to you, they were considered better by the scouts.

Thats why I made this thread, it shouldn't be like that. It isn't my assistant's fault, because as I have said he has 20 judging potential

Not sure why the Newcastle chap is arguing with you. It's clearly a glitch in the game. I guess in real life there are players who "slip through the net" so to speak but it just seems very frustrating.

anybody else can confirm this bug?

I'm not playing any FM atm as I'm waiting for next ME patch (I was winning games and leagues, just hated current ME and ctactics), but if this bug is still here I think I'm done for 2013-14...

anybody else can confirm this bug?

I'm not playing any FM atm as I'm waiting for next ME patch (I was winning games and leagues, just hated current ME and ctactics), but if this bug is still here I think I'm done for 2013-14...

My issue is I have had a reliance on my assistant's opinion and not looked at each player in depth. I am sure many people have done the same as me, so we've all probably seen the occasional player evade capture! (Sound like I am talking about Pokemon)

My issue is I have had a reliance on my assistant's opinion and not looked at each player in depth. I am sure many people have done the same as me, so we've all probably seen the occasional player evade capture! (Sound like I am talking about Pokemon)

only played one full season and my youth intake was full of 0.5 stars players though I thought it was normal... since I'm doing the san marino challenge evaluating youth intake is 'quite' an important part of the game for me... dont want to sign EVERY youth candidate EVERY year just to be sure I don't miss decent players... very frustrating

I have the same problem ..maybe some1 can help us .

I have the same problem ..maybe some1 can help us .

only SI can help us. Could you please report this issue on their forum? I would but dont have any proof or experience of this bug.