Duzzy

Reaction score
I've noticed with nearly every team how the team can't keep a clean sheet. For instance I'm Chelsea and I'm winning like 2-0 but for some stupid reason my team would concede. I still end up winning the match most times but it gets annoying when I can't keep clean sheets. I've tried playing with the defence pushing up and with offside traps on and press more and all that happened is I ended up getting a lobbed ball over the defence. I've tried defence playing a bit deeper with no offside trap and with press more. Again I score 3+ goals against poor teams but I still concede. Also the goals I concede tend to be placed shots. I have cech in goal and he can't save a shot from outside the box.

Any help on how to sort this problem or is it just Match Engine being broke. This is on the latest patch.

"I've tried defence playing a bit deeper with no offside trap and with press more" This could be a bad idea, with a deep defensive line and pressing by your forward players, big gaps are probably created in your midfield wich your opponents can exploit.

"I've tried playing with the defence pushing up and with offside traps on" This form of defense is a delicate art and can easily backfire (think Arsenal 5 Chelsea 3 last year with AVB's high line using John Terry(slow, can't recover) and David Luiz(liability)).

For Chelsea, i'm guessing you play a three man midfield, so a simple but effective defence set up could be just to leave your line and width settings unchanged from default (you can untick the box to reset it), while you could still play with Pressing and maybe even offside trap (probably best to test this, best done in pre-season).

Hope I might have helped.

you need to check more in detail of how your team is conceding? For example are your defenders getting dragged out of position leaving gaps which your opponents are exploiting. That's the problem with my tactic and i'm adjusting the personal instructions to stop this.