AZ Alkmaar Team and Eredivisie Guide Request

I can't help too much with AZ the club. But I'd be happy to answer any questions about the Eredivisie you might have.

You should also contact the user Kwarkzak. He knows quite a lot about the league

Last edited:
Well, I follow the league daily and actually help making a db (Like the LFCMarshall one) for the dutch part. So yea what would you like to know?

In short, present day the dutch eredivisie is considered a breeding pool for talented youngsters. Lots of the transfers are from a dutch top team (ajax, feyenoord, psv, az, etc) to mid table teams in germany, england. And the bigger talents of course the bigger the clubs. A lot of teams have partnerships with dutch teams to let young talents grow in the eredivisie eg. Chelsea -> Vitesse. (Piazon)

Eg. Bas Dost to Wolfsburg, Luuk de Jong to Gladbach (now on loan to newcastle), Bony to Swansea, Eriksen to Spurs and, Van Persie to Arsenal (rather old but still a great example).

AZ is a mid-table team, subtop at its highest at the beginning of the save. Brought in a lot of Icelandic/Scandinavian players. And is a rather young team. Contender for the domestical cup and a spot to win a ticket for the EL. If you want to manage AZ as in real life, your goal should be to find great icelandic/scandinavian talents / players to train and then eventually sell them with profit. And ofcourse dutch talents (maher being a great example of a great az talent) You could aim for a championship in the 2nd or 3rd season.

AZ have a decent striker in Johannsson and great wingers with Beerens, Berghuis and Gudmundsson. Midfield is pretty good too even after maher leaving to psv. With Ortiz and Henriksen as the playmakers and Elm and Gudelj as your box to box midfielders. as said defence being weakest with the main reason being the backs. While Johansson is enough for now, your left back position is critical you will need to get a Leftback asap. In the center the young Gouweleeuw and Viergever are good and still young. Overal they have a young team that if kept together could aim higher. Bring in some good subs and you are in for a breeze.

Overall a fun and challenging team to manage. If you have more questions just ask. Soory for the wall of text tho :)

Well, I follow the league daily and actually help making a db (Like the LFCMarshall one) for the dutch part. So yea what would you like to know?

In short, present day the dutch eredivisie is considered a breeding pool for talented youngsters. Lots of the transfers are from a dutch top team (ajax, feyenoord, psv, az, etc) to mid table teams in germany, england. And the bigger talents of course the bigger the clubs. A lot of teams have partnerships with dutch teams to let young talents grow in the eredivisie eg. Chelsea -> Vitesse. (Piazon)

Eg. Bas Dost to Wolfsburg, Luuk de Jong to Gladbach (now on loan to newcastle), Bony to Swansea, Eriksen to Spurs and, Van Persie to Arsenal (rather old but still a great example).

AZ is a mid-table team, subtop at its highest at the beginning of the save. Brought in a lot of Icelandic/Scandinavian players. And is a rather young team. Contender for the domestical cup and a spot to win a ticket for the EL. If you want to manage AZ as in real life, your goal should be to find great icelandic/scandinavian talents / players to train and then eventually sell them with profit. And ofcourse dutch talents (maher being a great example of a great az talent) You could aim for a championship in the 2nd or 3rd season.

AZ have a decent striker in Johannsson and great wingers with Beerens, Berghuis and Gudmundsson. Midfield is pretty good too even after maher leaving to psv. With Ortiz and Henriksen as the playmakers and Elm and Gudelj as your box to box midfielders. as said defence being weakest with the main reason being the backs. While Johansson is enough for now, your left back position is critical you will need to get a Leftback asap. In the center the young Gouweleeuw and Viergever are good and still young. Overal they have a young team that if kept together could aim higher. Bring in some good subs and you are in for a breeze.

Overall a fun and challenging team to manage. If you have more questions just ask. Soory for the wall of text tho :)

Sorry for late reply but thanks for the recommendations, added one or two players to my shortlist but i have decided to start the pentagon challenge, never managed to quite finish before. Currently managing African Sports in Ivory Coast, second season and about to start my champions league campaign.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk