Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
So, is there any1 out there who has managed a B team...like barca B or castilla or villareal B....what happens if u r top of the division at the end of the season..obviously u dont get promoted ..but whats next ?? how enjoyable is the save ?/ anyone out there who is willing to share their experience . ?

Reaction score
I dont believe you can get promoted in that circumstance. You'll just stay in that division the next year, I don't really think those teams are meant to be played. There's usually an editor rule in place that B/reserve teams cannot play in the same division as their parent teams.

Reaction score
As both of you said, you can't get promoted unless the club you are a B-team to get relegated (Similarly, if the 1st team get relegated, if the B team didn't win promotion then they will also be relegated another division (Like Villareal in real life!))

You simply stay in the division, and although it is a tough challenge (As all your good players will be taken into the 1st team squad) it is also very boring, as you cannot really achieve that much...

Reaction score
Playing with B teams is kind of... well challenging, but annoyingly stupid.

In one save I started unemployed, got offered to manage Espanyol B. Everything went really well in the first season, we were favourites to drop, but I manage to finish 5th.
The manager of the 1st team was a douchebag and wouldn't let me sign average players to fill in the squad as i only have around 15 players and ALL the good players I had were taken to play into the 1st team, which was a shame.

You are basically managing a team in which you don't really have much control of anything, pretty much just tactics.

2nd season I got sacked halfway through the season while at 17th place with a crappy 15 squad Espanyol B team. Good luck to the next manager in line (He got sacked pretty quickly...)

Anyways, I got sacked, then I managed CD Ourense, which was better.