Babel charged over Twitter posts

Its in my contract taht i have to use facebook/social networks responsibility.

If i was to insult someone in my profession via social networking i would get disciplined - so this seems fair to me

Not really childish, it is banter. After all he did say, "My apology if they take my posted pic seriously."[ I believe it what was said in the Guardian]. Cant believe theyre taking action on an existing joke.
its not just banter, you should read the fine print in social networks for one (Triv's post explains it better) and two: he isnt just some fan, he is a professional footballer, and whether he likes it or not, the rules are differenct for him when he calls a ref's integrity into question. When managers questions the refs like that they often get fined, there is no difference. It might be very heavy handed from the FA, but Babel was very stupid, especially if he thought there wouldnt be consequences.

There is this notion that you can have any opinion and nt get into trouble, doesnt work that way. If you were to start questioning your bosses integrity at work on your facebook or twitter, you will soon find your P45 in the post

He shouldn't have done it but oh well was still funny

Babel just earnt himself a little respect at anfield. fiar play the lad. now get the **** of twitter and show kenny your good enough for the team

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

its not just banter, you should read the fine print in social networks for one (Triv's post explains it better) and two: he isnt just some fan, he is a professional footballer, and whether he likes it or not, the rules are differenct for him when he calls a ref's integrity into question. When managers questions the refs like that they often get fined, there is no difference. It might be very heavy handed from the FA, but Babel was very stupid, especially if he thought there wouldnt be consequences.

There is this notion that you can have any opinion and nt get into trouble, doesnt work that way. If you were to start questioning your bosses integrity at work on your facebook or twitter, you will soon find your P45 in the post

the only person who can challenge a refs integrity is fergie after a defeat. we all know that.

Bit stupid from Babel really, kind of a pointless action. Still it's not like he can't afford the fine.

Well done FA, you can even be more ridiculous than here in Portugal (in this specific case)

Babel just earnt himself a little respect at anfield. fiar play the lad. now get the **** of twitter and show kenny your good enough for the team

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

the only person who can challenge a refs integrity is fergie after a defeat. we all know that.
SAF has more fines than any manager. so stick to the topic instead of throwing out baseless points

In the words of Ian Holloway 'The people in charge of the game are wrong'.

Ryan Babbels needs to get the **** off twitter.

It's his Twitter, he can do whatever he wants.

Last edited:
And you need to get the **** off base :)

Honestly, It's his Twitter, he can do whatever he wants.
No he can't. Well he can, but he must face the consequences. There are obviously rules that you have to follow to be able to play or manage in a FA competition. Not to say I agree with them, but rules are rules. I'm guessing one of these rules is that you're not allowed to slag off referees. He needs to be proffesional. Just like Managers have to watch their tongue when they speak on referees, so do players.

Regardless of this incident, he's like a leak in the Liverpool dressing room, I wouldn't be happy if I was a Liverpool player knowing that anything I do in the dressing room is gonna be all over Ryan Babbel's twitter. Its annoying.

No he can't. Well he can, but he must face the consequences. There are obviously rules that you have to follow to be able to play or manage in a FA competition. Not to say I agree with them, but rules are rules. I'm guessing one of these rules is that you're not allowed to slag off referees. He needs to be proffesional. Just like Managers have to watch their tongue when they speak on referees, so do players.

Regardless of this incident, he's like a leak in the Liverpool dressing room, I wouldn't be happy if I was a Liverpool player knowing that anything I do in the dressing room is gonna be all over Ryan Babbel's twitter. Its annoying.

Lol but hes never said anything about his teammates other than good stuff and the only time he said anything about the club was when Rafa didnt put him in the squad 1 time, So you cant say hes a leak in the team. He didnt even tell us on Saturday that Hodgson had been sacked until the press release was out and he never told us about Johnsons wife going into labour until Johnson himself mentioned it so..... The issue here is that Ryan is in the public eye so cannot be seen to be disrespecting those in positions of authority despite him being allowed his own opinon.

Why have the FA wasted their time on this - they could be working out why we didn't get the World Cup. ****** waste of time IMO

Honestly, It's his Twitter, he can do whatever he wants.
He should be able to. But with his twitter being public, the FA were always going to act on it, even if it was to act as a deterrent to other players.

Lol but hes never said anything about his teammates other than good stuff and the only time he said anything about the club was when Rafa didnt put him in the squad 1 time, So you cant say hes a leak in the team. He didnt even tell us on Saturday that Hodgson had been sacked until the press release was out and he never told us about Johnsons wife going into labour until Johnson himself mentioned it so..... The issue here is that Ryan is in the public eye so cannot be seen to be disrespecting those in positions of authority despite him being allowed his own opinon.
Ok maybe I should have said there's a chance if you do anything in the dressing room it will end up on Babel's twitter. To me, he's just way too free with releasing information to do with the internal affairs at Liverpool. Its a good thing for us the fans but its poor proffesionalism on his part.

Everyone saying this is ridicilous in a way yes it is, and the quote its his twitter he can do what he wants is wrong. Your saying he can then say haha Jamie Mackie broke his leg, Or Im going to blow someone up - like one guy did and received a 3k fine & a criminal record.

So NO he can;t post what he want's just because it's his. Thats like saying it's his car he can crash it if he want's he can speed and park where he wants.

If it was a manager doing it publicly on camera they would be fined, So I don't see why he should be any different. Hes a role model and professional at work. He gets paid to play football not post criticism on twitter, Im sure if he post's something about kenny dalgleish on twitter he would not be played.

It was a funny action, but I think he was regretting it already when posted it.