UTVsotc

Reaction score
Playing as Aston Villa half way into 1st season sitting 6th . With Dunne and king Carlos ageing , Collins not good enough and Davis as backup think complete overhaul of my back line is required in the summer. Been looking at targets and iv just found Mexes avalible on a free. Hes 28 looks good stat wise but iv offered him a contract and hes agreed to come on 90,000 a week. Would you see this as a good signing or are the better targets for cheaper i should be looking at?

Sell Collins and Davies.
Dunne and Cuellar should be good for the next season or two.
Leonel Galeano is a very good youth option.

Sebastian Coates (sp) is a good choice, I believe he can play CB and either right or left back.
Mario Fernandes - Although it's hard to get him for cheap (10m+) he has great stats though for his age.
Rafael Toloil (sp) Is another good choice.

Good player , probably your best centre back. But you was unsure about using Dunne and Cuellar , and then went and bought Mexes who is also getting on?
He'll be a good player but not for very much longer I wouldnt think.
Try and get people like Leonel Galeano and David Luiz

Rafael Toloi is fantastic, snap him up for as less as 1 mill

yeh was thinking of getting a young up and comming centre back like phil jones or Galeano and slowley bringing him though learning of mexes think he looks good just put off by 90,000 a week as A young and Gervino will both rise to 90,000 as they are on match highest earner

Mexes is well worth it. He'll be quality for another four years, one of the best CBs in the game.

You aint gna get many signings better than mexes but if you still want someone to go with him then look at people like cahill, shawcross or douglas