Status
Not open for further replies.

nulp

Reaction score
I have used the 10.3.2 database, but added the Insua and Joe Cole transfers. :)

June 3 - BREAKING NEWS Liverpool have agreed a fee with manager Rafael Benitez to let him leave the club by mutual termination, it is thought if he does go Kenny Dalglish will be put incharge, but other possibilities for the new managerial role could go to Roy Hodgson, Martin O'Neill, Mark Hughes, or Ian Rush.

July 1 - BREAKING NEWS Liverpool have appointed Roy Hodgson as the new Liverpool manager after agreeing a contract with him, and agreeing a compensation package with his club Fulham. The Liverpool fans are delighted by this, this is what a couple of them from the streets of Liverpool had to say after we (CNN;)) told them the news - "Fantastic, 20 years of hurt will end next May" , "Am I dreaming? Were gonna win the quadruple and do another double over United!". It is thought Roy's first signing will be Zoltan Gera for a fee of around £5,000,000

July 7 - BREAKING NEWS After only a week incharge at Liverpool, Roy Hodgson has done a u-turn and has called it a day with football. Around 20 minutes after this was confirmed, an unknown man walked out of Anfield with a beaming smile on his face, Liverpool supporters are hoping it's a new owner other than a new manager.

July 8 - BREAKING NEWS Liverpool appoint an unknown man as manager of the club. Paul Gough has agreed a two-year contract with the club and will immediately start with daily managerial tasks. Liverpool supporters are reportedly angry with this new appointement. The only people who are delighted with this are the owners and the man himself. On the same day Joe Cole joins the club on a free from Chelsea, which is some consolation for the supporters of the club with a great history. It is thought Gough' budget is between the region of £5-7,000,000, which isn't a very big budget. "I am here to bring success back to the club even with a small budget, first I would like to welcome Joe to the club along with Milan and Jonjo, and secondly I would atleast want to bring Champions League football back and a piece of silverware even if it is the Carling Cup. I am delighted to be hired in this job, it really is a dream come true for me and I want to make the most of it by enjoying my time incharge here and hopefully the fans believe that an unkown man can bring the glory days back"

Last edited:
Nice stat mate. Being a Liverpool supporter im deffo following along!

Nice stat mate. Being a Liverpool supporter im deffo following along!

Cheers:D

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

PRE-SEASON

Gough was given a transfer budget of £6,000,000 to buy a backup player, Liverpool look like they needed a left-back, they made bids for Criscito and Stephen Warnock, both rejected. During the course of pre-season it was discovered that Liverpool didn't need to splash the cash, as Daniel Agger made a good left-back in the matches.

MATCH RESULTS (no screenshots for pre-season, too much time just for friendlies)
Liverpool 3-0 Liverpool Reserves (Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt)
Liverpool 3-0 Carlisle United (Gerrard, Skrtel, Maxi)
Liverpool 5-0 Dunfermline (Babel, Maxi, Agger, Carragher, Degen)
Liverpool 6-1 Norwich City (Torres 3, Kuyt 2, Pacheco)
Liverpool 3-0 Southampton (Maxi, Agger, Riera)
Liverpool 4-0 Charlton Athletic (Torres 2, Kuyt, Babel)
Liverpool 4-0 Standard Liege (Maxi, Riera 3)
All games were away from home.

Overall, a good pre-season with convincing victories all around. Defence looking solid with just the one goal conceded (..but the scorer was Lee Trundle:$). I hoped we could carry on the form into the opening game at home to Wigan and then into the season:D

August update coming, but not right now:)

Looks good mate....

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

AUGUST

Liverpool opened up the season with a home game against Wigan, the fans were looking forward to see Joe Cole and Milan Jovanovic make their Anfield debuts

Liverpool 5 Wigan Athletic 0
ilbzap.jpg

Well that was good. A shaky start with Wigan getting a chance or two but we soon settled and Steven Gerrard put us infront, 8 minutes later it was all about how much we were going to get as TGerrard bagged a fourth, and his second in eight minutes. Steven Gerrard then completed his hatrick in the second half. A great performance all around and a great start. MOM - Steven Gerrard (9.0)

The UEFA Europa League draw saw us face Scottish outfit Motherwell a battle of Britain, Aston Villa also faced Scottish opposition in Hibernian.

Liverpool 6 (Six) Motherwell 0
a4rfxf.jpg

(Kit fail and Riera scored number six on 63 minutes). Motherwell would now need a miracle to cause a big shock as we put on an equally good display to the last match against Wigan. I wasn't expecting this start to be this good at all. MOM - Dirk Kuyt (8.8)

Liverpool 0 Fulham 0
9kt4kz.jpg

Very disappointing here. Maybe we were over-confident after two thrashings, but the bottom line is we couldn't break them down and only got a point. It's early days though. MOM - Joe Cole (7.9)

Europa League
Motherwell 1 Liverpool 1 (Liverpool win 7-1 on aggregate)
5xsin4.jpg

Rested most of my first team except for a couple of players (including Kuyt as you see), but it still wasn't the most convincing performance I've seen. MOM - Sotiris Kyrgiakos (8.0)

The Europa League Group Stage saw us draw Paris Saint Germain, Frankfurt and Rapid Wien.

Aston Villa 0 Liverpool 2
214cjue.jpg

It just took us 13 seconds to break down Villa's defence. From then we dominated, but Steven Gerrard conceded a silly penalty. Reina saved it and Torres scored a dubious goal on the break, a good performance and a great result. MOM - Dirk Kuyt (8.2)

I have no August table:S But we were 3 points behind leaders Arsenal with a game in hand away at Old Trafford. September update will be coming maybe tomorrow.

Hmmm, Might aswell follow after that draw to Fulham! oj :'(

SEPTEMBER

Player of the Month for August - Steven Gerrard

Now onto the games:)

First up, the game every Liverpool supporter looks forward to the most (or second most), Manchester United away. Gough's men knew a win would put them top but it wasn't going to be easy, but the players were well up for it.

Manchester United 0 Liverpool 1
xd8c3p.jpg

Excellent win away to the champions. The fans are buzzing after this, and so are the team. It wasn't the best game you'd ever seen but it was high-tempered and a few efforts from 40-yards for both teams nearly found the net. The only clear-cut chance of the game fell to Torres with 18 minutes remaining, as he slotted past VDS one on one. Wes Brown's injury meant in the end we got to 100 minutes but we held on to get a big three points! MOM - Fernando Torres (8.2)

64468_news.jpg

Fernando Torres celebrates the winner 18 minutes from time

alexfergusonR_468x298.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson moans at officials as he thought the goal was offside

Moving on..

Liverpool 1 Newcastle United 0
2mewrco.jpg

Wasn't a very good performance considering Newcastle were bottom going into this game, but I guess it's the three points which counts! MOM - Fernando Torres (8.0)

EUROPA LEAGUE
I'd certainly like to win this competition.

Rapid Wien 1 Liverpool 3
260fjom.jpg

Very good first half, took the foot off the pedal in the second half but once again it's the three points in the bag! Also, Hoffman's goal was a brilliant free-kick, 30-yards, he only quickly took it (like Figueroa), but put an amazing amount of curl onto it giving Reina no chance. MOM - Fernando Torres (8.4)

CARLING CUP
I'd like to get far in this competition.

Liverpool 3 Blackburn Rovers 1 (AET)
239or7.jpg

We played without Torres or Gerrard for the 90 minutes, and they certainly made an impact. Another plus is Milan Jovanovic getting his first goal, but here we conceded our first domestic goal. MOM - Milan Jovanovic (8.2)

Now back to the Premiership..

Tottenham Hotspur 1 Liverpool 1
2yyz90w.jpg

Was first versus second here, with us being second. I would have wanted a win of course, but both team's played quite poorly and got a point. Our first Premiership goal conceded and another goal for Torres, who is now out for two weeks unfortunately, thank goodness for the international break in two weeks. MOM - Fernando Torres (8.2)

TRANSFER NEWS
Liverpool have announced that 16-year old Amine will join the club in January from Sporting for a fee of around £2,700,000. Our scouts tipped him to be as good as Fernando Torres eventually, which sounds quite promising. I will certainly look to loan him out to lower league clubs for a season or two.
2mh01g.jpg

End of September table
6i79sk.jpg

Overall, quite a good month as far as results are concerned. Performances are still building up but were putting results together and our defence is looking strong.

Haven't played any October yet, so could be a while until next update:D

Fantastic layout mate, keep it up!

See your doing a story about a poor team like me...

Haha just kidding Joe good luck with this doing well;)

Thanks all :)

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I said it would be a while but I've managed to fit it in..
OCTOBER

SEPTEMBER AWARDS
A good month as far as awards are concerned;), I somehow lost the screenshots but I was runner-up in Manager of the Month, and Gerrard was third in player of the month.

With Fernando Torres out, people were hinting that Liverpool wouldn't win their games against Frankfurt and West Ham. Losing El Nino was never going to be easy, but I was confident we could pick up 3 points in both games even if we did win by a scrappy goal:)

Liverpool 1 Frankfurt 0
2l8jamr.jpg

Another win by just one goal, people may think were boring, but we don't care! I was happy by the amount of chances we created, but the clear cut ones would have been buried by the absent Torres. Maxi managed his first Liverpool goal with a smart finish but Joe Cole is ruled out for 4 weeks. MOM - Javier Mascherano (8.6)

Liverpool are yet to record a win over a London side during the season, we hope it'll end against West Ham:)

Liverpool 2 West Ham United 1
264rs6p.jpg

The first half was a shambles! We got away with a disallowed goal which was onside, but as justice 1 minute later West Ham got a controversial penalty and Carlton Cole netted from the spot. Second half was much better, with Agger scoring a blinder from 30-yards. MOM - Daniel Agger (8.4)

15x8ho8.jpg

Daniel Agger showing his muscles after bagging the winner

International Break

Liverpool 1 Bolton Wanderers 0
160rmyw.jpg

Another 1 goal victory, but as long as we get the points it's okay! The performance was actually pretty good with Torres back to fitness and Riera looks a better pick than the injured Joe Cole. If it wasn't for Jaaskelainen in the Bolton goal we could have had 5 or 6. MOM - Fernando Torres (8.2)

Liverpool's next Europa League game saw them travel to the French capital to face Paris Saint-Germain, the biggest European challenge Liverpool have had yet this season.

Paris Saint-Germain 2 Liverpool 3
ohs4k8.jpg

A very entertaining game here. We started off shakily but eventually picked up the pace with Gerrard and Torres scoring stunning goals from outside the area! Kuyt had a poor game in all fairness, he missed the penalty, hit the bar from about a yard out, and missed a lot of other chances. If I had picked Maxi over him our goal difference could be much better! Also, Gerrard was booked for the third time meaning he will miss the return in November, better now than later though! MOM - Javier Mascherano (8.3)

anlt3d.jpg

Ludovic Giuly celebrates after opening the scoring

Europa League table
r9qv68.jpg

Catchphrase (not very good haha) (apologise for big picture)
merseyside.gif
images

Merseyside derby of course:) A big game at Goodison Park for the fans of both sides, as the pride of Merseyside is up for grabs. Hopefully it'll be the red of Liverpool:D

Everton 2 Liverpool 2
2en963l.jpg

We used to get good results with unconvincing performances, but now it's a bad result (or average;)) with a good performance. IMO Bilyaletdinov (?) should have had the second goal for Everton, it just hit Yakubu. The bright side from this is of course the good performance and Maxi's impact from coming on to rescue the game in added time:D. MOM - Fernando Torres (8.2)

CARLING CUP
Liverpool travel to Sunderland in Round 4, Gough names a strong line-up.

Sunderland 2 Liverpool 2 (Sunderland win 3-1 on penalties)
nz3vyc.jpg

That hurt. We were cruising at 2-0 to I took Torres and Gerrard off, and literally straight after the subs Cattermole scores, and then Sunderland score two minutes later. Penalties were painful to watch as Milan, Dirk, and Ryan didn't even hit the target with Reina saving Richardson's penalty. MOM - Fernando Torres (8.5)

End of October table
13z0dig.jpg

Overall a good month apart from the Carling Cup exit:)

I'll be following, looks good so far. Like the Ferige Moaning at the Officials bit :)

Good luck

NOVEMBER

Takeover completed!
2uzpbgh.jpg
:)

OCTOBER AWARDS
Quite a few, good to see Pacheco doing well at Forest:) Also Torres vs Everton and Agger vs West Ham got into goal of the month<)
2qw0ff4.jpg
oiyhp0.jpg
egqxvq.jpg

Now to the games..

Liverpool 2 Manchester City 1
wtiqtk.jpg

Didn't deserve even a point out of this but Reina made sure we got all three. A great result. MOM - Fernando Torres (8.0)

Europa League
Liverpool 2 Paris Saint-Germain 1
2wbwdci.jpg

Yet another one goal victory but atleast we are into the next stage after winning four games out of four. Alberto Aquilani's goal was a stunner and it's good for him to finally get a goal in a Liverpool shirt. MOM - Fernando Torres (8.6)

Title showdown at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1
mrs9ap.jpg

That was undeserved aswell, we played poorly but I don't care because of Gerrard! Di Santo scored after about 25 seconds, and Gerrard scored about 25 seconds from time. Jovanovic had just missed a superb chance on 91 minutes, but Gerrard broke free and blasted past Cech!:D MOM - Steven Gerrard (7.1)

Steven-Gerrard-001.jpg

Chelsea fans abused Gerrard all game, but he has the last laugh as he celebrates infront of the Chelsea support

INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Liverpool 3 Birmingham City 0
2wok2ac.jpg

For once, a win by more than just the one goal. The first half was very frustrating until Joe Cole got a chance to score his first goal in the red of Liverpool, and he did it. Skrtel should claim the second goal and Maxi's third goal was well taken. MOM - Daniel Agger (8.2)

Wolves 1 Liverpool 6 (Six)
m951g3.jpg

That was a great performance, and that was our game in hand! We are hitting form now as this has proved, even Jovanovic scored it was so good! MOM - Dirk Kuyt (9.4)

Sunderland 0 Liverpool 3
jtarzm.jpg

We are looking unbeatable at the moment. Sunderland were 4th before the game, because of this thrashing they are now 7th. Torres wasn't at his best, but we still managed a comfortable win and a good performance! MOM - Martin Skrtel (8.2)

End of November table
1fjo9c.jpg

Still unbeaten, well on form, and 7 points clear. Looking very strong.

Overall, a very good month. 12 goals in three games, a point against Chelsea, and qualification in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.