Back With A Bang !! - A Bolton Wanderers Story.

Pugman

Reaction score
Owen Coyle has Resigned!!

PA-8192086.jpg

The former Bolton player has resigned from the Manager's position at Bolton Wanderers FC. Coyle had only been at Bolton for 6 months before deciding to resign as manager. The reason he resigned was that he was unhappy with the lack of funds to work with. Owen Coyle joined Bolton as manager on the 8th January 2010 and saved the club from relegation, he was popular with the fans at Bolton and they were shocked with his resignation. This is what a couple of fans had to say about it:

Fan 1: "When I first heard the news, I was shocked. I was really pleased with the way the team was playing and the players he had brought in, cosidering the amount of money he had."

Fan 2: "I was suprised when I heard it on TalkSPORT, I was very pleased we appointed him in January and I thought he would be the man to take this club forward. I just hope the man the chairman appoints is the right one."

Owen Coyle made a total of 54 appearances for Bolton Wanderers back in 1993 - 1995 and scored a total 12 goals in the two seasons. Despite being born in Scotland, Coyle was never picked for his country of birth. Because of his Irish ancestry, he was eligible to play for the Irish national team, and when he was offered a place in the squad, he accepted but only ever made 1 cap for his team.

Coyle's Possible Replacements

William-Hill-Review.gif

Alan Curbishley 5/2
John Toshack 6/1
Martin Jol 8/1
Sven Goran Erikkson 13/1
Giofranco Zola 15/1
Sandy Stewart 20/1

33849_news.jpg

Jay - Jay Okocha Returns !!
Today, Bolton Wanderers FC announced the appointment of Jay - Jay Okocha to take on the role of manager. The fans have reacted well with this appointment and think that he will bring an attractive style of football to the team and hopefully take Bolton Wanderers to Europe. The chairman of Bolton Wanderers Phil Gartside was pleased that he managed to secure JJ as manager.

161927-1.jpg

Okocha was a massive success at Bolton with the fans. He brang flair, passion and determination to the side and was named captain during his time at Bolton. This is what JJ Okocha had to say about being appointed manager of Bolton Wanderers FC.

Sky Sports: "How does it feel to be back at the Reebok Stadium?"

JJ Okocha: "It feels great you know. Its such a massive club and to be managing Bolton is just something special."

BBC: "Have you spoken to the chairman about transfer funds?"

JJ Okocha: "Yes. He has told me that I will be given a transfer budget of £500,000, but Peter has told me that if I succeed with Bolton there will be further funds available."

ESPN: "Will you be keeping Sandy Stewart as your assistant manager?"

JJ Okocha: "Erm No. I would like to bring in someone who I know personally and that is Steve Clarke."

TalkSPORT: "Are you aware of the players that are key to your team?"

JJ Okocha: "Yes, players like Kevin Davies, Gary Cahill and Jussi are the players that I certainly need to keep around."

That concludes the conference.