leeumoconnor69

Arsenal 3 - 0 Scum
Reaction score
A few people have asked me to make them backrounds for their teams for Football Manager.

After this guide you should be able to do it yourself very easily.

It's not complicated atall so here it is step by step.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 - Decide whether you want to use a ready made picture, or if you are going to make your own. In this step by step guide i will be using a picture i have found on the internet for Real Madrid. Wheter you want to use a squad photo, stadium picture or just team wallpaper is really up to you. I will be using a wallpaper.

Step 2 - Save the picture you've chosen into Documents/SportsInteractive/Footballmanager09/Graphics/Backrounds

picture.php

To make it easier for you save your picutre as the clubs unique ID. To find out the ID open your Fm Game and click Options/Preferences/DisplayAndSound/Then make sure you tick "show unique IDs"

picture.php

The number will appear underneath the clubs name.

picture.php

Step 3 - Now save the attached configeration file to this thread into the Backround folder. You can find the attached file at the bottom of this thread.

It would look something like this.

picture.php

Change the parts that have "***" to the clubs unique ID.

picture.php

Save that file

Step 4 - Close your Fm game if you havent done so already and then re open the game. It should now be done =]

picture.php

If you ever want to make others, just copy and paste the line of the config file below it, and then just change the ID to the required ones.

Thanks alot very useful.

[Uploads a picture of a Rangers fan ******* on a celtic top :)]

Seem to have a little problem what one would be the unique id of the club do you click on the squad page or another page?

Last edited:
Thanks alot very useful.

[Uploads a picture of a Rangers fan ******* on a celtic top :)]

Seem to have a little problem what one would be the unique id of the club do you click on the squad page or another page?

aha, do as you like.

ye sorry i didn't see that, yep its the one underneath the squad, alternativly you can load up editor, and it will tell you the unique id there.

hmm I added it didnt seem to work Unqiue ID was 686 and I replaced both the *** yet nothing.

um not sure whats wrong then, ive tested this by sending it to friends before uploading should work fine.

What Editor the downloaded Editor or the ingame editor [Via Steam]

i tryed 2 make a man utd background using this guide i done excatly what it said and it wouldnt work any ideas

i really don't see how its not working for some of you, it is really easy, showed my friends in person how to do it, done simple

i done excatly what u sed

where do u put the config

in the folder with the pics, sorry if it doesnt work for you mate, i really have nothing to say, i don't know why it wont work for you

is man utd i.d. number 680?

mine doesn't work either.

do the pictures have to be a certain size? and does the folder have to be called Backrounds or can it be called Backgrounds? That might sound a bit retarded but I can't think of anything else that might be wrong.

Thanks for the help Lee, just one question, I have found some great stadium pics but when I add them to the game they are distorted, do they need to be a certain size and do you know if it is possible to change there size??

Thanks again.

Thanks for the help Lee, just one question, I have found some great stadium pics but when I add them to the game they are distorted, do they need to be a certain size and do you know if it is possible to change there size??

Thanks again.
ye im with u on this 1 lagarr easy enuf to get pics but they r really distorted like u said an they look **** n e ideas???!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

i really don't see how its not working for some of you, it is really easy, showed my friends in person how to do it, done simple

like lagarr said how do u stop them from lookin soooo distorted

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

arrrrrrrrrrrghh they look **** n all blurry how do u get them 2 look clear lee

well you have to find pictures that are large sized, if the picture is small, it will be stretched.