Chris_Boro

Reaction score
hey guys, i play as darlington, and as you can imagine, the finances are horrendous. im in february in my first season, im doing well in the league etc (3rd, a point off top), and i am just £100 over my wage budget.

i amm however, £550,000 in the red and im now losing 100k a month. Now i understand why that is (my biggest income is ticket sales and that doesnt even cover half of the stadium expenses, not to mention the wages)...

the point im trying to make though is.. the board dont seem to care? lol. im still allowed to offer players in excess of £1000 a week contracts (i dont, but i could if i was stupid). and ive had nothing from the board regarding finances. no transfer embargos, no administation, no nothing.

so how long does it go before action is taken? is it a bug or will the chairman have a few million in his pockets for the end of the season? lol. at this rate il be £1m+ in debt by the end of the season. sorry for the essay!

The board won't sack you unless your results are bad. They give you budgets and it is your job to stick to them. It is their job to worry about the money. What may happen is they may take out a loan. Sometimes, however, a takeover will happen if it gets bad enough. Otherwise it may be administration...

maybe board is thinking about getting bank loan at the end of year ? Just try to do the best you can with without exceeding wage budget and let the board worry about the finances :D

Yeah, im not worried about being sacked. They would be kinda crazy to do that, im only £100 over budget and i havent spent a penny on players. ive just made do with what i had and brought in a few loans with the parent clubs paying their wages. my issue was mainly that there just seems to not be a care in the world about the finances. the board are happy and letting me go over budget if i want, it seems so crazy. almost like its a game bug where you can just go on and on and on until your in more debt than man united.

Yeah if you win thats the only thing that cares. Depending on the board, and since you are darlington, the owner will sell off the team. The new owner will get you out of the red. For the next year if you still continue to win and go back into the red he will invest money to get you out of the red. So now worries. That is unless you don't do well.

cool, fair enough. im confident i can get them promoted, abeit through the play offs, because luton are in a class of their own in my game, and are unbeaten at february (they spent 200k in january... BSP?? lol) but il get them promoted and see what happens with the finances.

does anyone know the difference in income between BSP and league 2 except gate reciepts? maybe you get more for TV rights or something?

i went into administration with stafford rangers, who also didnt seem to care, after two seasons of it I was docked 10 points, great!

I would be really in trouble if the financial rules that are coming in real life would be in the game. I make like £10m loss every month with City. But i will try to reduce it n the future..just for fun.