izzy666

Reaction score
Hey there

Problem is I have very bad tackling in every game i play,assistant tell me that too.

Im playing Bordeaux. Tried a lot thing to change it, like change philosophy,tactic, tight marking etc and it wont work. Dunno, maybe is it bug?

check your players stats to see. Most should be good. Maybe try hard or easy tackling for a while ? Cant understand the screenie though :p

Screenie shows good/bad tackling which my defenders made, they made 0 :), only my rb made one good one bad.

Use the shouts 'get stuck in' or 'stay on feet'. If you post a screenie of what your assistant is actually saying in match, then I can tell you which it is exactly (sorry I've not got a copy of the game and I forget which thing means make which alteration). If it's a common problem, consider switching tackling styles within your tactics, but keep in mind that against specific opponents you may need to make alterations anyways (eg hard tackling for your crazy ball winner when playing against your most hated rivals and you've just fired him up to play like a loony person might not be a good plan ;) ).

Surely if BAD tackling is the problem.. Why encourage them to get "Stuck In"-!?
Tell them to defend a lot deeper, and they can just cover passes, give it to the keeper and he will clear it.
Instead of standing and waiting for some striker to get to you, fall over on your ***, then let him by. If thats what is happening, adjust your team settings, not the players.

Thx for answers, probably i know how to 'fix' this now. Cheers

Surely if BAD tackling is the problem.. Why encourage them to get "Stuck In"-!?
Tell them to defend a lot deeper, and they can just cover passes, give it to the keeper and he will clear it.
Instead of standing and waiting for some striker to get to you, fall over on your ***, then let him by. If thats what is happening, adjust your team settings, not the players.

Depends what you mean by 'bad' - tackles which concede fouls or tackles which don't win the ball?

Defending deeper doesn't alter how you tackle or solve this problem on its own.

If your assistant tells you 'you're committing too many fouls', then tackle more lightly. But if you're not winning the ball in tackles, then it's usually a sign to go in harder.