Bakestar

Reaction score
Firstly I would like to say I do not have internet at home (long story) so I am unable to upload SS of the tactic.

The counter attacking tactic I have created is working so well I had to share it with fellow FM'ers so please if you're upset about the lack of SS's don't bother commenting.

The Principal

Is to play fast counter attacking football soaking up the pressure of bigger teams and breaking out exploiting the oppositions FB's that are more than likely pushed forward.

I use it for every game but I recommend using it against stronger opponents or when you are away from home.

The Formation

COUNTER & STRUCTURED

GK

FB(auto) CD(d) CD(d) FB(auto)

A(d)

CM(s) AP(a)

RW(a) LW(a)

AF(a)

RW and LW are supposed to be on the wing but I cannot format the text properly!!

Team Instructions

Go Route One
Run at Defence
Pass Into Space
Push up Higher
Mark Tighter
Clear to Flanks
Stick to Positions
Much Higher Tempo
Be More Disciplined

Player Instructions

GK- Distribute quickly and More direct passes
FB's- Close down less and tackle harder

Defending corners

FB's- Either Post
CB's- Tall players
A- Zonal marking 6 yard box
CM- Go back
AP- edge of area
RW- Go back
LW- Stay forward
AF- Stay forward

This is not a possession tactic so dont expect to have loads of possession as soon as your team gets the ball it will be fast and direct. You will have a lot of CCC's and the most common goals will come from a cross but you do not need a AF that is good in the air.

Key Attributes

Attackers Need to be fast!!!!

AP- Vision and Accelaration (obviously to be good AP helps).

My Game

I am managing Fulham this might sound like an easy task but our team is awful to start with and there is a lot of expectation to get promoted.

Position-1st
Played- 46
Won- 32
Drawn- 10
Lost- 4

Biggest Win- 7-0 against Bournemouth

Biggest Loss- 3-1 against Millwall ( Really ****** me off they had 2 pens and my keeper made a huge mistake)

Hugo Rodallega
(AF)

Played-30
Scored- 20
Assist's- 10

Nathan Redmond (RW)

Played- 40
Scored- 28
Assists- 24

Emil Larsen
(LW)
Played- 28
Scored- 18
Assists- 12

Patrick Roberts (LW or RW)

Played- 24
Scored- 15
Assists- 17

Bryan Ruiz (AP)

Played- 30
Scored- 10
Assists- 19

BASICALLY I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO USE IT AND POST THEIR SS HERE!!!

THANKS.

Last edited:
NO I HAVE NO INTERNET!! As it clearly states in the first couple of lines.

there is another way...SPOILER ALERT.....you can actually set it up yourself.....

Last edited:
Are the fullbacks set to attack or automatic?

Gonna give it a go when im trying to close out games and then away from home against stronger teams.

Auto. cheers for bringing that up! :)

hope it works for you!

So far this tactic works great for me! After 9 games im currently leading the Vanarama Conference South with 6 points clear of the second place.

So far this tactic works great for me! After 9 games im currently leading the Vanarama Conference South with 6 points clear of the second place.

Glad to hear it,

I have a tweaked version as well tat works even better! will post it soon

pictures

Hey,

Can somebody with internet, who succesfully made this tactic work, post screenshots or tac. file ^^)

Screenshots of Tactic

View attachment 327218View attachment 327217View attachment 327216

Reading from left to right...
Tactics
Team Instructions,
Defending Corner instructions.

I also forgot to screen print but he gives individual instructions to the goal keep and fullbacks. Honestly, this tactic was a disaster for me but that not to say it does not work. My team are in a dire situation and i didn't have time to become fully competent with this tactic. If someone else has luck please share screenshots and info.

Hey, I am also trying to set up a counter attack tactic and I have a couple of questions.
1) Why do you use push higher up instructions? I think for counter attack you want to drawn the opposition towards you, no?
2) Aren't your wingers AMR/AML caught offside too often and/or cross the ball from byline too much?
3) As I understand the TEMPO works like this. The tempo you chose in the team instruction applies to general play. Whenyour team wins the ball back and you have a COUNTER ATTACK situation, the tempo is automatically increased and players run forward (except players with defensive duty). So you chose to play much higher tempo all the time in this case. Please correct me if I'm wrong.