Bale out of England clash

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1K

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Gareth Bale is out of Wales' Euro 2012 qualifier against England at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday after suffering a hamstring injury.

The Football Association of Wales says in a statement the injury was suffered before Bale joined the Wales squad.

The 21-year-old Tottenham Hotspur winger did not train on Wednesday.

"Due to a hamstring problem, Gareth Bale has had to withdraw from the Wales squad to face England," a Football Association of Wales statement said.
"He felt tight last week during training with his club.
"After playing 90 minutes on Saturday he felt some muscle tightness. Initially, this was expected to be muscle soreness after playing his first game.
"On joining up with the Welsh squad he was kept off his feet in training for two days to recover.
"As he still felt tight in the warm-up on Tuesday, Gareth was pulled out of the session.
"He did not train at all on Wednesday and was sent for a scan.
"The scan revealed that Gareth Bale picked up his injury last week."

Bale has only recently returned to action for Spurs after a six-week lay-off with a back injury.

His absence is a major blow to boss Gary Speed's preparations but a boost to England who see Bale as one of their main threats.

"Gareth is top class and he can really hurt you - it's a shame at times he is not English," said 42-times capped England striker and Tottenham team-mate Peter Crouch.

Speed had hoped he could unleash "match winners" Bale and Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey on Fabio Capello's side.

Ramsey is fit though and is hoping to feature for Wales for the first time since suffering a double leg break playing for Arsenal in February 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/9424427.stm

Last edited:
Good news for England. I was worried about the impact he could have on the game...

Would of been good to see how does against us. But as an Englishman I'm am over the moon he ain't playing, can't see any other threat from the welsh! Am looking forward to the Ramsey v wilshere battle as well!

Would of been good to see how does against us. But as an Englishman I'm am over the moon he ain't playing, can't see any other threat from the welsh! Am looking forward to the Ramsey v wilshere battle as well!

I think probably Ramsey is the only threat from us, although Bellamy's really up for the match.

Its a terrible shame for him, bet he was well up for this game, who wouldn't be.

However, fantastic news for us!

Obviously we should be favourites to win, but in the back of every Englishman's mind was BALE BALE BALEEE!!

Not that Wales are a one man team, but he makes a BIG difference...

I would have liked to see that garbage right back Johnson get destroyed by Bale but if England win then fine :D

Didn't look back to full fitness while playing for us in the past 2 games anyway, though that may have been because he was deployed on the right wing for the majority of them.

Cracking news for England.

We'll still get beat though.

I would have liked to see him play just to see how good he really is.

Meh, he would have been up against EPL players who play like turds when put together in a team - just watch him in the league to get a real reflection of how he plays.

Hit and miss.

I think probably Ramsey is the only threat from us, although Bellamy's really up for the match.

Since you've said that, I bet ****** Collins scores against us!

I'll be in Liverpool to watch this match and was hoping Bale would give me something to cheer about but this will be a comfortable win now for England, they were shocking when they played us without Bale.

Not too fused tbh, would of liked to see Capello face when he scored the winner though, by skinning johnson, cutting inside captain slow and rocketing past hart from 25 yards.

If we can't beat Wales just because Bale is in the team, then something is seriously wrong.

This news barely makes a difference IMO, a win should come either way.

If we can't beat Wales just because Bale is in the team, then something is seriously wrong.

This news barely makes a difference IMO, a win should come either way.
well said, whats the point of going in the right directin from denmark, to worrying about bale if he was fit?

well said, whats the point of going in the right directin from denmark, to worrying about bale if he was fit?

Well there's definitely a point in worrying about Bale. You identify your opponent's main threat and you guard against it. Bale is a fantastic player. Just because we played well against Denmark doesn't mean we should be arrogant enough to completely disregard one of the best young wingers in the world.

Well there's definitely a point in worrying about Bale. You identify your opponent's main threat and you guard against it. Bale is a fantastic player. Just because we played well against Denmark doesn't mean we should be arrogant enough to completely disregard one of the best young wingers in the world.

There is a clear difference between disregarding him and having the confidence in our players to do their job. He should be dealt with as their most influential player without having to change our tactics too much to do so.

Oh well, doesn't matter now since he's out.

Back