Bale set to miss rest of season

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp expects winger Gareth Bale to miss the club's remaining three Premier League games this season.

More...

yeah, I had a feeling this would be so after that tackle... such a pity, as Tottenham are really needing to push for Europe!

Sounds bad, but then you remember there's only 2 weeks left of the season so it's not too bad.

Especially considering Spurs are all but out of the race for 4th anyway.

Did look painful, is it possible he'll be out for the start of the next?

Sounds bad, but then you remember there's only 2 weeks left of the season so it's not too bad.

Especially considering Spurs are all but out of the race for 4th anyway.

Liverpool are hot on their tail, though!

Feel sorry for Bale; however much I don't think he's worth all the plaudits that come his way - nasty injury/challenge that I don't want anyone to suffer.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Also - surprised not more has been made of that tackle. Sky were saying it looked deliberate.. Was v. lucky not to get sent off..

Can Blackpool still get punished retrospectively? Since the referee didn't see it at all?

Kevin Keegan said live on ESPN that Charlie Adam meant it..

agreed Joss, not since the Inter Milan games really... since then he has been just average - good (in the last several weeks he has rather average to be honest)

he has been running his *** off this year and he must be a bit exhausted and his body quite susceptible to these injuries...

agreed Joss, not since the Inter Milan games really... since then he has been just average - good (in the last several weeks he has rather average to be honest)

he has been running his *** off this year and he must be a bit exhausted and his body quite susceptible to these injuries...

Think just about anybody is susceptible to having their ankle crushed by studs.

hahaha, I meant in the past several weeks he has picked up a couple of injuries :)

Think his back injury killed his season off didn't look as sharp after that but at the weekend he still delivered some killer balls into the box, shame about the Adam tackle but thats football. Bit of a double standard no one has come down harder on him yet if De Jong or whoever did it to Bale they would be hung drawn and quartered by the media right now.

PFA Player of the season...Meh, no more consistent than Nasri.

GarethBale.gif

NANI!
To be honest if I was a member of the professional footballers association I would have voted for Nani/Berba/Parker

El Hadj Diouf said recently in an interview: 'If I stay in England I get nominated easily for player of the year but I'm ineligible since I chose to come to Scotland and help out Rangers.'

That made me lol

agreed with Parker, he did win the Writers award though :) well deserved!

if it was done at the end of the season, RVP would have been up there as well

Feel sorry for Bale, but am asking myself this:

Is Kranjčar now going to get some playing time?! I know it's horrible to ask this, since I've not even seen what happened, but yeah, I'm really asking that question...

NANI!
To be honest if I was a member of the professional footballers association I would have voted for Nani/Berba/Parker

El Hadj Diouf said recently in an interview: 'If I stay in England I get nominated easily for player of the year but I'm ineligible since I chose to come to Scotland and help out Rangers.'

That made me lol

Diouf is a mug, put simply.

raul93-fan said:
Feel sorry for Bale, but am asking myself this:

Is Kranjčar now going to get some playing time?! I know it's horrible to ask this, since I've not even seen what happened, but yeah, I'm really asking that question...​

I doubt it, think Kranjcar is definitely being moved to Italy in the summer and the Tottenham squad has enough depth without him not to play somebody with one foot out of the door.

Last edited:
Bale is a good player, not as good as the media suggests though. Not as good as say, Nasri, Nani or Modric. Unlucky though, he has been on form this season, hope he recovers the same player.

Out for 6-8 weeks according to Spurs..

At least the lad will get some well deserved rest so he can be back fit and sharp for US next season.

Kevin Keegan said live on ESPN that Charlie Adam meant it..
So? Kevin Keegan isn't Charlie Adam and had no idea what was going through his head at the time of the tackle. Neither does anyone else, so I think it's unfair to say it was deliberate.