Ball possession and Pressing at the same time

Desmond91

Reaction score
Hi!

What are settings that I have to set if I want to keep possession ball when I have the ball and make pressing when I haven't it?

I refer especially to the slide of TEMPO :

SLOW TEMPO: When I have the ball, players keep the ball more while when the opponents have the ball pressing is low

QUICK TEMPO: When I have the ball, players keep the ball less while when the opponents have the ball pressing is high

I would like to combine the two phases: When I have the ball players keep the ball more while when the opponents have the ball pressing is high...It's possible?

Tempo is not linked to how fast you close down although Time wasting is as if set low, the players might take too long to make the decision to close down. ( a better word for TW would be Decicion Urgency.

Tempo is " ball tempo"., urgency to pass the ball into a more advanced position.

Theres a balance to be struck it all depends...

If you play slow you will keep the ball but if your playing arnt creative enough you will struggle to make chances...
If you play quick be prepared to lose the ball unless you have players with great decisions, concentration and composure...

Play slow against a big team to frustrate them and quicker against smaller sides but if your side is good enough you wont need ti play that much quicker...

And it answer to your question yes you can but you need to mess around and finds what suits your team best...

I play a click or two under quick and have high pressing (closing down) for everyone except my DF... However my team is equally capable of playing slow and creating chances so I play slower and less pressing against certain teams (mostly in away games)