Balotelli 'could outshine Torres'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 2K
to be honest its a very big could, it would require a change of perosnality on a massive level for him to even match torres, let alone better someone who was a star and a club captain/icon at 19, and is a current euro and world champion. big words from mancini, but ill only start listening when balotelli starts shwoing it on the pitch

I think Mancini can get the best out of Balotelli, and they do have a history..

I don't think anyone who is a similar player to Torres will outshine him though.. An amazing player..

Balotelli is a brilliant player on his day.

Never, though, could he come close to Torres in my humble opinion.

Of course he can change, its just a case of if he gets his head down and puts the work in. Cristiano Ronaldo went from an honest hard-working kid when he first joined United to this cocky, arrogant superstar we see today, so who says it can't be done in reverse. Mancini obviously is a big fan having coached him at Inter so if anyone can turn his attitude around then he can.

To say Balotelli will never be at Torres's level because he wasn't a captain of his previous team, or not a WC or Euro winner is ridiculous. How on earth is 19 year old Balotelli going to be the captain of a star studded Inter Milan team? It's pretty understandable for Torres to be at Atletico as he was the main man.

Im not saying Balo will outshine Torres, just that its too early to be writing him off.
Give the lad a chance.

I don't agree with this, yes I'm a liverpool fan so theres obviously some bias in what i say but i don't think its happening. Torres over his last 3 years with liverpool has quickly matured into the premier leagues best striker, bar none, the things he can do are just phenomenal. Yes balotelli has the potential to be good, but i don't think he's got it in him to be "Torres/Villa/Aguero." class.

As I've said before, there's a huge difference between having potential and fulfilling it. Balotelli has a lot(and I mean a LOT) of work to do to even dream of reaching Torres' level.

And to the people saying he can be the best striker ever? I strongly disagree. While I do see him as having the potential to be about as good as Torres, I see no potential whatsoever for him being 'the best ever in history'.

I sense a massive fall out with Manager and few players and he goes back to Italy. He might have potential, but with his awful attitude, i would be surprised if he becomes one of the best. He believes He is the best( Even when he was 17 or 18) when he was sub at best at Inter.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

And Brazilian Ronaldo ****** on every striker. He was different class. One of the best ever striker. No matter which league/ team he plays, he will score.

Only time will tell if this is right. Personally I think he'll do alright this season, but he'll need time to settle, and he'll no doubt get nailed away from home at places like Blackpool..

Possibly some mind games from Roberto?

Personally i agree with his statement, and Aaanndyy, he doesnt give his all for his country because they racially abuse him in every game pretty much, they have even made monkey noises when he gets the ball, quite pathetic really, i think as Mourinho said, if he works hard, he can be one of the best strikers in the world.

I think this is just to get into Torres' head for tonights match and to get him to prove how good Torres is, but anyone who is smart will know that a) Torres has nothing to prove in the premier and b) Torres will be still far from his best tonight as he's still not quite match fit. And we all know, no matter what we do, nothing comes off when you try to hard to do something, so Torres' best bet is to ignore this and get on with his own game and what his role is at the club with minimum fuss.

Possibly some mind games from Roberto?

Personally i agree with his statement, and Aaanndyy, he doesnt give his all for his country because they racially abuse him in every game pretty much, they have even made monkey noises when he gets the ball, quite pathetic really, i think as Mourinho said, if he works hard, he can be one of the best strikers in the world.

Jesus boy, use full stops!!

Think Balotelli will be good this year but we'll see this season.

I think he will be good, but I hope not.

This isn't an attack on City, or City fans. This is just a simple, honest want to see someone who has bags of talent but the worst attitude in football fail. I despise players who can't be bothered, much as I adore ones who put in the hard yards. Milner was a fan favourite at Villa, Fletcher is loved by United fans, the Blues are fond of Essien. We all love a player that works hard, and I dislike the opposite.

If he gets his head up and develops a work ethic, then maybe I'll like him a little more. Until then... nah. Never going to be as good as Torres.

I read the thread title and chuckled a bit at this. xD

Torres when fit is much much better and Super Mario will do well to reach his level

Back