• Thread starter Thread starter I7IDanny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 7K

I7IDanny

Reaction score
QuinnBangor.jpg

Bangor City Takeover Imminent

The Welsh side, recently relocated to a new ground close to the University, have today released details that Niall Quinn, who, until a few days ago was the chairman of Sunderland FC, has lodged a takeover bid believed to be in the region of £12m.

Quinn, 45, is believed to want to bring in a new manager to replace Neville Powell, who won the Welsh Premier League with The Citizens last season.

The bookie's favourite at the moment is former England defender Gareth Southgate, who managed the rivals of Quinn's Sunderland, Middlesborough between 2006 and 2009.

Last edited:
SouthgateandPlayers.jpg

Southgate Announced As New Citizens Manager

Gareth Southgate was today announced, as predicted, as Niall Quinn's chosen manager. The former Middlesborough man has 57 caps under his belt for England and has been seen as a coup around the Welsh Premier League.

Bangor City are being compared to their nickname's namesake back in the English leagues, Manchester City, due to their large, and sudden, monetary windfall.

And finally, City announced today the professional deals of 5 young undergraduates from Bangor University. Englishmen Dan Newton, Jak Katterfield and Jake Burrows, along with Irishmen Sean Collum and Stephen Holland, have all signed long-term deals with the club.

Last edited:
looks good mate, looking forward to next update

depends on good I am ;)
nah I would restart it personally

Restart i say, he is one of the 5 focal points of the story afterall.

Weldonsigns.jpg

Weldon signs from Boro.

Paul Weldon, 19, has become Gareth Southgate's first signing for the Citizens for a fee of around £40'000. The young defender looks to be thrown straight into the Champions' League squad by Southgate for the fixtures against Bosnian side BoracB in the 2nd Qualifying Round.

Yeah restart mate, plus i've updated mine too not to spam but appreciate all comments.

Duosign.jpg

Bangor Continue Spending

Bangor City announced their second and third arrivals this transfer window with the capture of young defenders Adam Watts, for a fee of £10'000 from Lincoln City, and Danny Holmes, for £2'500 from Tranmere Rovers. Both are highly rated in footballing circles, and twenty-three year old Watts is said to have a bright future at the Citizens.

Looks like a great start mate, I was thinking of starting a Wales save myself

If one of our players leaves will you continue to post updates on them?

JULY: Champions' League Qualifiers

2nd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg:
BANJA LUKA 2 - 0 BANGOR CITY
View attachment 225829

The Citizens came away from Bosnia unlucky to be 2 goals down. After BoracB missed a penalty in the 18th minute, they then made it 1-0 one minute later. Bangor then dominated, with both Newton and Collum going close, but the Welsh side went in at half time 1-0 down nonetheless. After starting brightly, City then saw young midfielder Stephen Holland hit the bar with a headed effort, and only to see his rebound hacked off the line by the Bosnian side's defender. An excellent volleyed goal in the 86th minute meant that Banja Luka were in the driving seat on the return to North Wales.

2nd Qualifying Round, 2nd Leg:
BANGOR CITY 3 - 1 BANJA LUKA
Burrows, Holland, Weldon

View attachment 225830

Bangor played their first game at the new Nantporth stadium and put on a good show, unlucky to go out on away goals. The Welshmen started brightly, with Burrows and then Holland netting in quick succession with smart finishes to pull the game back to 2-2 on aggregate. City then continued to press, only to be hit on the break at the brink of half time. A poorly struck effort wormed it's way through goalkeeper Paul Smith for 2-1, and 3-2 to the Bosnians over 2 legs. Bangor came out for the 2nd half as they did in the first, and pulled the score back again through Paul Weldon, the left-back heading in a Burrows free-kick just after the hour. However, the Welsh side couldn't manage to get a winner, and dropped out of Europe at the first hurdle this season.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
Jake Burrows
View attachment 225834

The young attacking mid was bright in the away leg, setting up Holland's chance and generally playing well. He takes the award in the second leg, however, with a goal and two assists, the goal coming with a first touch strike from the edge of the box after Dan Newton's knockdown. The future is bright for Burrows if he continues to play this well.

Last edited:
Back