Banner Advertisemnets

Will1981

Reaction score
For the last month or so I seem to be getting alot of banner adds when I come on to the FM-Base site, these are very annoying and often redirect me to other sites.

I was just wondering what the situation with these adds is, I was under the impression that as a Premium member I should not be seeing any advertisements.

All the best Will.

They are a major pain but I just figured they were to cover the costs of running a free website.

Yes I understand that but one of the main reasons I donated to the site was to avoid these adds.

Im a donator too and im getting it. I think everybody is getting tbh including Sean. I believe its a advert from the Website host not FM-base so you would be getting far more adverts if you hadn't donated. Its a pain in the *** but it looks like were all going to have to put up with it or use an ad blocker :S

Curse have their own premium member scheme, so our one doesn't really count anymore, apart from local things that we can control like premium members lounge, no need to have uploads approved, unlimited downloads etc.

For now use an adblocker, Sean said he was looking into things, but Curse are introducing this across all of their sites.

Im a donator too and im getting it. I think everybody is getting tbh including Sean. I believe its a advert from the Website host not FM-base so you would be getting far more adverts if you hadn't donated. Its a pain in the *** but it looks like were all going to have to put up with it or use an ad blocker :S

Chrome Ad blocker FTW.