jibbers

Reaction score
When you use another team, do barca actually play like barca when being controlled by the AI Guardiola?

When I played against them in the Champion's League (with Tottenham) they just played with a standard 4-4-2, they still beat me 4-3 over two legs, but surprised me really. So, on mine, no, but it's probably specific to everybody's game.

In mine they're not, actually in my current save they suck, in 3 years won nothing. At.Madrid won La liga every time, and they came second and third. In UCL they were eliminated in second/third round.

Why do you thnk theyre not the same? I find it starnge that fm doesn't do real world teams properly, even in their patches as well.

Why do you thnk theyre not the same? I find it starnge that fm doesn't do real world teams properly, even in their patches as well.

I say that this would be almost impossible for SI to do. Its one thing to provide the different managers with a preferred style of play but tactics are just one thing that decides how the team plays. Apart from form, morale and team talks etc, you have to remember that the players themselves have the biggest impact and so far, the AI is just not smart enough to exactly resemble real life. In fact, not even real life does that as players develop and change their way of playing.

Its also depends on how the opponents approach the game. If, as in many games in previous years, Spanish underdogs let barca play their game, then the flow of the game will look very much the same as in real life, but when these teams gets stronger and feel they have a chance of beating them, then they will play more aggressive against Barca and the game flow will be ever so different, just like in real life

I think they actually do the teams like in the real world, it's just that once you start a game, everything is being influenced by yourself. if I buy Busquest from Barca, they can't play the same. If I buy Rooney, Man UTD will approach anoth striker, but nothing will be the same :) I think this is the ideea

in every save in which i do not play barca xavi/messi always have average rating over 8 which is ridiculous

In my save they played a 3-4-3 which if you think about it is pretty similar to their team shape IRL.

In my save they're quite underrated. Messi and Villa still banging goals but not as crazy as they do IRL. I've beat them 4-1 with Tottenham in Champions League final and Messi don't really possess a threat.

in one of my saves as arsenal i played them in UCL beat them 4-0 at home were they played 4-5-1 then when i wet to camp nou they played 4-3-3 and beat me 5-1 so with high possession etc so its hard to saythey maybe use similar systems to real life. but how hard is it to recreate barca exact style of play i mean you see so many tactics on here trying to recreate barca