Rik1510

Reaction score
Over 200 passes means hes playing simple passes mostly backwards, this is ****, you want your players playing killer balls
Get them playing a little more dirrect and you'll score more

Push Up your D-line, Slow down your play, make sure your team are closing down so you keep the ball better. Have Your wide mids drift inside and add goal threat and possibly look into using a false 9 for 2 reasons. 1- Creates more space therefore increasing the chance you can find a killer pass and 2-Increases the midfield advantage therefore another outlet to pass to.

If you want anymore advice I'd be pleased to help just PM me :)

Over 200 passes means hes playing simple passes mostly backwards, this is ****, you want your players playing killer balls
Get them playing a little more dirrect and you'll score more

Look at the screenshot. Very few passes backwards.

Push Up your D-line, Slow down your play, make sure your team are closing down so you keep the ball better. Have Your wide mids drift inside and add goal threat and possibly look into using a false 9 for 2 reasons. 1- Creates more space therefore increasing the chance you can find a killer pass and 2-Increases the midfield advantage therefore another outlet to pass to.

If you want anymore advice I'd be pleased to help just PM me :)

Thx, I'll adjust some stuff and report back how things went!

after pushing your defense turn off counterattacks (you shouldnt play counters if you play slow and short and especially with high defense line and pressing)
strategy must be controlling
and philosophy must be better than rigid.. you need more creativity too

Last edited:
After adjustments (pushing up, no counter, inside wide midfielders) I played a few games with changing succes.
Lost against a 2nd tier club in cup, but played my reserve squad so no biggie. Lost 2 times against bigger teams with minimum difference, I seem to take in goals in the last 10 minutes against bigger teams, help?
But two games against similar rated teams I won, with possession of >60% and my playmaker again reached over 100 passes.
Yet, not a single key pass and mostly midplay, I keep enjoying getting over 100 ^^

I forgot to mention: I already have an amc, and I play with 1 striker

but you have two dmc, so put one dmc to amc, and you will have two amc, that way your playmaker (dmc) will get more passes

1. Can you please post the tactic? Thanks
2. Was it a friendly when ur playmaker gad 200+ passes?
3. Do u get these kinds of pass stats very often?

Congrats it seems owesome...

but you have two dmc, so put one dmc to amc, and you will have two amc, that way your playmaker (dmc) will get more passes

I didn't try that, because then I would sacrifice my good defence.
I did other adjustments, and now I get to good goal scoring opportunities, my mid table team reached 5th place!

1. Can you please post the tactic? Thanks
2. Was it a friendly when ur playmaker gad 200+ passes?
3. Do u get these kinds of pass stats very often?

Congrats it seems owesome...

1. My laptop crashed, I lost everything :( But you can see in the screen shots what sort of tactic it was.
2. No, it was competition, Belgian First Division, against a similar rated team
3. Never happened again, although I have >80 passes/game for my playmaker