okay, i have question.. how to make wingers track back ?? and if alba's job "stayed in position and proved very useful as a defender" what role and duty for him ??
i quote that from the article

Well, then I would say that if he stayed back, acting cover all game, then he is a Fullback on defend.

The thing about the way Barca plays is that is some way, its not possible to replicate at alll. The way the team work for each other as a unit and the way that they track back, its not the tactic as such, but the culture of the club. NO player is bigger than the club and all the players know they have to work hard to make the club proud. In FM, this is not something you can do with tactics.

Looking at the formation, its hard for me to say as i did not watch that match but generally speaking, consider the following

- Barca play rather rigid (with clear roles that they stick to) rather than Fluid (with everyon mixing it up)
- They dont play as attacking as you think but instead, they try to be patient and use short passing in a highish tempo with very few players running with the ball.
- Whilst flooding the midfield with their formation, they do use the width a lot
- They have lots of players roaming looking for space, using triangels, so the runs from deep are actually taken from deep and not from their front 4 so the speak
- They hassle the opponent and to be able to do so, its important that everyone really work for the team and this is where one might fail.

okay then, how about alves, the article said he is more like wingers who track back defence, whats his role??

As he is used in the Wingback position, he will track back to this defensive position. I think that you will see that whilst he is on attack during 40 minutes, he might be on defend or support during the rest of the game. Its all down to how eager Barcais to score, risk & reward.

So, Wingback/attack or support

As he is used in the Wingback position, he will track back to this defensive position. I think that you will see that whilst he is on attack during 40 minutes, he might be on defend or support during the rest of the game. Its all down to how eager Barcais to score, risk & reward.

So, Wingback/attack or support

okay, about Mascherano and pique, what are roles for them? pure central defender or else?