Sototh

Reaction score
Good evening,

Yes, I am watching Barca owning Real at the moment, and I was thinking if its possible to have such a dominating tactic in FM11.

What do you guys think, is this a 4-3-3 (what roles for Xavi, Iniesta and the 3 attackers?) or does Messi rather play 1 row back as a playmaker?

I am also very interested how you tactic masters would have the sliders to get so many short, quick passes?

Would love to read some ideas, or maybe even links.

Thanx in advance :)

Wow thank you Joss. Now I feel like an idiot altho I was using the search function (A)

I've made a very good tactic that's not like any of the ones you posted (although it stimulates Barca's present playing style and formation perfectly), with 60+ possession and 4+ goals /game, but I still can't get Xavi to make more than 50 passes a game in FM11. Do you have any ideas.

Well Barca play a unique way with no one really playing a true striker. They all more stay in the midfield and then pop attacks from there, the commentator called it "rabbit hole attacks." I don't know if that would work real well in FB Manager though. I think this may be the best way to approximate it:

GK-Victor Valdes-Goal Keeper-Defend
WBL-Eric Abidal-Wing Back-Attack
CDL-Carles Puyol-Central Defender-Defend
CDR-Gerard Pique-Central Denfender-Defend
WBR-Dani Alves-Wing Back-Attack
DMC-Sergio Busquest-Anchor Man-Defend
MCL-Andres Iniesta-Advanced Playmaker-Support
MCR-Xavi-Deep Lying Playmaker-Support
AMR-Pedro-Inside Forward-Attack
AMCR-Lionel Messi-Trequartista-Attack
CFL-David Villa-Trequartitsa-Attack

For instructions set passing to shorter, creative freedom to more, roaming from position to more, press to often, tempo to fast. Obviously you can play with the indivual instructions for each player some also. I think in a broad sense though this is probably the best way to do it. You could also maybe set Abidal to a support duty and Iniesta to an attack.

In my save they played a 3-4-3 which if you think about it is pretty similar to their team shape IRL.

Barca plays
2-3-2-2-1
or
Valdez
Pique - Puyol
Alves ---------- Maxwell
Busquets
Iniesta - Xavi
Messi ------------ Pedro
Villa​

I've made a very good tactic that's not like any of the ones you posted (although it stimulates Barca's present playing style and formation perfectly), with 60+ possession and 4+ goals /game, but I still can't get Xavi to make more than 50 passes a game in FM11. Do you have any ideas.

more passes isnt always good. most of the time it meants hes playing the ball backwards