csa99

Reaction score
hey i'm barca in the 2012-2013 season and sold abidal and am now playing with a 3-5-2 formation (3 CB's, 2 CM's, 1 AM, 2 wingers (played as inside forwards), and 2 strikers)
but am i right in doing this as i have never really played a formation where there has been no full back and i'm wandering if it will work?
also can anyone recomend any signings for me please? :)
i have enough regen younth players as shown in the screenshots

It might work... Although I would never use such a formation. I think it may be too vulnerable to the opposing wingers. IMO you sould drop one of the CBs and one of the mids and use wing backs. But if you really want to use this formation be sure to set your CMs to mark the opposing wingers.

yeah i think it'll work cos its a good set up u have there. the players jux have to get used to ur formation and every thing will blend together jux lyk dat. set their match prepation to team blend and high workload and they will respond to ur tactics fast.

If you play it right, with fluid passing and attacking football, you could go a good 15+ games unbeaten.

You just need to be careful with your tactics. Especially defensively, since you have Sakho who is rated two and a half stars by your assistant manager.

I would play Chiellini as a Limited Defender on cover, as the defenders on either side of him play normally, Sissoko as a box-to-box player, so he moves between the defence and the attack, Busquets as a Central Midfielder on Defender, or as a supporting Deep-Lying Playmaker.

Then, Paulo Henrique as an Advanced Playmaker, Messi as an Inside Forward, Iniesta as a Winger on attack with customised attributes, whilst David Villa plays as a Complete Forward on Support and Aguero as an Advanced Forward.

match prepation to team blend and high workload and they will respond to ur tactics fast.
Actually, workload has no effect on team blend. Only on the other areas. You think they would mention that somewhere ;)
This is what I do:
1. Leave match preparation set to none at the start, but the level set to maximum until full familiarity with my tactics is achieved. Once that has been achieve I will drop match prep back to average.
2. Before each match I will look at my opponents squad/formation ect. and set my match prep accordingly.
3. Straight after the match I will set match I will set it to team blend for a few days.
4. Back to 2 and reapeat ;)

Last edited:
david villa was injured for the most of the first season so his stats arent too good :\ (6 months with a broken leg and 3 with a broken ankle)
yea i have a lot of good players coming through :) but i cant now switch back to the wing/full backs as i have sold dani alves for £15 million and abidal as well
You just need to be careful with your tactics. Especially defensively, since you have Sakho who is rated two and a half stars by your assistant manager.

I would play Chiellini as a Limited Defender on cover, as the defenders on either side of him play normally, Sissoko as a box-to-box player, so he moves between the defence and the attack, Busquets as a Central Midfielder on Defender, or as a supporting Deep-Lying Playmaker.

Then, Paulo Henrique as an Advanced Playmaker, Messi as an Inside Forward, Iniesta as a Winger on attack with customised attributes, whilst David Villa plays as a Complete Forward on Support and Aguero as an Advanced Forward.
atm i'm playing sakho and chiellini as LCB and RCD as with stopper duty and pique (the more creative of them all) as a ball playing CB, i have sissoko/busquets as ball wining midfielder (defend) and the other one of them in LCM as a deep lying playmaker (support) then pastore/henrique in AM as an advanced playmaker (attack), messi as inside forward (attack) and hazard/iniesta as inside forward (attack), aguero deep lying forward (support) villa advanced forward (attack) :)

turns out the tactics did work :) beat valencia 7-0 in the first game of the season :D
could have maybe improved the posession but i'll work on it