germainelol

Reaction score
So this tactic was inspired by Guardiola's aggressive 3-4-3 tactic which he used towards the end of his reign at Barca quite a lot, and was often used when he was lacking FB's due to injury, it was also used by the likes of Vilanova against AC Milan in the CL last year when Barca needed to attack.

See here:
Barcelona 4-0 Milan: Villa plays centrally and allows Messi space between the lines | Zonal Marking
Barcelona 5-0 Villarreal: Guardiola switches to a 3-4-3 (diamond) and Barca run riot | Zonal Marking

Anyway here's the SS:

View attachment 410035

I would like some help testing the tactic, I've been testing it with Barca and Ajax at the moment with some great success, with Barca I'm currently on a 10 match winning streak, creating a load of CCC's and a great deal of possession 60-70% against every opponent and it's not 100% fluid yet.

I concede a few CCC's which I'd like to fix, but I've accepted that because of the aggressive nature that it would be acceptable to concede these CCC's due to the fact I average around 6+ CCC's myself.

I'd like some help testing the tactic so if anyone could give it a go and let me know how you get on then please do!

View attachment 410033

Cheers!

Thanks, would appreciate someone testing it with other teams as I can only go so fast! You'd need to either try an Italian team with a lot of CB's or simply sell your FB's I guess though :)

If your team are focusing ALL their passes through the middle, then tick "Player Wider" and ask your wingers to "Stay Wider"

Or change to attacking if you're not getting anywhere!

Last edited:
I love your'e tactics and I will test this..I would love to see a real barcelona tactic that you have made..do you have one?

Looks like fun :) Maybe a little narrow in the midfield from what I've tested so far.

I think the defence needs some tweaking. Perhaps use the outer DCs to cover and the central guy to intercept?

The use of APs out wide is nice. I'm building my own 343 currently and I never thought of that. Mind if I steal it? :D

Looks like fun :) Maybe a little narrow in the midfield from what I've tested so far.

I think the defence needs some tweaking. Perhaps use the outer DCs to cover and the central guy to intercept?

The use of APs out wide is nice. I'm building my own 343 currently and I never thought of that. Mind if I steal it? :D

Will try out the CD's like you said, yeah that's why I had to move the AMC to be in line with the CM's so that the outer CM's actually moved out wide to press the opposition, trying to fix that as well because in the final third the wingers are very good, but in the build up not so much.

With the middle CD covering I was trying to create a sweeper, with an actual sweeper in place the defensive line naturally becomes way too deep which is unfortunate.

Will try out the CD's like you said, yeah that's why I had to move the AMC to be in line with the CM's so that the outer CM's actually moved out wide to press the opposition, trying to fix that as well because in the final third the wingers are very good, but in the build up not so much.

With the middle CD covering I was trying to create a sweeper, with an actual sweeper in place the defensive line naturally becomes way too deep which is unfortunate.

I get what you're trying to do with defence, sweepers are totally pointless in FM14 (and believe me, I've tried and tried and tried to get a sweeper system working). However, the Half-Back player role is pretty awesome and as such, I've got my central DC set to play as one (whilst still being a DC, naturally) so that he sweeps in the gap where the HB should play.

It's a nice tactic. I like it :)

I get what you're trying to do with defence, sweepers are totally pointless in FM14 (and believe me, I've tried and tried and tried to get a sweeper system working). However, the Half-Back player role is pretty awesome and as such, I've got my central DC set to play as one (whilst still being a DC, naturally) so that he sweeps in the gap where the HB should play.

It's a nice tactic. I like it :)

Sweepers are very poor in FM14, I tried it with this tactic but the defensive line sits so deep and I never end up getting to the final third with the ball. I tried the opposite of what you said and moved the two outside CD's into the HB position and it actually worked quite well as you'll see below, it was against weaker opposition though so I'll see how I do in the next match. It makes me nervous just watching with only 1 defender :p

View attachment 409743

Last edited: