Barcelona are disgraceful

Who do you think dive more: Real or Barca (try to be non-biased)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i realise you love English football...but is it really necessary to brand "foreign football" to be like this all the time just because one match turned out to be bad..After all it was the Drogbas and the C.Ronaldos (during his time at United) who made this art so famous...

I'm not just basing it on one match. I'm not saying every player in England is blameless, far from it, but histrionics are far more common in other countries. I probably shouldn't have used the term 'foreign football' as that is a large generalisation.

Disagree that Ronaldo at United made it famous. He was one of the worst offenders (although he is worse now) but diving was popular way before then.

Am I the only one who feels diving is a part of the game and is just as much a part of the game as slightly late tackles?

Yep ;) Slightly late tackles are people intending to win the ball but missing out. Diving is trying to con the ref into sending a fellow professional off

I'm not just basing it on one match. I'm not saying every player in England is blameless, far from it, but histrionics are far more common in other countries. I probably shouldn't have used the term 'foreign football' as that is a large generalisation.

Disagree that Ronaldo at United made it famous. He was one of the worst offenders (although he is worse now) but diving was popular way before then.

Yeah, i know that it was..but what i meant was the idol that he was to so many people who didn't know much about football before along with those who did..and that he was the World Footballer of the Year and stuff then, so when he used to do it, a lot of people got to know about it.. And i disagree with him being worse now..In a night that was full of diving and playacting..how many times did you actually see him being in the middle of it..In fact, i actually saw him get up pretty fast from some pretty hard tackles

UEFA and FIFA are all corrupt anyway IMO so i can kinda see where Mourinho is coming from. Sometimes you get things your way others you don't, it just seems in Barca's case it is the first that is more than a regular occurrence.
UEFA and FIFA won't change the game, i don't know why. Something stupid about keeping it the same throughout football. COME ON seriously?!? IF your not at the highest level then; Cricket, your lucky if you have one umpire when playing let alone hawk eye. Rugby, no tv replays anywhere to be seen..and i could continue but Sepp Blatter and Platini. Your talking bollocks and I will celebrate when you no longer hold a senior position.

Unfortunately diving is becoming more and more a part of the game, but it is not just confined to Barcelona. It is happening all around world football, in every league. One of the worst I have seen is Neymar, from Santos. The best young talent in world football imo, but in the paulistao quarter final against Ponte Preta we saw both sides of Neymar. The world class strike that proved to be the winner for Santos, but also we saw the Neymar that spends thirty seconds on the ground after every tackle. But then again, you don't even have to watch foreign football to see the diving. Nani's antics are horseshit. Drogba can bench press a bus, but can't stand up to lightest of spring breezes when he gets on a football pitch. Even Gareth Bale ****** me off at times with his shenanigans. Anyways, I think you would have to change the title of this thread to "world football is becoming a disgrace" because it is not just Barca. I think the thing with Barca is that they have an "angels of football" mystique about them, so when you actually watch them play you see that they are actually just as bad as anyone else, and that is what causes people to be so angry about it. And that leads to threads like this created out of frustration.

Busquets has to be the biggest ****** in football.

Haha, you're such a joker. Just get lost, if you are going to post, at least make some contribution to the discussion.

You completely miss the point of my post. This thread is just like any other Real vs Barca thread. Eventually it'll turn into a mudthrowing frenzy with Barca fans saying Real arrogant players and Real fans saying Messi should have his legs broken.
This thread is food for trolls. I'm out. Peas.

Sigh. What a suprise. Barcelona are the pathetic cheats whereas Madrid are the saints in all this and Mourinho is of course the special one. It's as though nobody has ever seen someone dive before, or con the ref. Bayern Munich did it last year against United. The only one who critisized them last year was Fergie. English teams do it just as much.

zzzzzzzzzzz. boring. doesn't need it's own thread.

You know in countries such as Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, diving is celebrated just as much a goal, as the fans see it as a team/player doing everything they can to win a game. Just sayin'

people come into threads and say how they don't want it to be there...what are you doing in them in the first place then..get the **** out and let the people who want to discuss, discuss...**** off

Haha, you're such a joker. Just get lost, if you are going to post, at least make some contribution to the discussion.

I can't believe you of all people just said this...

Bad as each other. Was a dull game, really. Had more enjoyment talking to Joss and people on a live chat than actually watching the game most of the time.

we've covered this in the match thread for 12 pages, both terrible. end

Like I said, this was not an insult at Barcelona or anything. I just get annoyed, as without diving they would be the best team in the world to watch, in my opinion, no question. I never said Madrid were saints, I said I didn't see them dive as much. I'm neutral, so I don't have Madrid or Barca, in fact I like Barcelona more. And what is the point of a forum if you cannot discuss controversial things?

Anyway, yeah, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.