I'm not sure, but it certainly doesn't involve Toure and Henry...

I'm not sure, but it certainly doesn't involve Toure and Henry...

In those images, I'd replace Toure with Xavi and Henry with Villla..
as for having a plan B, yeah they do, go to zonal marking and theres a very interesting article about it, you could get it by using the stand asymetrical 4-2-3-1 on the game...

In those images, I'd replace Toure with Xavi and Henry with Villla..
as for having a plan B, yeah they do, go to zonal marking and theres a very interesting article about it, you could get it by using the stand asymetrical 4-2-3-1 on the game...

The images were of zonal marking and they posted march early this year I was interested in my own plan B and remember these articles from when i read them I was just didnt know whether it was a 4-2-4 or a 4-2-3-1

"As with a lot of unusual formations featuring versatile, technically-gifted players, it’s sometimes difficult to describe the formation in the traditional fashion. Against Valencia, this site described it as *‘a loose 4-4-2 / 4-2-4 / 4-2-3-1 shape’, before going onto slightly more confidently define it as a ‘4-2-4ish formation’ in the defeat of Stuttgart, which some commenters objected to, saying it was more of a 4-2-3-1."
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/03/19/barcelona-4-2-4-formation-guardiola-messi/

* Doesnt help trying to put it in fm terms does it

The images were of zonal marking and they posted march early this year I was interested in my own plan B and remember these articles from when i read them I was just didnt know whether it was a 4-2-4 or a 4-2-3-1

"As with a lot of unusual formations featuring versatile, technically-gifted players, it’s sometimes difficult to describe the formation in the traditional fashion. Against Valencia, this site described it as *‘a loose 4-4-2 / 4-2-4 / 4-2-3-1 shape’, before going onto slightly more confidently define it as a ‘4-2-4ish formation’ in the defeat of Stuttgart, which some commenters objected to, saying it was more of a 4-2-3-1."
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/03/19/barcelona-4-2-4-formation-guardiola-messi/

* Doesnt help trying to put it in fm terms does it

i'm not sure, ima have a go at making this on fm11...

it is definitely a 4-2-4, iniesta is an advanced playmaker (not sure whether hes support or attack), henry and messi complete forwards (TH attack, messi support) and pedro an inside forward/attack

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

EDIT: pretty sure iniesta is a support role, as i remember him dropping deep to link with toure

Off-topic a bit, but I wonder if the whole "recreating Biscuits' modern centre" half role shebang might work on FM11? I must remember to try it.

it is definitely a 4-2-4, iniesta is an advanced playmaker (not sure whether hes support or attack), henry and messi complete forwards (TH attack, messi support) and pedro an inside forward/attack

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

EDIT: pretty sure iniesta is a support role, as i remember him dropping deep to link with toure

I thought Messi would of be more a trequartista

I thought Messi would of be more a trequartista
barcelona done have any passengers on the pitch, from top to bottom they work very hard, offensively and defensively. treqs are very lazy in defence, also messi makes runs whereas a treq doesnt

barcelona done have any passengers on the pitch, from top to bottom they work very hard, offensively and defensively. treqs are very lazy in defence, also messi makes runs whereas a treq doesnt

Reading this I now see it more why he is a complete forward and not a treqs because does but a bit of leg work i defence as well would you way then that the philosophy is v.fluid

There is a thread, that is discussing this topic - http://forums.fm-britain.co.uk/index.php?topic=11630.0 , so please keep such as discussions there.

I'll say it once more - this particular thread is for disccusions about the playing style of Barca between the time period of season 08/09 to 09/10.
thats a different site, the topic is perfectly fine here.

Ill say it just once, dont pretend to be a mod

There is a thread, that is discussing this topic - http://forums.fm-britain.co.uk/index.php?topic=11630.0 , so please keep such as discussions there.

I'll say it once more - this particular thread is for disccusions about the playing style of Barca between the time period of season 08/09 to 09/10.

Don't try and do the moderators job please, especially if you are going to link to another site, even more so when you link one thats not affiliated with SI.