kliff123

Reaction score
yoo!

I'm trying to seek a way to get Barça B (Barça Athletic) play in the Liga BBVA, after being promoted from the Liga adelante.

While being a B-club and an affiliate team (which it currently is in FM), that isn't possible.

But then in the editor, I made a new team called Barça B (the new name btw), and made
it the reserves team for Barça. Then I put it in the Liga adelante (where they belong now of course, and deleted Barça atletic and moved the players)

So that went all well..

But I wonder if it is possible now to promote? Can a reserves team be promoted to the league of its first team? Or when it isn't possible being a B club or a reserves team, how then? I also saw that in the editor with athletic 'cannot play in the same league' was ticked, maybe untick it?

Please help!!

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

no one :(?

Last edited:
you should try it though :) move all the good players to Barca B :L would be funny to see what would happen
be sure to post screenshots on it :p

well, Barça B already have good players of course, like Thiago and Fontas, Bartra, Muniesa ...

but I just wonder if nobody tried it already the reserves playing in the same league of the 1st, that should already be tried, shouldn't it?

well I will try it to play with that thing unticked, but then I maybe play a whole year for nothing xd,
but when I know something, I will certainly let it know, I'm really excited about it!

thx for the replies

There's a tick box in nation rules called 'allow B team promotions'. You may need to create a new nation rules though.

well, Barça B already have good players of course, like Thiago and Fontas, Bartra, Muniesa ...

but I just wonder if nobody tried it already the reserves playing in the same league of the 1st, that should already be tried, shouldn't it?

well I will try it to play with that thing unticked, but then I maybe play a whole year for nothing xd,
but when I know something, I will certainly let it know, I'm really excited about it!

thx for the replies

For testing purposes you could just dock every other team in the league lots of points then holiday through the season and find out the result.

There's a tick box in nation rules called 'allow B team promotions'. You may need to create a new nation rules though.

oh, I will look after that thx! and what should I exactly create in that nation rule? or what do you mean?

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

For testing purposes you could just dock every other team in the league lots of points then holiday through the season and find out the result.

yeah I thought of that too, but It still takes a lot of time :p

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I don't find that rule btw :(

what you need to do is make sure that under the affiliates section when yuo make the link to barcelona, that teams can't play in the same division is unticked and check that the liga adalante (nation rules) doesn't have b teams cannot bepromoted ticked. you might need to recreate teh whole spanish system to untick that box if not.

what you need to do is make sure that under the affiliates section when yuo make the link to barcelona, that teams can't play in the same division is unticked and check that the liga adalante (nation rules) doesn't have b teams cannot bepromoted ticked. you might need to recreate teh whole spanish system to untick that box if not.

I found that in the affiliate club 'cannot play in the same league was ticked', but I already knew that.

But that promotion rule in the Liga Adelante, I really can't find that, maybe you can send me a screenshot? the only things I see are: General, Dates and Others, but nothing really about promotion rules.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:53 PM ----------

is it also possible when you make Barça B your reserves and then let them promote from Adelante to the BBVA?

Hi guys i'm new here...but got the same 'problem'...

but what happens if you change Barca B from a B-club to a normal affilated club, but you keep "move players freely" thing,
maybe that'll help,

but i guess Barça B will not be at your screen when you are Barcelona...

but it could be a way to promote to BBVA

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Works ...

BUT: you can't put Barcelona players directly to Barca B....:S too bad