focus_mad

Reaction score
View attachment 217209

"Welcome to the Sky Sports afternoon report, I'm Simon Thomas and myself and Alex Hammond will be bringing you updates throughout the afternoon of all the latest stories".

"Breaking news is coming through from the Camp Nou in Barcelona today. Irishman Allen Devine has been appointed as the Barcelona B team manager in a sensational development. We can go live to our correspondent and regular pundit on our show Revista de la Liga, Guillem Balague"”.

"Guillem what can you tell us regarding this shock appointment of the unknown Irishman?"

"Hello Simon and Alex, that is correct, I am outside Barcelona’s Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper after the press conference for the announcement that an unknown Irishman Allen Devine has been appointed as manager of the Barcelona B team following the sacking of Luis Enrique after it was announced by the Spanish F.A that he is being investigated for the pilfering of the reserve team funds”".

"What can you tell me about the newcomer?”"

"Little is known about Devine, however initial enquiries show that he has a number of coaching badges awarded by the Football Association of Ireland and has had past competition success with youth development teams in the North of Dublin, where he is from. From a playing point of view, it appears he played at a senior level before injury forced him to the sidelines and 5 asides. Devine also stated that he will be getting involved in the training first hand and intends on having his door always open for all of the players and staff to come to him with any concerns they may have”".

"This will be quite a step up for Devine in that case will it not?”"

"Yes, Barcelona B currently have a large number of quality youngsters that could walk in to a number of English Premier League team, such as Thiago and Jonathon dos Santos, so this will be quite a large step up from what he is used to”".

"What can you tell us about the investigation regarding Luis Enrique?”"

"Well Alex, it appears that Luis Enrique, who as most of the viewers will know is the well regarded former Spanish international and Barcelona player, is being investigated by the Spanish Football Association for the removal of funds from the Barcelona B’s transfer budget. Because of this, Devine's task will be made harder by the lack of funds so he will have to develop the players that are available to him. He was questioned about this predicament and he replied that, "while I am aware of the alleged mishaps of the previous manager, I am here to steady the ship and in time develop the potential of the youngsters that we have at the club and also to stretch out our recruitment network further around the world. I will also have no reservations about promoting a youngster form the u19s if he is showing enough potential”. He continued to say that he will be looking at bringing in a level of maturity to the team in the aim of tutoring the youngsters”".

"Guillem, the time of a new manger arriving is usually a worrying time for players and staff alike, has Devine gone to dissolve any of these concerns?”"

"Yes Simon, Devine has said that has the backroom staff has been doing such a good job in the development of the youth teams at Barcelona that he will only be looking to add to it. He went on to say that regarding players, he is willing to give everyone a chance and plans on attending a number of trial days in an attempt to bolster the squad”".

"Thanks Guillem for this report".”

"So there you have it, Allen Devine is now the new manager of Barcelona B. This could make for interesting viewing as the tale unravels”".

Last edited:
But where do you want to go with Barcelona B, i am from barcelona myself and they can't playe the king's cup, can't get to Liga BBVA, ...

I never chose them so i am not sure of what can and cannot do, can you upgrade things for yourself?

But where do you want to go with Barcelona B, i am from barcelona myself and they can't playe the king's cup, can't get to Liga BBVA, ...
I never chose them so i am not sure of what can and cannot do, can you upgrade things for yourself?

As there is no transfer funds for the team, I have to use the youngsters that are on the team and get players in on a tight budget, coupled with the fact that it is Barcelona had given me the idea..

Yes you can upgrade the "club" to a certain extent so we shall see what happens.

can you manage barcelona b and barcelona?