coolguyrko

Reaction score
Anyone who knows me especially my brothers know that I can't hold a save of FM for any longer than the pre-season most of the time.Ive done a few 1 seasons and lasted 4 seasons with West Brom.
I want to mkae this my long save so I thught that if I turn it into a story I might be more motivated to stick with it.
So here it goes.
BREAKING NEWS

Pep Guardiola Sacked!

View attachment 136939
Reports from the Catalan Giants say that Pep Guardiola has been sacked.Apparently Chairman Sandro Rosell had this to say/
"We want to bring in a person with no top flight managerial experience.We just want to do things differently for a change."
When asked what this difference will be Rosell replied.
"We want to see if an unproven manager can take one of the most sucessful clubs in the world and continue its tradion of winning trophies."
He also named the new manager.
"I am appointing Oliver O'Brien as the new manager."
Oliver O'Brien is a manager from Ireland who has had no previous managerial experience but he has now been thrown straight into the deep end to see if he can repay Rosell for his most generous offer.

O'Brien was also available for a conference today and stated that.
"I am delighted to be here and I am still astonished by the support Sandro has gievn me."
When asked what signings he will make he replied.
"I am not going to upset the balance of this sqaud so I will only be signing 1 or 2 first team players,any other signings I will make will be youth players who will be the future of this club."

So guys what do you think I will update soon.I just want to see what kind of response I will get.

Also there will be no fancey skysports or bbc **** as Ive tried to use them but I just cant seem to edit them.

Well, To ne honest, i personally can't give any feedback until there are some results, signings and news.

But good luck with it fella, i'll keep checking in to see how it goes

Sorry for the delay.I accidentley shut off my PC with my foot.S I have to re do this.

Now that O'Brien is in charge it is reported that he has a large war chest to work with.

And The War Chest Opens.
After many days of
neoctiating a 9m price tag has been agreed for the Ajax and Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen.
View attachment 136999

Barcelona have also moved swiftley to snap up 20 year old Jose Angel from Real Sporting beating a host of clubs to get the 3.4m defender's signature.
View attachment 137000

O'Brien has also stated that the intends to secure the future of the club.

The Youth Pours In.
O'Brien has kept his promise and spent 16m on the future of Barcelona.

South America Raided.
Santos's 18 year old Brazilian winger Zezinho has joined Barca for a fee of 4.6m
Botafogo's wonder keeper Luis Guilerme has been signed for a fee of 525k.
Unknown Brazilian CB and LB Fofao has been signed for 500k from Fluminense.
Sebastian Coates has had his 2.4m release clause triggered and Has joined the Catalan giants.

Eurostars.
The highly touted 17 year old French 6ft 4 striker Yaya Sanago has joined for a fee of 5m from Auxerre.
16 year old Portugese CB Tobias Figueiredo has signed from Sporting Lisbon for 1m.

The Home Grown Future.
18 year old creative midfielder Kevin has joined from Zaragoza for 2m
Another 18 year old spanish player has been signed in Valladolid's CB Victor Mongil.
O'Brien has also secured the signatures of 2 players who will sign once there loans are finished.
Keko from At.Madrid and Sevilla's Jose Manuel Morales.Prices are still unknown for these 2 players but both are rumored to be in the region of 1.5m each.

Activity The Other Way.
O'Brien has let 4 players leave the club.
Keita has joined Man City on a season long loan deal for 200k.
View attachment 137001

Gerard Deulofeu has joined Italian side A.C Milan for 2.1m
View attachment 137002

Mauro Icardi has joined Herecules for 350k.

Johnathan Dos Santos has joined Mallorca on a season long loan.

O'Brien is very happy with his signings and has said that.Vertonghen is very versatile and is a good defender but is also good with the ball at his feet.Angel is the perfect back-up for Abidal and could even replace him.He is looking to get rid of Maxwell as he feels he doesn't make the cut.
He is also very happy with his youth signings and insists that they are the future of the club.

The pre-season seems to have gone well for O'Brien's Boys. with only 2 blips on the radar.
Barcelona 3-0 Barcelona AT.
Reus 0-5 Barcelona
Alicante 0-2 Barcelona
Castellon 0-3 Barcelona
Al-Ittihad 1-1 Barcelona
Bunyodkor Toshkent 1-1 Barcelona

O'Brien has set up his team in a 4-5-1 foration which seems to be working.

August/September

Barca's New Boy Seems to be Struggeling with away fixtures.
With O'Brien starting out well with 2 victories over Sevillia and retaining the Spanish Super cup plus victories in the league O'Brien's boys have since slowed down and have hit a dip in form but still remain undefeated.

Sevilla 1-3 Barcelona. Spanish Super Cup 1st Leg
Kanoute(86)-Pique(51)Pedro(58)Villa(69)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137105
Pedro

Barcelona 2-0 Sevilla. Spanish Super Cup 2nd Leg
Iniesta(28)EscudeOG(60)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137106
Messi

Racing 0-4 Barcelona La Liga
Villa(25)(43)Pique(67)Vertonghen(75)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137107
Villa

Barcelona 4-1 Hercules La Liga
Bojan(25)Pique(39)Villa(64)Saul(85)-Tote(50)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137108
Iniesta

Barcelona 2-1 Werder Bremen Champions League Group D
Villa(7)Messi(58)-Pizarro(84)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137106
Messi

At.Madrid 1-1 Barcelona La Liga
Costa(30)-Bojan(15)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137109
Bojan

Barcelona 2-0 Sporting La Liga
Xavi(23)Bojan(60)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137110
Xavi

Athletic Bilbao 0-0 Barcelona La Liga

Man of the Match
View attachment 136999
Jan Vertonghen

FC Twente 2-2 Barcelona
Janko(36)LanzaatPEN(55)-Bojan(33)Messi(45)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137109
Bojan

O'Brien has some impressives victories under his belt in the past 2 months but 2 away draws in the league put his team 4 points behind league leaders Real Madrid.
His away draw with FC Twente keeps them in the top spot of group D but in both matches Barca where not convincing.
O'Brien has said that he was delighted with the performances of new man Vertonghen and with rising star Bojan.He has admitted that away his team seems to struggle and has said that he wants the team to perform much better away from home but there are rumours that the team don't feel motivated to play for O'Brien as he has never had top flight expierence and most of the team had had a good relationship with Guardiola.

INJURY!!!!
Barcelona's commanding centre back and captaain Puyol was injured in the 2-0 victory over Sporting.
He has suffered fractured ribs and will be out of action for 4 weeks.

Last edited:
I dont know if I will continue this if no one is interested but here is the October news.

October

O'Brien's Men Are Still Undefeated.

Barceloma 4-0 Mallorca La Liga
Villa(PEN3)(6)Bojan(49)Messi(53)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137188
Messi

Barcelona 1-0 Valencia La Liga
Bojan(26)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137189
Dani Alves

Panathinaikos 0-0 Barcelona Champions League Group D

Man of the Match
Panathinaikos(CB) (Name too long)

Zaragoza 0-2 Barcelona La Liga
Messi(11)Xavi(90)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137192
Xavi

At.Baleares 0-3 Barcelona Spanish Cup Round 4 1st Leg
Bojan(14)Iniesta(20)Vertonghen(71)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137193
Iniesta

Barcelona 1-1 Sevilla La Liga
Iniesta(44)-Cigarini(59)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137193
Iniesta

A slip up by Real Madrid keeps Barcelona 4 points behind but if O'Brien wants to win the league he will have to make sure his team scores as they have only conceeded 3 in the league amd 7 in all competitons.
O'Biren is once again impressed by Bojan and has stated that he is delighted that senior members of the team are starting to perform and hopes that these performances cast doubt on rumors that the players are unhappy under his regin.

Injury!!!
There have been 2 major and 3 minor injuries sustained in teh Barcelona squad.
Pedro has strained knee ligements which will see him out of action for 6-7 weeks which he picked up in the match against Sevilla.
Fontas is being treated for a hip injury and will also miss action for 6-7weeks and he picked up the injury in Barcelona's 1-0 win over Valencia.
Dani Alves is currentley awaiting treatment for a thigh injury.
Iniesta and Xavi both picked up minor injuries during the month leaving them both out of action for 4-5 days.
Good news for Carles Puyol who returned to action against At.Baleares after 3 and a half weeks on the sidelines.

November

The Good,The Bad, and The Down Right Ugly
O'Brien;s Boys have just had what is probably there best and worst months this season.The won both there Champions league fixtures convincingly.They also won one of there La Liga matches but drew 2 others and have recorded there first loss this season.

Barcelona 4-0 Panathinaikos Champions League Group D
Messi(57)(77)Bojan(61)Xavi(87)

Man of The Match
View attachment 137288
Messi

Getafe 0-1 Barcelona La Liga
Bojan(7)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137293
Iniesta

Barcelona 5-0 At.Baleares Spanish Cup 4th Round 2nd Leg
Iniesta(21)Messi(25)Villa(48)(52)Bojan(88)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137288
Messi

Barcelona 0-0 Villarreal La Liga

Man of the Match
Musacchio

Almeria 1-1 Barcelona La Liga
Valdes(PEN OG 56)-Xavi(39)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137311
Xavi

Werder Bremen 1-4 Barcelona Champions League Group D
Armautovic(63)-Alves(9)Messi(15)Bojan(45)Villa(47)

Man of the Match
View attachment 137311
Xavi

Barcelona 1-2 Real Madrid La Liga
Affelay(41)-Angel(OG 17)Ronaldo(45+2)

Man of the Match
Ronaldo

Constant slip ups this month puths Barcelona 11 points between them and League leaders and rivals Real Madrid.However there is the positives of finishing top of Champions League group D and advancing in the Spanish Cup,However dissapointing performances in the league could eventually cost him his job if they don't improve even though Barcelona are still second in the League