Jimmy_x_

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Ive actually just Started a new career game as barcelona. I have been playing with them on fifa recently and i have really enjoyed the football you can produce with the players. I know what roles and duties i need to set all the players however i am unsure of what strategy to use.

Should i Play with control or attack as my starting strategy?

Also i am going to play messi in the middle as a trequartista. If i have villa and affelay on the wings as inside forwards should i set their wide play to move into channels? ( I figured that i dont want my player actively cutting in with the ball as much as moving into the channel between the full back and central defender to recieve a through ball from messi, so its a one on one with the keeper? Is my thinking correct?

With any team I start as Standard, then see how I get on and change it if needed

Control, short passing, high defensive line etc.

Use busquets as a deep lying playmaker, pedro and villa as inside forwards, and most importantly, Messi up front as a trequartista

cheers dudes. So by cut inside does that give the desired effect of the wingers running onto through balls from messi?
also as trequartista should i make messi's through balls often or leave it as it is?
philosophy..fluid or very fluid?

cheers dudes. So by cut inside does that give the desired effect of the wingers running onto through balls from messi?
also as trequartista should i make messi's through balls often or leave it as it is?
philosophy..fluid or very fluid?

As cut inside, along with huge touchline, are With the Ball moves, it wont

sorry. i didnt quite understand. do you mind re-writting? sorry :/

Cut inside is à move connected to run with ball and has nothing to do with a players runs from deep without the ball (onto the ball after passes from Messi ). What you need is moves into channels, some ppms like gets inside the area, perhaps some roaming etc. Also remember that players Will still move inside without being given the exakt orders to since its a part of how football is played

Last edited:
thanks, i understand now.

So im setting " run from deep" to "often" so they make the runs onto the through balls from messi.
AND i am setting " wide play" to "move into channels" so that when they have the ball they run inbetween the full back and centre back which is where they will receive messi's pass.

Is that the correct understanding?

Also for barca should i go fluid or very fluid?