looks promising tactic
will give it a shot and see the result .

I'm going to make a tactic to show how Tranmere Rovers play in real life, just to spite you all and your Barca tactics!

This is like the 10th "Real barcelona tactic" on FM-base. No more please. <)

Just tried this in one match against racing.
The good: great possession, almost 80% , won 3-0 and the team created many chances.Also Dani Alves's movement is good.
The bad: Barcelona clearly don't play a sweeper. I believe you used Busquets here. You gave the sweeper an attack role so when my team attacked he sat in front of the defenders. But when I defended he was clearly the last man. In real life Busquets never drops behind the 2 central defenders. Also Messi plays very good as an Amc but then again in real life he sometimes is the highest player on the pitch for Barca. He doesn't sit behind Pedro. I think you should try Messi as the 3d striker in the middle and Busquets as an Anchorman.

The screenshots show you've only played seven league games so far. Might want to try a whole season?

Good tactic though, I am still trying to get high passage completions from my playmakers. I am starting to get 90% 's.

Just tried this in one match against racing.
The good: great possession, almost 80% , won 3-0 and the team created many chances.Also Dani Alves's movement is good.
The bad: Barcelona clearly don't play a sweeper. I believe you used Busquets here. You gave the sweeper an attack role so when my team attacked he sat in front of the defenders. But when I defended he was clearly the last man. In real life Busquets never drops behind the 2 central defenders. Also Messi plays very good as an Amc but then again in real life he sometimes is the highest player on the pitch for Barca. He doesn't sit behind Pedro. I think you should try Messi as the 3d striker in the middle and Busquets as an Anchorman.

Thanks mate... but as you all know its difficult to get the anchor man to drop into the defense to cover for dani alves going forward. so i decided to try busquets role as a libero. i think thats the closest you can get to getting him covering in centreback and supporting attacks aswel. will consider your advice on messi.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

this tactic to patch 11.3 or 11.2 ??

11.3 patch

Deb, do you know what Barca's preferred formation is in real life? With the editor i have been considering how to change their tactical attributes around so that they have high pressing(as in real life, not sure why researcher has it at 11), and preferred formation to 4-5-1. Would this be correct do you think?

The screenshots show you've only played seven league games so far. Might want to try a whole season?

Good tactic though, I am still trying to get high passage completions from my playmakers. I am starting to get 90% 's.

tested it on another save... good luck with the playmakers

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Deb, do you know what Barca's preferred formation is in real life? With the editor i have been considering how to change their tactical attributes around so that they have high pressing(as in real life, not sure why researcher has it at 11), and preferred formation to 4-5-1. Would this be correct do you think?

ok one thing you should know about barca, they do not have a particular formation. they change their formation depending on the teams they play and pitch size. A 4-5-1 is a good choice but i wont use that cause if uve been watching barca matches the dont play with wingers. fullbacks cover that role. you can try a 4-3-3.

right, but if i am not playing as them, but want them to play much better and more similar to real life in the game(which they do not imo, losing too many games, weird formations, no pressing, easy to beat), is it a decent idea to set their preferred formation to 4-5-1, and increase their pressing attributes. 4-3-3 does not seem to work well for the ai barca in game

right, but if i am not playing as them, but want them to play much better and more similar to real life in the game(which they do not imo, losing too many games, weird formations, no pressing, easy to beat), is it a decent idea to set their preferred formation to 4-5-1, and increase their pressing attributes. 4-3-3 does not seem to work well for the ai barca in game

Oh i understand.. you can do that. let me know how that works out. i cant say which one will work and which wouldnt. you have to test both i guess and then decide...

ive just updated the tactic and the tactic guide for those interested...

sry mate i dont wanna be that bad but on ur 2nd screenshot "results.png" u have a clearly whole victories all green icon in results , but against atl. madrid away it shows ur result 1-1 and the color of the icon is green , shouldnt be yellow ? when u draw the color is yellow .. any explanation .. ?!
thx 'n' cheers

Yea the atletico madrid and espanyol matches on the screen shots are 2nd leg copa del rey matches. i won on aggregate on both matches thats why it has the green icon. thats how it is on fm.

Link to map with busquets positioning only
and can you please add all the screenshots you´ve posted in messages, to the main post?

And by the looks of it dani alves isnt that offensive in your game, as he is in FM.
Its probably impossible, but Messi/Pedro/Villa swaps positions at all times, but as a standard messi plays a false 10, villa more to the left and pedro more to the right / opp. villa..