Barcelona president Sandro Rosell wants to reduce the top flight to 16 teams

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
The president of Barcelona Sandro Rosell, has suggested that the number of teams in the top flight to be reduced to 16, instead the current 20 teams.

BBC Sport - Premier League will not be cut to 16 - Richard Scudamore

Riiiiggghhttt. Mk. I think my sig would apply if he said that to me, and I was head of FA "I don't have time for mugs".

This guy must be on some sort of very strong cocktail of certain substances. Reduce our top flight, to satisy them? No. Just no. It's bad enough as it is, with the FA Cup being changed for 2013, but for this to happen....not a chance in ****. And for them to threaten to organise their own Champions League style of competition if not agreed upon by parties, just smacks of crass ignorance and idiociy. Thankfully, this was immediately rejected by Scudamore. If it came between watching Barca v Man Utd on a Saturday, or watching traditional weekend Premiership and lower league fixtures....sorry, but it's a no brainer. Domestic league every time.

Out of curiosity, what's happening to the FA Cup in 2013? :$

Another reason to hate Barca :)

They really are just takin the mick now. I mean seriously-do they honestly think other football associations would agree to such a stupid idea. I'm startin to dislike them intently, which is unlike me, as I love watchin their football at times. But clearly they think they own football because they're one of the worlds biggest clubs. Sooner they realise that they won't always get what they want the better. Would love to see them throw their toys out the pram. Guy's a dumbass

why is that a problem ? curious :$

Tradition. And it was changed for the benefit of TV companies for coverage reasons. It's normally 3 pm but companies (TV and sponsers) wanted it changed and bang! It was changed.

I'm an old fart (as Joel and Godcubed merrily point out), and hate the fact that companies have the final say, regardless of what the fans say. A lot of fans are deeply unhappy about it. Not to mention the draw will be seeded, so the bigger clubs avoid each other early in the draw.

Last edited:
Meh, Barcelona have just realised that their domestic league is dying so are trying other ways to boost money.

Meh, Barcelona have just realised that their domestic league is dying so are trying other ways to boost money.

The whole more than a club line has been bullshit for a long time. But when people started talking about it before they were labelled as bitter. They were in fact, bang on about Barca

Tradition. And it was changed for the benefit of TV companies for coverage reasons. It's normally 3 pm but companies (TV and sponsers) wanted it changed and bang! It was changed.

I'm an old fart (as Joel and Godcubed merrily point out), and hate the fact that companies have the final say, regardless of what the fans say. A lot of fans are deeply unhappy about it. Not to mention the draw will be seeded, so the bigger clubs avoid each other early in the draw.

ooh i see. didn't see that coming, i though the TV company issues was for the epl (as SAF mentioned weeks, weeks ago). now its all over the place. :(

Sandro is talking like that cuz The La liga is only a 2 horse team (but later on the small shall rise, go malaga, Valencia, villareal, and at. madrid :P ) and just wants competition out of the room, which is ridiculous XD

Would love to see them end the season trophyless, but it wont happen :(

Would just love for them to....shut the **** up. But that won't happen either sadly

then lets pray for it to happen, and make real madrid do the rest.

*and pray that we, arsenal, win a silverware soon ;)*

Sandro Rosell's a ****.

My god, now I know how Joss feels all the time.

Sandro Rosell's a ****.

My god, now I know how Joss feels all the time.

lol and so u now know it why Jossy hates the Catalans XD

im sure it has been like that since the time barca wanted cesc, and also teh efffing red card to rvp, which was overall pointless :P

lol and so u now know it why Jossy hates the Catalans XD

im sure it has been like that since the time barca wanted cesc, and also teh efffing red card to rvp, which was overall pointless :P

And now the attempted turning of the head of RVP :S

Well what can I say, I mean the meaning of watching football is going out of the window here; everybody watched football for tradition and because it meant something to the society but now it is only for ******* media companies and tv and sponsors etc. Please Please Please somebody save football.

now whats next after this, football in Tron, anyone ;) ????

Well what can I say, I mean the meaning of watching football is going out of the window here; everybody watched football for tradition and because it meant something to the society but now it is only for ******* media companies and tv and sponsors etc. Please Please Please somebody save football.

Wishful thinking. It's beyond help right now. Only thing that at least hopefully make things a bit better is the FFP rules, and the Goverment reccomendations. Apart from that, doubt anything else will be done. Don't get me wrong, I love watching some of the play in the Premiership. But when this sort of thing comes out, well it's just another nail in the coffin. It's becoming apparent that at some point in the future a super league will surface, and probably there's going to be a league shake up. Which will be tragic. Probably.

Back