Barcelona president Sandro Rosell wants to reduce the top flight to 16 teams

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K
Wishful thinking. It's beyond help right now. Only thing that at least hopefully make things a bit better is the FFP rules, and the Goverment reccomendations. Apart from that, doubt anything else will be done. Don't get me wrong, I love watching some of the play in the Premiership. But when this sort of thing comes out, well it's just another nail in the coffin. It's becoming apparent that at some point in the future a super league will surface, and probably there's going to be a league shake up. Which will be tragic. Probably.
I agree 100% with this post.

I hope the Fifa Fair Play rules affect some free-spending clubs such as Man City, and that they don't find loopholes in it. It's time for people to act now, in football, rather than sit like a coward and let these things wreck football. Soon, the traditional football will die, and it will become so political-orientated that people will not really care about it anymore.

I also love watching Premier League football, it's brilliant on the pitch; but the off-pitch problems are building up and increasing. Corruption, racism and all these court cases and comments are just getting on my nerves.

In regards to a 'Super League', that would be suicidal for football. Sure, it would be very competitive and entertaining to watch all the best teams play each other, week in, week out but then the structure of football would completely change, tradition would slowly die out and the 'old leagues' would be forgotten. Also, I doubt it'd be that easy to make a Super League, I mean I doubt the Spanish FA would agree to the (English) FA take over the Super League, and there would be many arguments.

Off-pitch matters should never overshadow on-pitch matters, that is not the way in football. Football is meant to be simple and beautiful, but if politicians and cold-hearted businessman take control over it, then it will no doubt destroy the tradition of football. Footballers should be and have always been the most important people in football, this should not change.

By the way, what are these government recommendations?

I agree 100% with this post.

I hope the Fifa Fair Play rules affect some free-spending clubs such as Man City, and that they don't find loopholes in it. It's time for people to act now, in football, rather than sit like a coward and let these things wreck football. Soon, the traditional football will die, and it will become so political-orientated that people will not really care about it anymore.

I also love watching Premier League football, it's brilliant on the pitch; but the off-pitch problems are building up and increasing. Corruption, racism and all these court cases and comments are just getting on my nerves.

In regards to a 'Super League', that would be suicidal for football. Sure, it would be very competitive and entertaining to watch all the best teams play each other, week in, week out but then the structure of football would completely change, tradition would slowly die out and the 'old leagues' would be forgotten. Also, I doubt it'd be that easy to make a Super League, I mean I doubt the Spanish FA would agree to the (English) FA take over the Super League, and there would be many arguments.

Off-pitch matters should never overshadow on-pitch matters, that is not the way in football. Football is meant to be simple and beautiful, but if politicians and cold-hearted businessman take control over it, then it will no doubt destroy the tradition of football. Footballers should be and have always been the most important people in football, this should not change.

By the way, what are these government recommendations?

Rather than type it all will give the link lol. There was more info on it, but can't find the article right now. I think there was a link posted for the PDF somewhere.

BBC Sport - MPs call on Football Association to make changes

Nothing will change for the better while Blatter is in charge, and it seems no other nation has the backbone to stand against him with us. How he can openly ignore racism and still be in a job is beyond me

Back