Barcelona Pressing.....why so low?

FMRocco

Reaction score
So i am looking in the editor at barca's tactical attributes, and their pressing is just average. But to watch them in life they seem to press like it's going out of fashion. I am wishing to make barca more effective like real life, as i think they are quite easy to play against, and not as brilliant as they are in life. Is giving them a higher pressing score a valid change or not?

When i say pressing, they seem to do it attacking wise and defensively...I read an article that stated when they don't have the ball they pretty much spend all their efforts trying to retrieve it

The player who lost it or if the team loses it they have to get it back in under 6 seconds or something?
Also the manager(cant spell his name) said the higher up the pitch you win the ball the closer you are to the goal and scoring

i noticed this aswell. I think its impossible to create a tactic like thiers in real because of this

It's pretty much impossible in FM for your team to press to a ridiculous extent like Barcelona. I really hope SI makes it possible in FM 12.

So even setting their pressing score from 11>18 or so in the editor would not remedy the situation, or am i off base? I'm not playing as Barca, but i do think they are not as good in game as they should be.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Not to mention their preferred tactic....4-3-3? Is it not 4-5-1 or am i mistaken. Obviously very similar but on FM with 4-3-3 surely very susceptible to wide teams

So even setting their pressing score from 11>18 or so in the editor would not remedy the situation, or am i off base? I'm not playing as Barca, but i do think they are not as good in game as they should be.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Not to mention their preferred tactic....4-3-3? Is it not 4-5-1 or am i mistaken. Obviously very similar but on FM with 4-3-3 surely very susceptible to wide teams
The formation is just stupid on FM. They play a 4-3-3 in real life, with Pedro on the left and Messi just off Villa. However, it doesn't work in FM because Messi and Pedro don't play SS (Second Striker).

The formation is just stupid on FM. They play a 4-3-3 in real life, with Pedro on the left and Messi just off Villa. However, it doesn't work in FM because Messi and Pedro don't play SS (Second Striker).

So changing it to 4-5-1 would bring it more inline with real life?