Barcelona sign PSV star Ibrahim Affellay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sass101

Reaction score
Barcelona have signed Dutch international winger Ibrahim Afellay from PSV for €3 million on a four-and-a-half year contract.

The Spanish champions made the announcement on Friday on their official website and further stated that a release clause of €100 million has been inserted in the 24-year-old's contract.

"Ibrahim Afellay signed the deal at 11 o’clock this morning," ran a statement on Barca's official website. "The 24-year old’s contract is for four and a half years and includes a €100 million buyout clause."

Barcelona homepage

So...Barca have Pedro and Affellay....who do you think is better?
Hope Pedro wins :p

Negotiations started a while ago, was only a matter of time. Sad to see him leave Dutch Football :(

Personally think its a bad move he'll hardly get any game time, Mascherano only warms the bench for them.

bad move for affelay footballing wise, good move $ wise :p

For 3 million it can't go wrong for Barcelona, it could, however go very, very wrong for Afellay. Wish him all the best though, hope he does well.

He'd have been better off going to a mid-table side like Getafe or Everton, I'd have taken him for Liverpool. Hope he does well in Barca, doubt he will get much playing time though.

It was only 3million as he woulda left for free in summer due to contract so they cashed in.... Plus id rather fight for a play at barca than play every week at PSV where the stabdard is no way near as high.. he'll only become a better footballer because of it

both bad and good for him. Bad because he prob wont get much playtime. Good because he now has the best player in the world to learn from, and some of the best coaches.

This guy does wonders for me in my Liverpool save. Hope he does well at Barca :D

Perhaps not the best move for him personally but definitely a good move by Barca. 3M and a 100M buyout clause, looks like they want to keep him.

Sorry, searched for Affelay in Live Search, didn't found anything so wanted to create this thread :p

Spell it right then you'll find plenty of threads;)

Status
Not open for further replies.