Barcelona Tactic By Jesaustralia - How the match engine like it!!!!!!

jesaustralia

Premium
Reaction score
Barcelona Tactic By Jesaustralia

I created this tactic to exploit the bugged positioning in the match engine and as a result I have achieved....

High Possession...
Best Defending tactic I have ever seen...
Many chances when your team blend strong...
Potentially Highscoring...
Triangles...
Successful Killer Balls...
Amazing Closing Down of the opponent...

The bugged positioning explained...
Its like the creators of the match engine created this fantastic match engine except with a huge precision mistake - The positioning - Defensive looking tactics are king!!!

The dm's acting like midfielders the MC's acting like cam's or Ml/r acting as wingers etc etc - with that in mind I created a tactic that could take advantage of this and succeed.

Looks weird - acts amazing!!!

View attachment 286227
Attention!!! - It does not matter if your players play out of position and have an indicator that he's not comfortable playing there - example Striker gets an automatic red color because he's positioned on the cam position - forget it just play the players but forget your perfectionism that everything has to be perfect - it doesn't the same goes for the sweeper just use a defender I use one a little more creative than the other two defenders. The same thing can happen for your wingers just play them their like its their normal position. Don't lean on to the thought that if its red then they will play bad.

View attachment 286226
Conceeded 1 goal in 12 matches and even better my team blend has been really poor - I don't know if you can succeed with this tactic playing with an underdog team - so for now I will say you can't because that's untested.

The Formation
GK Courtois
SW Laporte
CDL Digne
CDR Dede
DMC Wanyama
DMCL Crisetig
DMCR Pogba
CM Barkley
ML Muniain
MR Shaarawy
CAM Lukaku

Defenders I can recommend to retrain quick fullbacks and use in CDL/R positions - make sure that they can jump head and has plenty of strenght like a normal defender would have. Look into players like Digne - Danilo oh and If you can get a fullback that dribbles don't worry it will just add to your offensive potency. DMC should be your bone breaker so strong good tackling and all the skills you want from an anchorman. DMCL/R you want to be Pogba types creative strong and technical and preferably decent finishing. If workrate and positioning is decent I train these as complete forwards otherwise box to box.

The CM an attacking creative midfielder - I prefer these with Flair technique creativity quickness and good finishing. Its a bonus if he can dribble. The complete forward schedule developes most of the important attributes for the CM or the attacking midfielder schedule to develop the workrate as well.

ML/R - Complete forward schedule - you want these to develop into complete forwards creative quick technical and great finishing.

Your CAM - your striker complete forward schedule as he interacts alot in the build up play. At the moment I use a strongman but I think a Messi type can do just as well.

Training If Team blend is Strong understanding or above:

Team Cohesion - low - 50% - Attacking movement

Training If Team Blend is Below Strong understanding:

Team Cohesion - Very high - 50% - Teamwork

Give it a spin and report back your results

Cheers

Match Results

View attachment 286148 View attachment 286147 View attachment 286146 View attachment 286145 View attachment 286144 View attachment 286143 View attachment 286141 View attachment 286140 View attachment 286139 View attachment 286137 View attachment 286128

These Images are taken while having a team blend between blending well and strong understanding

Last edited:
Crystal Palace - Season 5 Update

Squad Overview
View attachment 286212

All these + many in development both at my youth team and loaned out to my feeder clubs Ajax - Brondby - Club Brugge - Zaragoza - Dinamo Zagreb - Basel

League Table
View attachment 286214

I knew with the team I have aquired that only success would be in the cards and therefor I decided to create my own tactic where possession and defence dominates the opposition. I was able to create a strong framework for those two qualities and did it with some knowledge I've been taught by Mr. Langvatn himself!!!! and then added lots of my own ideas to it. You can find the tactic I use above this post.

Talents
View attachment 286211 View attachment 286210 View attachment 286209 View attachment 286208

Yes Jeeez - I loaned out Fierro & Ongenda - Maupay I sold to make room for other types - Then as you can see we got Pogba one of my favourite players - but he's in steep competition with the up and coming English midfielders - Godden (Image 1) just turned 19 and already 17 caps for England - he's a beast. Obviously I'm particular excited about Partida the regent Mexican (Image 3) He's just so perfect an Olivier Giroud advanced - actually more like Ibra :) - Brown another amazing midfielder that has started to aggressively develop and it seems to me he's gonna be another Pogba in the game and as you already know I love Pogba types. By the way watching my nefeau play Fifa15 career mode - Pogba is the best midfielder in that game. At last I wanted to show you the Russian regent striker that looks like yet another future beast of a striker a real tank and makes me think I should really play with 2 strikers of this sort, but for now I really believe in my new foundation - The Barcelona Tactic.

Anyway - I will report back with end of season results which should show an amazing defensive record.

Cheers

I remember made a similar tacic but without the tactical knowledge I have now. Looked so promising,glad to see jes to made that kind of tactics. Jes was who belive in my 0 striker tactic and now I like how this tactic look! good job mate!

(sorry,I have a job at the airport and I dont have so much time for play,but I see your progress and the new tweaks and tactics ;) )

Just wanted you to know, that there are still persons, who wait for great new approaches to the game! A very good posession based tactic is what I am waiting for!

Just wanted you to know, that there are still persons, who wait for great new approaches to the game! A very good posession based tactic is what I am waiting for!

Then this is the one!!! - get your team gel high above strong understanding and you will start seeing possession between 70-80 if not 90% haha!! - Remember to have possession type of team will help to.

Cheers

looking forward to seeing you try this with your barca save (the one you used for 343)

looking forward to seeing you try this with your barca save (the one you used for 343)

Yea well - but I don't think that will happen - I'm still not 100% happy with this + the barca save is extremely slow and I have had several saves bugged with crashes etc. I also gotta admit I'm not 100% happy with this version - Possession is great, but I can actually improve possession to even more than it is which sounds insane!!! - New version did this Image just below
View attachment 285872 View attachment 285871

The problem for me is Frankenstein is a whole lot more dangerous than my new possession tactic and I think I just made Frankenstein even better than usual with some new tweaks both offensively & Defensively!!!

View attachment 285870

Frankenstein Narrow Through the Middle - Download

So its leaving me confused whether I shall continue to tweak my new tactic or have pleasure with this newly tweaked Frankenstein that will be a world beater for sure :) Newcastle a sub top team currently 7th in the premiership - Play seems amazing with triangle passing as well - width set to 1 and then play through the middle - Passing for all players set to 1. I'm very confused right now of what I shall do. I will use This version of Frankenstein above for a few matches and then decide what to do next + Man city soon hehe!!!

I forgot to say I did split possession with Man.utd away from home with original tactic from this thread - very dissapointing.

Cheers mate

I am waiting for more improvements :)
Very hard decision to make. I love back three-tactics and I love possession based tactics. Unfortunately, I think Mr Langvatns tactics (4-1-4-1 etc) are still the best rounded tactics. But I am getting tired of this counterstyle. So I will hope that you can improve your tactic in scoring goals! :)

I am waiting for more improvements :)
Very hard decision to make. I love back three-tactics and I love possession based tactics. Unfortunately, I think Mr Langvatns tactics (4-1-4-1 etc) are still the best rounded tactics. But I am getting tired of this counterstyle. So I will hope that you can improve your tactic in scoring goals! :)

Frankenstein get more goals than any - Wooow potentially the strongest at scoring goals - Fanta gets plenty of goals I've seen - Why don't you download the new Frankenstein version above its amazing - You can't have possession and many goals unless its Frankenstein. Possesion is to defensive in fm13, but reality is possession is a defensive act - so in a way I created that successfully - more than successfully passes over 100 for more than 1 player.

This is Version 2 - In my opinion better than the Original - Download Barcelona Tactic v2

Updated Results - Frankenstein Narrow through the middle

This tactic seems very consistant - Defence is amazing - I sold Benteke, he was complaining so I use very young strikers + my new superstar regent got injured for the rest of the season.

Results since I started with this one:
View attachment 285755 View attachment 285754 View attachment 285752 View attachment 285751 View attachment 285749 View attachment 285748 View attachment 285747

I don't like conceeding - so now this tactic is perfect for me, but score less in general - It keeps most of its attacking potency so I'm not worried.

Cheers

I might try your Frankenstein-Tweak. Do you recommend any first season original db team to start with? How about player types, training and so on? I know there is a Frankenstein-thread, but there are so many tactics in there.. thank you!

Looking good Jes,

I'll plug the new Frankenstein in on my Feyenoord game and see how it goes.
2nd visit was good for me but especially in the harder CL games I had troubles with my defence.
Since then I've been using Mr. L 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1. 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 have been the best performers so far.

Now with both the attack and defence improved in the new Frankenstein it'll be good to see what's going to happen with my Feyenoord team.

I might try your Frankenstein-Tweak. Do you recommend any first season original db team to start with? How about player types, training and so on? I know there is a Frankenstein-thread, but there are so many tactics in there.. thank you!

Maybe start out with reading the Frankenstein thread - theirs plenty of information in their - page 1 provides alot of the tactics, but the whole thread is filled with images of different peoples journeys and examples - The newest DB I know Of - Download

Frankenstein is based on having a very strong team - So if you are planning to use a team like Fulham you will fail the first 3-4 seasons. Maybe though the newest tweak I posted a few posts back can handle a team like that. Frankenstein 2nd visit is one of my fav - not alot of changes from the original tactic and several successes reported their among a 10-0 win over FC Barcelona and myself have had many matches scoring above 10 with that one - so I highly recommend that one, but the main thing to focus on is an amazing team and a top team blend extremely strong understanding minimum.

Goodluck

Cheers

Frankenstein get more goals than any - Wooow potentially the strongest at scoring goals - Fanta gets plenty of goals I've seen - Why don't you download the new Frankenstein version above its amazing - You can't have possession and many goals unless its Frankenstein. Possesion is to defensive in fm13, but reality is possession is a defensive act - so in a way I created that successfully - more than successfully passes over 100 for more than 1 player.

This is Version 2 - In my opinion better than the Original - Download Barcelona Tactic v2

I'll also add Marcelo 3142. That's great for under dogs too

Jes, have you had a season with Fanta?

I'll also add Marcelo 3142. That's great for under dogs too

Jes, have you had a season with Fanta?

No haven't tried Fanta only looked at it shortly and took inspiration from it with the passing. It actually makes me think about taking a 4231 and change the short passing to 1 and longshot to 1 only problem is I constantly have central defender and usually no full backs. What I mean I see teams good teams succeed alot with this tactic it probably just needs a tiny tweak to make it really good.

Also I measure tactics now to the potential of scoring 10+ goals 4-6 time in a season against anyone - and currently I don't see any tactics that can do that unless its a Frankenstein tweak. Marcelo and Mr Langvatn's best tactic yes they are good, but they can't compete with Frankenstein amount of goal wise + I have to say they don't look entertaining - this is minus Wooow and several of the new ones by Langvatn - I'm talking about the super tactics of Mr Langvatn. I want to see something Brazilian or Argentinian or Spanish on the pitch - Not some strong American that knows how to wrestle the ball from the opponent - its not beautiful football - hope you get my point here.

Hands down to these tactics and their efficiency - I'm not trying to flame these tactics - If you want great results these tactics will be your best friend - If you want entertainment its not where to look - I'm gonna play a few matches with Fanta and check its style - then i'll post its result. Oh I forgot I have no fullbacks. I'll see what I can figure out.

Cheers

Looking good Jes,

I'll plug the new Frankenstein in on my Feyenoord game and see how it goes.
2nd visit was good for me but especially in the harder CL games I had troubles with my defence.
Since then I've been using Mr. L 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1. 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 have been the best performers so far.

Now with both the attack and defence improved in the new Frankenstein it'll be good to see what's going to happen with my Feyenoord team.

It will score less - but be better prepared defensively. If you use fullbacks - I can recommend several of the deep purple tactics, but wooow is the king - its the best of everything from Mr Langvatn

Cheers

Fanta tweak 6 Review

Ok now I have checked out the Fanta tweak 6 - Unfortunately I didn't have all the correct player types for the different positions, but I could see easily what was going on with it. Fanta is yet another tactic that will provide to your silverware collection so highly recommendable. I also like alot very short passing providing triangle play from time to time and some really huge clear cut chances against any team. ML & CML should have its passing edited to the same as MR & CMR. Congestion in the centre - alot of shots getting blocked my biggest issue with this tactic and the main reason I wasn't winning 6+-0 every match - maybe width 10 or more will improve that. Opponents Home & Away hardly have any chances - You will see the screenshots in the end of this post - In general the opposition looked like fools and I felt very comfortable with whoever I had in my lineup. I didn't even have the right player roles for some of the positions or shall I say right attributes that I needed and we were still really good. Some say better than Mr Langvatn's 4141 rock classic - well I don't dare to say anything like that, but I can always test it I have the templates and the program.

Its a must - your wingers = good crossing - creativity - James Rodriguez type
Your fullbacks = quickness workrate and defensive skills
Midfielders = - Box to box will do good here - but make them quick and strong and good finish - I always think they should be very creative so 2 schedules box to box and complete forward schedule
Striker =some quickness is an advantage - I think personally lightning quick will be "fanta"stic in the striker position. I someone use Muniain as a striker scoring about 70 goals I wonder if he used Fanta :)

Now I can't play any more with this tactic because I wanna get on with my own ideas - but mark my words if you get all the player positions right this one will be a joy for you to play with I'm not doubting it one second.

Best? - not in my book, but I wasn't bored

Cheers

View attachment 285597 View attachment 285596 View attachment 285595 View attachment 285594

Fanta - Galego tweak 6 - 2 tweaks by Jesaustralia

Been testing this tactic alot - it performed better than Fanta tweak 6 - all width settings tested including the original and I feel I managed to squeeze out an even better Fanta - Destroying Chelsea away - Swansea at home and in general looked better than the tactic before this one.

The result image and average rate image I'm about to show you would have been even better if your players were developed in their positions. This is only tested for the team with the best players. So Barcelona - Manchester City - Real Madrid or a top regent side should love this tactic with its new tweaks. I ofcause didn't make the framework to this tactic I just adjusted it to play better. You will see a 7-0 win a 5-1 win and much more in the image I'm about to show you - If that was a developed top team these results would have been 10-1 and 14-0.

Cheers and please report back how you go with this one

View attachment 285423 View attachment 285422

Last edited:
I decided to test this with FC Barcelona - Original Squad - Original Staff & Training set to - Team Cohesion - low - 50% - Att. mov

1st match of the season
View attachment 809970

More matches coming up...

Fanta - tweak6 & 2tweaks by Jesaustralia

So a full 1st season completed with FC Barcelona - who to be honest really don't have the best players for this test as their players are rather average compared to the tactic. If using this tactic I exspect you to use superstar regents of some description and you will be set for life :)

This test the assistant manager picked the 1st team every match and were destroying the little man - my mate Messi in the end however he did score alot of goals and I was obviously very happy with his contribution as you probably would be in many tactics. It showed me that a quick highly defined technical player will be king in this tactic no doubt. Their was absolutely no management done by me so often my assistants 1st choices was having condition problems - which would effect some of the results.

Compared to the players that FC Barcelona have available 1st season for Fanta I think the result is amazing - judge for yourself

View attachment 285390 View attachment 285388

So this was obviously very satisfying to complete this test - but I want to take this one step further so I have decided to create a Superstar Dream team and a save I will make available for download if you wanna test out other tactics yourself. Be aware that this will effect especially Real Madrid due to several players I will swap with them.

Dream team save coming up & Dream team results with Fanta tweak6 - 2 tweaks by Jesaustralia....

Cheers