Barcelona Tactic By Jesaustralia - How the match engine like it!!!!!!

Dream Team Template - Download

View attachment 285335
This is for me a dream team in fm13 - I had to axe David Luiz - Tiago Silva & Falcao due to the 3 foreigner rule, but I believe the replacements are off high class. I added 2 saves - just in case the other one didn't work :) - You can use this to test any tactic of your liking with a very strong team. I tried to be fair in the swapping process so big teams didn't suffer to much - though I had to swap a few for talents, but not many.

The team cohesion will be low so 2nd season will most certainly perform even better than the 1st season. Its not recommendable to use the assistant to pick the squad as he does a really bad job with this. If you wanna use this save as your own carreer you just need to get better coaches and staff in general + add many more leagues to it so it will become fun for you to play with.

Cheers & Enjoy

Dream Team Template - Download

View attachment 810165
This is for me a dream team in fm13 - I had to axe David Luiz - Tiago Silva & Falcao due to the 3 foreigner rule, but I believe the replacements are off high class. I added 2 saves - just in case the other one didn't work :) - You can use this to test any tactic of your liking with a very strong team. I tried to be fair in the swapping process so big teams didn't suffer to much - though I had to swap a few for talents, but not many.

The team cohesion will be low so 2nd season will most certainly perform even better than the 1st season. Its not recommendable to use the assistant to pick the squad as he does a really bad job with this. If you wanna use this save as your own carreer you just need to get better coaches and staff in general + add many more leagues to it so it will become fun for you to play with.

Cheers & Enjoy

Maybe an idea would be to sim 1 season and fix all top teams transfer budgets to 0 (or put transfer embargo and say the top 4/5 clubs in italy, spain, france, germany, england for two seasons) so that their teams for the second season are same and team cohesion in the meantime gets high

extra work of course

Dream team Season 1 Results

I saw some extreme performances here and their, but the assistant manager picking the team has no idea about management that's for sure - I got Ronaldo and Bale injured in a very important phase and got knocked out of the champions league 2nd round to Arsenal - that's what happens but still dissapointing - I didn't exspect glory with that. The season started off with the worst possible team blend and it got stronger to strong understanding infact, but then it declined and that is due to passive management for sure - Season 2 I'm gonna get all the right coaches so atleast they have that - I got alot of trouble in the squad Hazard - Kroos not playing a single match due to the ******* assistant.

I can add huge sums of money to the big clubs so they can get the players that they need, but I did a very fair exchange of players in 90% cases - So quality of the opponent didn't suffer alot. I only play with the spanish league to speed things up/generate the days faster to be able to post results faster to the thread.

Many big victories compared to the original Barca side their among a 6-0 win over Real Madrid, but they beat us the first match 6-1 team blend was obviously a problem because it was early on.

Images 1st season - I'm pretty satisfied since the team blend was so poor.

View attachment 285316 View attachment 285314 View attachment 285313

We won the copa del rey

Season 2 is coming up.....

Dream team Season 1 Results

I saw some extreme performances here and their, but the assistant manager picking the team has no idea about management that's for sure - I got Ronaldo and Bale injured in a very important phase and got knocked out of the champions league 2nd round to Arsenal - that's what happens but still dissapointing - I didn't exspect glory with that. The season started off with the worst possible team blend and it got stronger to strong understanding infact, but then it declined and that is due to passive management for sure - Season 2 I'm gonna get all the right coaches so atleast they have that - I got alot of trouble in the squad Hazard - Kroos not playing a single match due to the ******* assistant.

I can add huge sums of money to the big clubs so they can get the players that they need, but I did a very fair exchange of players in 90% cases - So quality of the opponent didn't suffer alot. I only play with the spanish league to speed things up/generate the days faster to be able to post results faster to the thread.

Many big victories compared to the original Barca side their among a 6-0 win over Real Madrid, but they beat us the first match 6-1 team blend was obviously a problem because it was early on.

Images 1st season - I'm pretty satisfied since the team blend was so poor.

View attachment 810206 View attachment 810211 View attachment 810212

We won the copa del rey

Season 2 is coming up.....
These are the sort of results that Galego got with a regen team.

And I am very impressed by the goals conceded - I think I conceded 25 and scored 141 with first season with regens so I can say this is a great improvement.

If you are able to get close to 180-190 goals in the second season I would say this would be on par with Frankenstein because its a much more friendly formation

One reason I prefer TC tactics is that the player roles mean that when assistant picks the team he is able to better fit the players to the roles

for MR/ML, you suggest which type of players? Normal wingers or complete forwards with good crossing? (Think Messi as ML and Ronaldo as MR)

These are the sort of results that Galego got with a regen team.

And I am very impressed by the goals conceded - I think I conceded 25 and scored 141 with first season with regens so I can say this is a great improvement.

If you are able to get close to 180-190 goals in the second season I would say this would be on par with Frankenstein because its a much more friendly formation

One reason I prefer TC tactics is that the player roles mean that when assistant picks the team he is able to better fit the players to the roles

for MR/ML, you suggest which type of players? Normal wingers or complete forwards with good crossing? (Think Messi as ML and Ronaldo as MR)

Well I hope to succeed more in the 2nd season, but it depends on the team blend alot -
the good news is - I didn't do any managing at all - If I would have been in charge of the lineups this would have improved further for sure.

MR/L is in my dream team selection - Bale Left - Rodriguez Right everyday every night every morning and jeeezzzz sounds like a soap opera - What I meant to say is - Quick - very creative - Great finishing - Lots of flair & technique (Complete Trequartista Forwards with some crossing 12+)- other types are secondary to me - yes its also good if they can cross especially in Fanta, but you don't need a striker that can jump/head because that's Messi's weak point and he played that position most often and score for fun while team blend is pretty poor -

Also when someone else was picked as striker Messi played MR where he also did well and scored several goals from that position as well. Don't get stuck on players foot - Rodriguez I play on the right as well he's left footed like Messi - Bale is left footed i play him on the left and its just beautiful to see him hammer the balls in the net from the left - I might give preference to how bale play on the left so left foot left side - but i have nothing against reversed foot - sorry another long soap opera explanation lol :) -

I think I might take charge of the lineups 2nd season, but that means it will take a bit longer due to my management especially the individual resting to make the players condition recuperate better.

Now I just hope the players will become more happy and the team blend will raise to something better. To many stars in the team. Tell me if their is any other tactics you guys would like me to test with the dream team for 2 seasons.

Cheeeeaaaaassss - Soap opera cheer - sorry I'm silly - My testing mode I guess :)

what about training during main season once team cohesion is full? Balanced and attacking moovement?

what about training during main season once team cohesion is full? Balanced and attacking moovement?

Team Cohesion 365 days a year - every year - it affects morale - success does too - but this one I have experimenting with going away from it is disastress results in my opinon - I have fmrte I don't need to use tactics preseason if you don't have that program you should use Tactics for match preparation, but only preseason - rest of the season should be Attacking movement if the team blend is really low then team work. My players develop plenty with team cohesion - if I should ever be tempted to go away from team cohesion it would either be fitness or tactics - In the youth team i would train ball control.

Cheers

FOr the second season, could you post squad stats and season overview once you are done?

FOr the second season, could you post squad stats and season overview once you are done?

i think i know what you want - but can you guide me to where it is? [EDIT] Sorry just figured out where if its where it saids the goal average and competition successes and such

Last edited:
Season 2 has started with the dream team - opening match vs Sevilla 8-0 - I'm now managing and just cross my fingers that I can get this thing done. Its very exciting - Ronaldo had 6 shots all off target JEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!! - his teamwork is at 9 and he created 2 assists :)

Cheers

PS Schweinsteiger is WOW all the way - such a valuable player is hard to come across - Hattrick

well at the moment I am conceding more goals and CCCs. The width is having a reverse effect, more space for opposition to exploit :(

Barcelona Tactic By Jesaustralia

I created this tactic to exploit the bugged positioning in the match engine and as a result I have achieved....

High Possession...
Best Defending tactic I have ever seen...
Many chances when your team blend strong...
Potentially Highscoring...
Triangles...
Successful Killer Balls...
Amazing Closing Down of the opponent...

The bugged positioning explained...
Its like the creators of the match engine created this fantastic match engine except with a huge precision mistake - The positioning - Defensive looking tactics are king!!!

The dm's acting like midfielders the MC's acting like cam's or Ml/r acting as wingers etc etc - with that in mind I created a tactic that could take advantage of this and succeed.

Looks weird - acts amazing!!!

View attachment 808014
Attention!!! - It does not matter if your players play out of position and have an indicator that he's not comfortable playing there - example Striker gets an automatic red color because he's positioned on the cam position - forget it just play the players but forget your perfectionism that everything has to be perfect - it doesn't the same goes for the sweeper just use a defender I use one a little more creative than the other two defenders. The same thing can happen for your wingers just play them their like its their normal position. Don't lean on to the thought that if its red then they will play bad.

View attachment 808017
Conceeded 1 goal in 12 matches and even better my team blend has been really poor - I don't know if you can succeed with this tactic playing with an underdog team - so for now I will say you can't because that's untested.

The Formation
GK Courtois
SW Laporte
CDL Digne
CDR Dede
DMC Wanyama
DMCL Crisetig
DMCR Pogba
CM Barkley
ML Muniain
MR Shaarawy
CAM Lukaku

Defenders I can recommend to retrain quick fullbacks and use in CDL/R positions - make sure that they can jump head and has plenty of strenght like a normal defender would have. Look into players like Digne - Danilo oh and If you can get a fullback that dribbles don't worry it will just add to your offensive potency. DMC should be your bone breaker so strong good tackling and all the skills you want from an anchorman. DMCL/R you want to be Pogba types creative strong and technical and preferably decent finishing. If workrate and positioning is decent I train these as complete forwards otherwise box to box.

The CM an attacking creative midfielder - I prefer these with Flair technique creativity quickness and good finishing. Its a bonus if he can dribble. The complete forward schedule developes most of the important attributes for the CM or the attacking midfielder schedule to develop the workrate as well.

ML/R - Complete forward schedule - you want these to develop into complete forwards creative quick technical and great finishing.

Your CAM - your striker complete forward schedule as he interacts alot in the build up play. At the moment I use a strongman but I think a Messi type can do just as well.

Training If Team blend is Strong understanding or above:

Team Cohesion - low - 50% - Attacking movement

Training If Team Blend is Below Strong understanding:

Team Cohesion - Very high - 50% - Teamwork

Give it a spin and report back your results

Cheers

Match Results

View attachment 808231 View attachment 808233 View attachment 808234 View attachment 808235 View attachment 808236 View attachment 808237 View attachment 808242 View attachment 808243 View attachment 808245 View attachment 808251 View attachment 808270

These Images are taken while having a team blend between blending well and strong understanding

1-2-3-3-1-0 formation, how about trying a 4-2-3-1-0 formation (back 4, 2 DM (box to box defensive), 3 CMs (box to box attacking or complete forward), AM))

Fanta tweak 6 - 2 tweaks by Jesaustralia

My team has Extremely Strong Understanding - and this tactic is really showing itsself as
one of the best tactics Defensively & Attackingly, but C.Ronaldo really sucks in any way I play him
Whether it be wing or striker so I prefer not to play with him at all. All that while Messi just do the
right thing constantly.

Heres an appetizer for you

View attachment 285179 View attachment 285178 View attachment 285175 View attachment 285177 View attachment 285176 View attachment 285175 View attachment 285174 View attachment 285173

Visually this tactic dominates - it dominates possession - it dominates amount of shots and I get the feeling that any team that I play against will struggle - for me it might be the best tactic out their - with a top team.

Cheers

Last edited:
Fanta 6 tweaks by Galego - 2tweaks by Jesaustralia - Season 2 Conclusion

I started out with getting all the right staff including a very good assistant manager that would also be capable of picking the 1st 11 - I started out managing my team resting them individually giving them privat talks etc. and I did this for about 10 matches without conceeding a single goal - I got bored with it so I let my new superstar assistant manager take over the picking of the match squad and rotated slightly. The team blend went down in the beginning, but as we progressed it went right up again - this caused me to believe I actually should do this test a final season with the same squad almost minus Ibrahimovic and + Maupay who you will see an insane image of later in this post.

The season went alot more smooth than the 1st season, but didn't score as many as I expected, maybe due to my management and the team blend was all over the place. With galego's tweak and my own tweak put this tactic among the best if not the best - I'm certain of it - Its very clear to me!!!!

League table

View attachment 285072
I have a feeling their is more too come....

Achievements

View attachment 285071

The Squad

View attachment 285070

Neal Maupay - Best Youth Striker - Look at gls amount

View attachment 285069

Copa Del Rey Final Vs Real Madrid

View attachment 285068
This is insane against a great side that have Luiz Suarez - Thomas Muller etc etc - one of the reasons why this can be calculated as a fantastic tactic in its current shape.

So we scored less but dominated totally every match - their was 3 odd matches where we lost including a match vs Man.utd in the ch league semi final losing 3-0 and on away goal on aggregate (That was dissapointing) - this could have been due to condition factors though. I made C.Ronaldo able to play MR by retraining him and that worked well I reckon.

So my journey in the 2nd season leads to me having to do a 3rd season - but not yet!!!!! - We have some unfinished business with a certain myth - WOOOW!!!!!!!!!! - We need to see what this tactic can really do or not do - the same goes for Frankenstein 2nd visit - am I up for the task - YES!!!!! - I'm just as interested to see what will happen as you probably are - Their can't be anymore Excuses with these and we need some concrete answers don't we? :) - It makes me excited to go through a season with Wooow using this team. I will start from the 2nd season point.

So now I will save the fanta save and get ready for Wooow - I will come back to the Fanta though and do a final season with that one.

I hope you are all good and have had a good easter or whatever you celebrate these days!!

Cheers guys

Good stuff so far. Just one question what does an assistant manager look like that can pick the first 11 ? mine never picks the best players it seems

What are you testing or playing with? you new tactic?

your tweak 2 to fanta.

As far as I am able to tell, youve set the width to 10, changed the passing of the WMs and CMs to be the same as the DM, and set the CMs to move into channel?