Barcelona Tactic By Jesaustralia - How the match engine like it!!!!!!

about the testing Jes, I have an idea, although it would take a lot longer to test I would think and would be a real pain to set up. A super league where all the best players are in the top 5 or 6 teams, and 3 or 4 teams with cloned personnel (basically your dream team) that each runs a different tactic - Woow, Frankentien, and Fanta (and I will add Marcelo 3142 too since Galego's personal best was with that). So you would have to simultaneous run with 3 or 4 human managers.

Perhaps a 12 team league, 4 clubs with the same personnel under your control but with different tactics and then 8 teams like Barca, Real, City, Dortmund, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, and Juventus with the best AI managers. Each team plays each other four times, so a total of 44 league games. (Or maybe move to 16 teams for a total of 60 matches will make it more accurate, add in teams like Athletico Madrid, United etc)

I would suggest keeping the original squads the same. Just clone players over the 4 new teams. And use the 13.3 database, honestly both LFCs database and the other new database are way out of reality (just look at the PA's in the editor)

The only problem I see with the assisstant picking the team is that he picks it according to what stats the position indicates are important for that position. for e.g. for Wow the MR should be a box to box but AI will pick crossing winger. Maybe a way round could be to have a preferred XI which the AI always picks. If gaps between matches are kept to 5 or 6 days it would be possible that best XI is selected as much as possible without fatigue

All credit btw for the idea goes to Will1981 on FM 15 forums. He had a similar tactic testing league.

Good stuff so far. Just one question what does an assistant manager look like that can pick the first 11 ? mine never picks the best players it seems

he picks the players which have the best attributes with respect to the position. These non TC tactics have this issue: for e.g when you click on the CM in the tactics screen you will see that stats highlighted are usually passing, creativity, tacking, marking etc whereas maybe you want a box to box cm there but the AI will choose those players whoose highlighted stats are best

this is one reason why i slightly prefer TC tactics as by changing the roles you can have a better set of attributes for the position so the AI chooses better but still not perfect

WOOOW - First half of season completed

View attachment 285041

Defensively superior it seems - Offensively could be twice as good - team gel is struggling - players alot more dissatisfied that they were with fanta.

Cheers

about the testing Jes, I have an idea, although it would take a lot longer to test I would think and would be a real pain to set up. A super league where all the best players are in the top 5 or 6 teams, and 3 or 4 teams with cloned personnel (basically your dream team) that each runs a different tactic - Woow, Frankentien, and Fanta (and I will add Marcelo 3142 too since Galego's personal best was with that). So you would have to simultaneous run with 3 or 4 human managers.

Perhaps a 12 team league, 4 clubs with the same personnel under your control but with different tactics and then 8 teams like Barca, Real, City, Dortmund, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, and Juventus with the best AI managers. Each team plays each other four times, so a total of 44 league games. (Or maybe move to 16 teams for a total of 60 matches will make it more accurate, add in teams like Athletico Madrid, United etc)

I would suggest keeping the original squads the same. Just clone players over the 4 new teams. And use the 13.3 database, honestly both LFCs database and the other new database are way out of reality (just look at the PA's in the editor)

The only problem I see with the assisstant picking the team is that he picks it according to what stats the position indicates are important for that position. for e.g. for Wow the MR should be a box to box but AI will pick crossing winger. Maybe a way round could be to have a preferred XI which the AI always picks. If gaps between matches are kept to 5 or 6 days it would be possible that best XI is selected as much as possible without fatigue

All credit btw for the idea goes to Will1981 on FM 15 forums. He had a similar tactic testing league.

I see where you are getting at - but nothing that motivates me to do. Playing different tactics up against each other is also a bad idea too - my Goooaall262 have beaten them all consistantly including the best tactics or the ones branded as the best tactic in fm13. My goal with my current test was to give an indicator of where the different tactics stand using the best of the best real life players in game. I wasn't plannning on making this out to be a big deal just an indicator. I also find it fun to figure out how many goals the best players would be able to score - its fun to watch basically. Wooow is a real silverware tactic for instance unstoppable.

The assistant manager rotate slightly for me so most players will have acceptable condition - if its copa del rey i ask him to rotate full - so the squad will be very fresh in that match.

Champ I hear what you are saying and maybe a good idea - I don't have a first clue on how to set it up and I probably would get bored with it easily - so I rather want these tests kept simple. If you don't want me to test further let me know.

Cheers

I see where you are getting at - but nothing that motivates me to do. Playing different tactics up against each other is also a bad idea too - my Goooaall262 have beaten them all consistantly including the best tactics or the ones branded as the best tactic in fm13. My goal with my current test was to give an indicator of where the different tactics stand using the best of the best real life players in game. I wasn't plannning on making this out to be a big deal just an indicator. I also find it fun to figure out how many goals the best players would be able to score - its fun to watch basically. Wooow is a real silverware tactic for instance unstoppable.

The assistant manager rotate slightly for me so most players will have acceptable condition - if its copa del rey i ask him to rotate full - so the squad will be very fresh in that match.

Champ I hear what you are saying and maybe a good idea - I don't have a first clue on how to set it up and I probably would get bored with it easily - so I rather want these tests kept simple. If you don't want me to test further let me know.

Cheers

No no keep testing, it was just a suggestion :)

your tweak 2 to fanta.

As far as I am able to tell, youve set the width to 10, changed the passing of the WMs and CMs to be the same as the DM, and set the CMs to move into channel?

The width setting is a big change - I have tested all settings for width 10 is king - The CM's move into channels = moving horizontally like outwards arrows to spread them out more is a big setting too - the pass change I just changed because you made me aware of them not being in sync with the opposite wide mid. So I expected that to be the same.

Nothing else, but its huge changes and does have an effect I saw it in my hours of testing the width slider - the team started to play better when the 2 CM's moved horizontally - results became better pressure became better so I count that as very important to the fanta tactic - I tested the original before i started to change things - My only goal was to improve the tactic - I feel I did that. Remember I created this for a top team not an sub top or below that but top top team - nothing less

Cheers

No no keep testing, it was just a suggestion :)

It was a good suggestion - but a really bad idea :) due to my own experiences with different tactics from my former barca save i had 7-8 teams all playing with different tactics some well known as can't lose tactics - I beat them all with my OK tactic 262 and it was only good for me because i had all the right players in the right positions - so I feel that wouldn't be a good test to do.

Anyway appreciate your thoughts though - What team do you use or have you used with Fanta?

Cheers mate

It was a good suggestion - but a really bad idea :) due to my own experiences with different tactics from my former barca save i had 7-8 teams all playing with different tactics some well known as can't lose tactics - I beat them all with my OK tactic 262 and it was only good for me because i had all the right players in the right positions - so I feel that wouldn't be a good test to do.

Anyway appreciate your thoughts though - What team do you use or have you used with Fanta?

Cheers mate

its a regen Real Madrid side - basically its on older version of my OM save

WOOOW - Completed

League table

View attachment 285008

Overview

View attachment 285007

Squad

View attachment 285006

Results

View attachment 285005 View attachment 285004

In general I can say it seems like wooow is the king of defence - attacking wise I was sitting live with Mr Langvatn and he got amazing results constantly so I know that this tactic can do even better than this. The amount of shots and dominance this tactic has also proves to me it has the potential. For me the assistant did ok - but picking KOKE as a wide midfielder on the right is not optimal - I know by a fact this position should be extremely quick and have all the skills of a developed James Rodriguez creative technical good crossing are just some of the qualities expected. I also wished the assistant would have rotated the aml between ronaldo and bale but he never did.

I'm left with an annoying taste in my mouth because I have seen a goal average above 6 a game I guess Wooow demands even stronger players than my dream team currently has.

Cheers

I have created a new tactic that I'm currently testing its Barcelona's original 433 - First I checked what it could do the default tactic - then I obviously changed longshots to none - setpieces to what I believe in and then I changed all passing to 1 and width to 10 and I changed several other things and right now I'm seeing this tactic as very promising.

Latest match...

View attachment 284950

Look at the amount of shots on target & the amount of half chances - CRAZY!!!! :)

By the way I think Wooow can be improved - just saying :)

Cheers

Will post this one up if I find it successfull

Jeeez - I think I have really done it!!!!! - Please try this tactic - All positions work amazingly

attachment.php

attachment.php

433 Attacking Mind By Jesaustralia

My assistant manager rotate slightly -

Bale a genius on the left wing - Messi a genius on the right wing - Reus another great genius on the right wing
Its every single position that provides a high average rate - they have shots often above 30 while the opponent have between 0-5 shots. Many half chances many clear cuts - its amazing - I urge you to try this - I'm partially in shock because I didn't feel I did a whole lot, but I did something because it works amazing.

Please try this - it shows potential to be my personal best tactic and its Barcelonas default tactic improved with lots of changes and it works - yayyy for me - I'm very hyped right now hehe.

Cheers guys

I imagine a tank forward that contains some quickness will do amazing here

Last edited:
WOOOW - Completed

League table

View attachment 811008

Overview

View attachment 811011

Squad

View attachment 811013

Results

View attachment 811016 View attachment 811017

In general I can say it seems like wooow is the king of defence - attacking wise I was sitting live with Mr Langvatn and he got amazing results constantly so I know that this tactic can do even better than this. The amount of shots and dominance this tactic has also proves to me it has the potential. For me the assistant did ok - but picking KOKE as a wide midfielder on the right is not optimal - I know by a fact this position should be extremely quick and have all the skills of a developed James Rodriguez creative technical good crossing are just some of the qualities expected. I also wished the assistant would have rotated the aml between ronaldo and bale but he never did.

I'm left with an annoying taste in my mouth because I have seen a goal average above 6 a game I guess Wooow demands even stronger players than my dream team currently has.

Cheers

That against 5 :O :O :O

This is very true of the WooW. Its a defensive colossus. I used it in the PL, regen team, expected to score 150+ but scored 110-120 but only conceded 12

Jeeez - I think I have really done it!!!!! - Please try this tactic - All positions work amazingly

attachment.php

attachment.php

433 Attacking Mind By Jesaustralia

My assistant manager rotate slightly -

Bale a genius on the left wing - Messi a genius on the right wing - Reus another great genius on the right wing
Its every single position that provides a high average rate - they have shots often above 30 while the opponent have between 0-5 shots. Many half chances many clear cuts - its amazing - I urge you to try this - I'm partially in shock because I didn't feel I did a whole lot, but I did something because it works amazing.

Please try this - it shows potential to be my personal best tactic and its Barcelonas default tactic improved with lots of changes and it works - yayyy for me - I'm very hyped right now hehe.

Cheers guys

I imagine a tank forward that contains some quickness will do amazing here

Finally you have listened to my 433 request :)

I wonder if I should change to the CM role instead of box to box - Assistant does take preference on koke khedira and the like while kroos get an occasional match - the rest seems perfect the role changes - what do you think champ?

I wonder if I should change to the CM role instead of box to box - Assistant does take preference on koke khedira and the like while kroos get an occasional match - the rest seems perfect the role changes - what do you think champ?

thats actually a good idea. Keep one CM as box to box and one as CM -attack. means an all round CM and a creative CM get selected - although the instructions will be same