aediasse

Reaction score
I have been testing out a tiki-taka tactic with Barcelona. I know, it's not that difficult to get results with a team like this, but - nevertheless. My aim was to test out a possession tactic as that has been my favourite with any team I manage during the recent FM Versions.

Tactic download
If you want to try, go to: THIS LINK

The system
I play a 4-3-3, with very high full backs and wingers that cut inside making it almost impossible to defend against.

Two playmakers in the middle, one advanced and one deep-lying. Also, a half-back who links the defence and midfield. The centre midfielder also operates as a kind of third defender, as the system is 3-4-3 in attack.

The Messi role was a little difficult. I think Advanced forward, Complete forward and Trequartista is the best (not the false 9).

Corners
The corner setup I use is based from memory from this: http://http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-tactics/144094-possible-new-corner-bug-no-dc-needed.html
Made by: View Profile: Blarry - Football Manager 2014 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
(ps: I have JUST started to use it. Three games now. Scored in two games from corners until now.

Team instructions
- Retain possession
- Play out of defence
- Work ball into box
- Hassle opponents
- Shorter passing

Mentality
Control

Fluidity
Balanced

Other information
I rotate alot so in some games I may not play with the best players, even in one game I had four academy players on the pitch and absolutely passed Almeria off the park.

Obviously it takes pre-season friendlies and a few competetive games to make it fluid. Also during the beginning I have tweaked the formation here and there, and I still am.

NB: If you want to take this, tweak it and post I don't mind, it's just a preliminary tactic for me, just starting out as I am sure most people are with their tactics.

View attachment 461939View attachment 461938View attachment 461937View attachment 461936View attachment 461935

Last edited:
Can you give me SS from one game.
I am interested in passing and possesion :D

Last 10 La Liga games (played 19 in the league so far)

First to last played game:
54% A
62% H
44% A
61% H
54% A
58% H
65% A
61% H
56% A
66% A

You can easily keep even more possession if you add instructions to single players to pass it shorter (the team has that instruction, but giving players extra instruction will make them even more extreme I think).

Remember, I want to attack as well :p

(MESSI 17 la liga games, 23 goals - total: 24 games/31 goals)

I'd like to try your tactic .. but I have a problem when I try to import .. the game just freezes .. can you tell me how to solve this problem?

Hey mate, thanks for the honorable mention :) I stumbled across this whole corner thingy by accident exactly when trying to create some barcelona-ish tactic in beta.

can u give some ss about the player instructions
don't know why i can't load ur tactics . it crashes all the time