Barcelona vs Manchester United - May 28th, 19:45

Who Will Win The UEFA Champions League Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont see why we need a taller striker, most of our headed goals are from movement and drilled in crosses,would rather have a striker that fits our style, which he would

Maybe Taller was the wrong word, someone with the ability to hold the ball like Berba did, with a touch like his, with a bit of stregthen, If you get where i am going, and there is nothing wrong with a bit of a plan b, is there?

Maybe Taller was the wrong word, someone with the ability to hold the ball like Berba did, with a touch like his, with a bit of stregthen, If you get where i am going, and there is nothing wrong with a bit of a plan b, is there?

aguero is actually quite good at the holding the ball up, effectively a more lethal finishing, but less creative version of Rooney happy up top or playing deep

In fairness Macheda and Welbeck could provide plan B, they are both 6ft. See where you are coming from though. Think your ideal player would be Falcao.

Just want to say that SAF does not made any effort to win the game. The midfield players are extremely below Barcelona's quality. You can't beat Barca with players like Carrick and forwards like Hernandez .. Even the idea of two strikers is crazy. If you play with two strikers, Berbatov necessarily had to be in the starting lineup. A player who has proven that he can control the ball and create chances for others. You can not go out with sprinters like Hernandez and less creative midfielders like Carrick. Sorry I was a little rough but you can not expect players like Scholes to draw the match - a meaningless reserve. Respect for what he was and his qualities, he is not for the Champions League final, especially when you lose by 2 goals...SAF beat Himself with a poor strategy and poor man management, and lack of adequate transfer policy. That's my opinion and do not intend to offend anyone.

aguero is actually quite good at the holding the ball up, effectively a more lethal finishing, but less creative version of Rooney happy up top or playing deep

In fairness Macheda and Welbeck could provide plan B, they are both 6ft. See where you are coming from though. Think your ideal player would be Falcao.

He would do i suppose. :p, With Aguero i just dont want to spend 40million on a striker, that could halt Javiers progress.

Just want to say that SAF does not made any effort to win the game. The midfield players are extremely below Barcelona's quality. You can't beat Barca with players like Carrick and forwards like Hernandez .. Even the idea of two strikers is crazy. If you play with two strikers, Berbatov necessarily had to be in the starting lineup. A player who has proven that he can control the ball and create chances for others. You can not go out with sprinters like Hernandez and less creative midfielders like Carrick. Sorry I was a little rough but you can not expect players like Scholes to draw the match - a meaningless reserve. Respect for what he was and his qualities, he is not for the Champions League final, especially when you lose by 2 goals...SAF beat Himself with a poor strategy and poor man management, and lack of adequate transfer policy. That's my opinion and do not intend to offend anyone.

How can you say it's Fergie's fault for the midfield against Barcelona's? What midfielder do we have that can stand close to the Barca one? What would Berbatov have changed at all? We couldn't have got the ball close to him, Rooney was forced to drop deep for the whole game so Berbatov would have been just as isolated up top. At least with Hernandez we had a chance of beating a relatively slow CB pairing with his pace.

Why do you think there's so much debate about who we'll add to midfield this summer? Because we recognise that it isn't up to the quality required. Do you actually think before you write, you say it was an error to play a midfield with Carrick and then fail to offer an alternative - Why? Because there wasn't one.

He would do i suppose. :p, With Aguero i just dont want to spend 40million on a striker, that could halt Javiers progress.

i dont think he would halt his progress, but it gives us more options. To be honest i wouldnt complain with either striker at the club :p my personal preference just happens to be aguero and i feel he'd fit us a bit better.

Well putting one of the most creative players out of the game(Berbatov) and off the bench is truly a poor decision.. Beating Barca with pace ?- never.. Creativity and Flair is needed(which Barca has a lot) Playing berba a little deep like he was playing in tottenham is the best choice.. he shouldn't have to score.. he should create.. and if he hasen't adjusted to Man U style(even his 20 goals in only probably 20 games this season)it is only SAF mistake. He never plays him where he should be and never plays him regularly .. And that's how United lost the second one of his best strikers.. like tevez left..

Last edited:
Well putting one of the most creative players out of the game(Berbatov) and off the bench is truly a poor decision.. Beating Barca with pace ?- never.. Creativity and Flair is needed(which Barca has a lot) Playing berba a little deep like he was playing in tottenham is the best choice.. he shouldn't have to score.. he should create.. and if he hasen't adjusted to Man U style(even his 20 goals in only probably 20 games this season)it is only SAF mistake. He never plays him where he should be and never plays him regularly .. And that's how United lost the second one of his best strikers..

sigh Saf has played him in the big games and the away games, and he hasnt delieved. no goals in europe since 2008, and 4 away from home this season. thats why he wasnt picked. he cant have started deep because he cant track busquets like rooney can. his job would have been to score, which he hasnt done in europe

Well putting one of the most creative players out of the game(Berbatov) and off the bench is truly a poor decision.. Beating Barca with pace ?- never.. Creativity and Flair is needed(which Barca has a lot) Playing berba a little deep like he was playing in tottenham is the best choice.. he shouldn't have to score.. he should create.. and if he hasen't adjusted to Man U style(even his 20 goals in only probably 20 games this season)it is only SAF mistake. He never plays him where he should be and never plays him regularly .. And that's how United lost the second one of his best strikers..

Berbatov has seldom performed in Europe or away from home. He hasn't scored in almost 1200 minutes of European football. I like Berbatov and hope he does stay, but with the form Hernandez is in - if we were going to play with two up top then he deserved his place.

MUFC will unveil a new 19 times banner to represent how many times they touched the ball at wembley last night!

First of all I'd like to say I forgot to add that even though I really dislike their club I have loads of respect for ManU fans. They have been so graceful about this. Obviously when you're the biggest club in the world you'll have tons of glory hunters who give them a bad name but the good ManU fans I think are a really classy bunch and are actually a lot less delusional than most football fans. They handled this loss so much better than the fans of other teams that have lost to Barca, and I'm thinking of some London clubs in particular. I believe that losing well is important for the fans and teams; when the Lakers got eliminated by the Mavericks the other day in the play-offs and were really disgraceful about it (had two players sent off for flagrant fouls doing real bush league stuff as they got beat by 30 something points) the announcer said that part of being a champion is losing like a champion, and it's something I agree with.

Second, on to the Aguero matter. It would be nonsensical though, why would you spend 40 million on a player so that you could bench Chicharito (and Welbeck will be there next season too right)? That money would be much better spent elsewhere, I think on a keeper and Sneijder. I agree with Scott 100% though, a plan B striker is what is needed, someone who can hold up the ball and is an aerial threat (Carroll would be good lol), I don't think Aguero brings something too different to the table from Hernandez and Rooney.

Third, As for the troll a few pages back, there actually was one thing I think he made a semi-legitimate point about, and that's SAF's man-management. I don't think he quite gets how to handle the egos of these modern players, he's too old-school. That's obviously one of his biggest strengths and they are so well-disciplined but sometimes it hurts them. He has now alienated and forced the departure of arguably their two best strikers in recent years, one of whom ended up leaving for cross-town rivals who now compete with ManU for trophies and the other was incredibly expensive and only got one productive season in for them. I think he needs to understand that in the modern game these players are huge investments and that since their psyche is a lot different from the players of the past you need to treat them very differently. That might mean stroking their egos more than is necessary and playing a sort of balancing act at times, and it might be against his principles, but I think it's necessary. If you spend 30 million on a player, you need to keep him happy, and if he has a complicated personality than you might need to treat him differently in order to do so.

Off topic but does anyone know whether or not Giggs and Scholes are sticking around next season? ManU is at a major crossroads right now, they have a bunch of crucial players and leaders all retiring right when the FFP are about to kick in. They need to be very wise about their replacements and it's a **** good thing for them that SAF is sticking around. They need a new keeper and a great CM for sure (Sneijder would be perfect). I also think they need a very good destroyer DM. Fletcher is a good squad player as is Park (who can play in the middle) but TBH I really don't rate Carrick and Anderson highly at all, I don't think they're ManU caliber, and we have to give up on Hargreaves. Nani is great and Park and Valencia are good wingers, but if they want to be really dominant they could look at making a big signing for another (wouldn't be financially prudent but would make them much better). Smalling looks like he'll be a great replacement for Rio so I guess they're good there. I'm not really sold on the Da Silva twins, if they don't turn out they'll need to an RB but I guess we'll know more about that next season.

MUFC will unveil a new 19 times banner to represent how many times they touched the ball at wembley last night!

did you make it to the final?

oh right...

next

******* troll.
EDIT:
**** Curtis XD
EDITx2:
@Curtis
You make lot of sence... But I disagree about Da Silva twins. They bring another dimension to United. Rafael is great RB, just need to get his head sorted. He made too much stupid tackles. Most recent on on Maxi.

Last edited:
Curtis: On aguero, we dont really play with height anyway and welbeck and macheda would offer that as back up. even Falcao who would fit what scott was asking for would cost nearly 30m

Tevez: he wanted out for the money, he'd already decided in feb he was leaving, before we even had time to sit down, and we were not going to pay 47m for him

we have loads of different personalities in the squad and he has done incredibly well with the vast majority, look how he dealt with the ego that is ronaldo and turned him one of the most lethal players on the planet, turned nani in to the best winger in the league

id say hes pretty amazing at man management

Giggs is staying, scholes is almost certainly retiring happy with the twins they are coming along immense, they are only 19-20 remember

have a huge transfer kitty and actuallly we look good for FFP as well

Last edited:

I'm sorry but Aguero is not less creative than Rooney...and even if Berbatov leaves signing a striker would really stunt the progress of Chicharito, Welbeck, and Macheda. I don't see why you'd want another striker when Chicharito is perfect for you guys. He's already an amazing player at 22 and should start every game. Bring on Welbeck and Macheda as back-ups. If Berba leaves than maybe, just maybe you could do with one more striker, but not for 40 million quid. That money really should be spent on Sneijder, and the remainder of the transfer budget spent on a top-class goalkeeper on a destroyer DM. Aguero in this market is worth every penny of his 40 million price tag but it would be money very poorly spent if you guys bought him.

Well putting one of the most creative players out of the game(Berbatov) and off the bench is truly a poor decision.. Beating Barca with pace ?- never.. Creativity and Flair is needed(which Barca has a lot) Playing berba a little deep like he was playing in tottenham is the best choice.. he shouldn't have to score.. he should create.. and if he hasen't adjusted to Man U style(even his 20 goals in only probably 20 games this season)it is only SAF mistake. He never plays him where he should be and never plays him regularly .. And that's how United lost the second one of his best strikers.. like tevez left..

sigh, Berba's 20 or so goals in the League came from an incredible 5-goal haul against Blackburn and 3 hat-tricks, which mean that in the rest of the numerous games he has played bar those 4 games in the League, he has only scored 6 goals plus he has never scored in Europe for a long time so how can u expect SAF to go with Berba when Hernandez and Rooney have such a great partnership

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

did you make it to the final?

oh right...

next

Relax Pal... was meant as a harmless Joke, was someone's status update on Facebook

I'm sorry but Aguero is not less creative than Rooney...and even if Berbatov leaves signing a striker would really stunt the progress of Chicharito, Welbeck, and Macheda. I don't see why you'd want another striker when Chicharito is perfect for you guys. He's already an amazing player at 22 and should start every game. Bring on Welbeck and Macheda as back-ups. If Berba leaves than maybe, just maybe you could do with one more striker, but not for 40 million quid. That money really should be spent on Sneijder, and the remainder of the transfer budget spent on a top-class goalkeeper on a destroyer DM. Aguero in this market is worth every penny of his 40 million price tag but it would be money very poorly spent if you guys bought him.

No way aguero can do what rooney does for us. He's better dribler than Rooney, but Rooney's vision is great. Though I agree about that we don't need expensive striker. I would love from Berbatov to stay, but ih he doesn't, we need some one who's like Berbatov. I can't think anyone who plays similar to him right now. We need playmaker. Im skeptic about Sneijder, he seems to me like one season wonder.

Well he is less creative, since he isnt a genuine goal making 10 like Rooney is. hasnt got the range of passing for one. Dimi leaving would leave us with two top strikers, you need 3. And he would lessen the reliability on Rooney. we have a huge budget this summer. more than enough for aguero on top of an MC if berbatov leaves. Not a priority but a possibility

goalkeeper is all but secured.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

we're moving into the future of united now, curtis switch to the united thread

This one has run its course

Congratulations Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.