Barcelona vs Manchester United - May 28th, 19:45

Who Will Win The UEFA Champions League Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
View attachment 173374
View attachment 173373View attachment 173372

Barcelona vs Manchester United
Wembley, London
Referee:
Viktor Kassai (Hungary)
Kick-Off: 19:45 GMT
TV Viewings: ITV1, Sky Sports 1.

Barcelona and Manchester United travel to London to take part in a rematch of the UEFA Champions League Final of 2009, both looking to win their 4th Champions League title, and second at Wembley.

History in the Competition

Manchester United won their first Champions League trophy at Wembley in 1968 in a 4-2(AET) win over Benfica when goals from Bobby Charlton and George Best gave England their first European Cup victory. They won their second Champions League trophy in Barcelona in the infamous 2-1 victory over Bayern Munich when 2 goals in stoppage time from Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gave Manchester United the famous victory back in 1999 to complete the Treble. Their third and most recent success came at the expense of Chelsea in 2008, when after the two sides played out a 1-1 draw in normal time, United went on to win on penalties - Edwin Van Der Sar saving from Nicolas Anelka to get his side the win.

Barcelona on the other hand won their first Champions League trophy at Wembley in 1992, when a Ronald Koeman free kick nestled in the bottom corner to give the Catalan side a 1-0 win over AC Milan. They won their 2nd Champions League trophy with a 2-1 win over Arsenal in 2006, coming from behind with goals from Samuel Eto'o and Juliano Belletti to give them the victory in Paris. Their third and most recent success came against Manchester United in 2009, a 2-0 win in Rome with goals from Eto'o and Lionel Messi enough to beat a largely below par Manchester United team.

Team News

Barcelona have named their strongest available squad for this game, and are at near full strength for the Wembley final. Carles Puyol, Eric Abidal and Andres Iniesta are all expected to return to the starting line up after missing recent Champions League games through illness and injury. Barcelona aren't expected to spring any surprises to their line up, and are expected to line up as normal in their regular 4-3-3 system.

Predicted Line Up

Valdes
Alves - Pique - Puyol - Abidal
Busquets
Xavi - Iniesta
Pedro ----------------- Villa
Messi

Andres-Iniesta-Barcelona_25431731.jpg

Manchester United have no fresh injury worries coming into this game but will have a selection headache. After 2009's final, Sir Alex Ferguson must decide between going 4-3-3 with Rooney upfront by himself, or whether he should go with the 4-4-2 that has seen his side smash Schalke and Chelsea in this competition already. Should he go with the 4-4-2, Hernandez is expected to start up front alongside Rooney, meaning top goalscorer Dimitar Berbatov will sit out on the bench.

Predicted Line Up

Van Der Sar
Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Valencia - Carrick - Giggs - Park
<--- Rooney --->
Hernandez

football-batch-2-image-13-234915708.jpg

# # # # #

This game is going to be insane. Barcelona will look to take their usual game to us, with their possession football and walking the ball into the net. However, I feel we'll set up differently to 09 and go with our coveted 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 system to use our pace more effectively on the attack. We'll try to keep Messi out of the game through Zonal Marking and communication will be key to shutting him down. Giggs will start ahead of Fletcher who I don't believe is ready to start this game after so long out, and I think Hernandez's pace will force Barcelona to be careful when pushing players forward. Valencia and Park will work hard all night long to stop Alves and Abidal pushing too far forward, and Giggs and Carrick will work to stop Iniesta and Messi from drifting into the space in front of the centre backs. I'll be in the stadium so I won't be able to update this thread, but I'm really excited for this.

Barcelona 0-1 Manchester United

I'm not sure how we'll do it, but I think we'll keep a clean sheet and maybe be able to ****** a win with a goal. Whoever scores first in this game will win in my opinion, and I hope it will be us.

248774_10150190731186636_644206635_7279572_219976_n.jpg

What a **** OP.... ;)

Hoping United can win this. (had a weird dream a few weeks ago that Fletcher scored a hattrick in the final - wtf!)

2-1 To Man Utd, Hernandez, Rooney. - Pedro

(that last Rooney / Messi pic is class btw)

Reason I wanted to do it was mainly because I wanted to boast and put a picture of my tickets up in the OP, but I'm only picking them up on Friday now, so will post them up once I have them :)

Excellent OP, just got me all that bit more excited now, 2 more sleeps :D

Manchester United have won all 3 of their champions league matches that Victor Kassai has been the ref. (from optajoe)

I just dont want Barcelona to win for some reason. Dont disslike them particularly, would just prefer United to win.

ChampionsLeaguelineups.png

I'll just leave this here.

Barca to win 2-1 in extra time, I think. It'll be close.

Please United, make England proud! Going for a 1-0 with Vidic to score from a set-piece. I really don't want it to go to pens whatsoever.

Really am genuinely excited about this game. Think it's going to very entertaining for the neutral too.

come on Barca !!!

hoping for a 3-1 Win for the Barce with goals from Messi x2 Villa and Hernandez for Utd

really hope Utd dont win it :(

2-1 Barca for me but should be a great match :D

Manchester United are having an open training session on Friday at Craven Cottage. Not sure how they will cope with the dressing rooms if I'm honest.

Got a feeling that we will nick it. This has all the making of 94 final between Barca dream team and Milan who were underdogs. Not saying that we will win 4-0, but when you ask any neutral the reply is Barca will stuff us. Its good to be underdog for the finals. Hope our boys will do us proud.. Some on United. One final big effort on the final day of the season..

Hope we somehow win it.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Manchester United are having an open training session on Friday at Craven Cottage. Not sure how they will cope with the dressing rooms if I'm honest.

Sparky wll teach our players on how to score against Barca.. ;)

I will be rooting for Man United cos I am tired of the media only singing praises about Barcelona and most of em ignore the play-acting and stuff, yes Barca are good but not one of the greatest teams the world will ever see as the media like to sing

C'mon Fergie, show us why u are the best manager in the game and destroy Barca

That picture just makes it look as if Barca are going to dominate XD

Well, frankly, they are. It would be a miracle on par with Jesus' return to Earth if United have more possession.

Well, frankly, they are. It would be a miracle on par with Jesus' return to Earth if United have more possession.

We almost had in 2009 fianls if I'm not wrong. We had 49% i think..

Saw that stats in soccernet I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.