Barcelona.

Sulsey

Reaction score
So, I just recently this weekend went on holiday to Barcelona. I had an amazing time and thoroughly enjoyed it. We went on various tours around Barcelona, looking at the the mixture of building styles that were built for the Olympics. We visited Barcelona FC, which was amazing, not just a football club, indeed. It was a fantastic city with a great atmosphere, masses of shops and restaurants, a modern feel and what felt a safe place to be, not to mention, I would certainly go back.

Have you enjoyed a city break to a country outside your own?
Have you been to Barcelona? What did you think?
Let me know your experiences.

not as beautiful as berlinnn <3 have visited spain twice, but never been to barcelona or madrid tbf :eek: would love to, may have to go there in the summer!!

not as beautiful as berlinnn <3 have visited spain twice, but never been to barcelona or madrid tbf :eek: would love to, may have to go there in the summer!!

Haven't been to Berlin, how long did you stay for?

Yeah, I was greatly impressed and would recommend it to anyone.

Barca is one of my fave cities if not my fave, lived there for 2 years when i was a kid and loved it!
They let kids sit on there parents knee in the Nou Camp so they dont have to have a ticket!! Edit: Probably against the rules now but they did when i was there haha.

But apart from football barca is amazing did you go down La Rambla?

I stayed there for quite a few days, but I absolutely loved it.
visited rome, paris (several times as have friends and relatives there), athens as well as berlin but it was the best city I've been too.
the olympiastadion is impressive as well ;)

Barca is one of my fave cities if not my fave, lived there for 2 years when i was a kid and loved it! They let kids sit on there parents knee in the Nou Camp so they dont have to have a ticket!!

But apart from football barca is amazing did you go down La Rambla?

Yeah, our hotel was just round the corner down one of the side roads.

A fantastic road, the atmosphere was amazing!

The people that dressed up did it for me,especially a guy that was painted all white and sitting on a white toilet, had to give him a few euros.

Been to Amsterdam, had a great time in the most weird and relaxed city in the world. Going back this year.

Yeah, our hotel was just round the corner down one of the side roads.

A fantastic road, the atmosphere was amazing!

The people that dressed up did it for me,especially a guy that was painted all white and sitting on a white toilet, had to give him a few euros.
Yep really good down there, guessing you didnt get pickpocketed? XD

I've been to parts of Basque country by Catalunya when I was younger, went most recently circa 2-3 years ago, it is an amazing city but it doesn't feel like Spain atmosphere wise, it's more like France (Or at least the Toulousian area)

Yep really good down there, guessing you didnt get pickpocketed? XD

No, haha. I did hear about it though, they get you when you stop to watch the acts along the road. Only took what i need which I kept in my inside pocket, smart me. ;)

No, haha. I did hear about it though, they get you when you stop to watch the acts along the road. Only took what i need which I kept in my inside pocket, smart me. ;)
Yep got a reputation for that but its amazing, recommend it to anyone.

Yep got a reputation for that but its amazing, recommend it to anyone.

Yeah, due to that reputation though, there were quite a a lot of police patrolling the street.

Mentioning police, we had to ask one to direct us to the hotel, we got a bit lost.. He spoke fantastic English.

Yeah, due to that reputation though, there were quite a a lot of police patrolling the street.

Mentioning police, we had to ask one to direct us to the hotel, we got a bit lost.. He spoke fantastic English.
Haha sounds fun! Hoping to go back there soon my self.

Haha sounds fun! Hoping to go back there soon my self.

Haha, it was fun, apart from listening to the little toys that make a ridiculously high pitched noise that thousands of locals were trying to sell along the La Rambla, kind of like a noise that birds make..

The Familia Sagrada Cathedral is breathtaking, shame it wasn't done when I wasn't there, but I took photos and looked at the recent ones and it's a shame

The Familia Sagrada Cathedral is breathtaking, shame it wasn't done when I wasn't there, but I took photos and looked at the recent ones and it's a shame

Yeah it still isn't finished, it was amazing. Only negative thing was the incredibly large crains and scaffolding that surrounded it. Did you see the house that Gaudi built along one of the main roads( Forget the name)?

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/54568

What was the weather like? I can remember when i lived there one winter the rain was so dense you couldnt see across the road near the nou camp!

What was the weather like? I can remember when i lived there one winter the rain was so dense you couldnt see across the road near the nou camp!

We were quite lucky, it was sun on all three days we were there,it was around 16C which was a nice temperature.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Rose Tower?

Yea, scafolldings are always a buzzkill *rimshot*

http://img2.aznphotos.com/img2/gaudicasamila2f0tw.jpg